☜ Death-to-Death ☞

The Haunting

     "Agh, dang it..."

     Aiden crouched low underneath the teacher's desk. His forearm was still throbbing in pain, but he stayed alert just in case Jordan showed up. The Coke was readily put on one of the students' desks.

     "Man this thing is really killin' me..." Aiden stole a glance towards his forearm, hoping that the pain would soon fade away.

     "What the HECK?!!" Ugghhh!!!"

     Tiny, crawling maggots in a myriad were wading themselves out of the suddenly big wound on Aiden's forearm. Panicked, he rushed out of the classroom and headed for the nearest restroom. He put his arm under a tap and turned it on at full speed.

     Aiden rubbed the wound thoroughly under the running water, disgusted with the sudden existence of the maggots on his bare skin.

     "Yikk??!"

     He lifted his left hand and saw... nothing.

     No maggots, no wound, no blood -- just the same red mark that appeared earlier.

     "I must've been hallucinating just now..." Aiden shook his head in disbelief and stepped out of the restroom, confused with the recurring odd events that happened around him at this kind of time in this creepy school.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Class 2-4.

     Nathan twisted the doorknob and slightly pushed the door open. The classroom was a bit brighter than the hallways and corridors, maybe because of the faint moonlight streaming through the windowpanes with a serene but mysterious aura.

     He sneakily stepped into the so-called haunted class and shut the door behind him. His eyes scanned the ceiling and the walls, the desks with their chairs, and the books arranged neatly on the shelves. He coughed. The air was dusty. Nobody ever dared to step into this class since the suicide case happened, not even the teachers nor the janitors. Everything seemed normal and still to him. He smirked. What a lousy fairy tale that got everyone sleeping with awful nightmares about the ghost of a kid who commited suicide... nothing wrong with the class to him.

     His gaze fell on the teacher's desk at the front of the class. Squinting his eyes to see more clearly, he took a step closer towards it. And there his eyes could see a weird figure below the teacher's desk.

     Crouched low underneath the teacher's desk, a figure of a guy was staying motionless without any movement. Only his back was visible, but Nathan could make out that it was definitely a guy, and wearing the school's uniform. Must be a student, he thought.

     Nathan forced a grin. "Hey haha Spence... you can't scare me the second time, y'know..." Nathan let out a chuckle and snorted. "You can cut it out now."

     The figure didn't move.  He didn't even flinch or twitch at the sound of Nathan's voice.

     Nathan creased his eyebrows. He stepped closer. "You shouldn't be fooling around like this Spence... we need to work this plan out..." Nathan touched the figure's shoulder, and he finally spun his head around.

     "Wha --?!?! N-NOOOO!!!"

     On one second he saw the figure's face, blood-stained and rotten. It was real enough to tell him that it was not a mask.

     The next second, everything went black, silent.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

     "N-NOOOO!!!"

     Aiden cocked his ears towards the blood-curdling scream in the distance.

     "Was that Jordan? That's quite... early," he mumbled to himself.

     He gave another thorough rub on his forearm and wore the demon mask he had brought along. He stayed low behind the teacher's desk and waited eagerly. If that's really Jordan, then he'll have to face me next, Aiden thought, snickering and imagining the scared-like-hell face of Jordan when HE scares the hell OUT of him.

     There were silent footsteps outside the classroom, gradually getting louder and nearer by every step. Aiden heard the doorknob twist as the door opened with a slight creak, and the footsteps stepped inside.

     "BOOO~!!!"

     Aiden sprang up form his hiding spot, his eyes frantically searching for his victim in the dark. He swiped his sight from left to right.

     But his eyes couldn't see anyone, only the door standing ajar at the back of the classroom.

     Aiden pulled off his mask and ruffled his hair with a confused look. He squinted his eyes to make sure. Yes, nobody was around in the class, except him.

     "How did..... who did....." Aiden stared at the opened door, expecting someone to appear behind the door and tell him it was just an insane joke for fun.

     He turned his head to the right, and he saw what he dreaded since he first stepped into the empty classroom. It was only a few seconds of staring into complete blackness of two eyeballs belongingin to a face so dreadful, indescribable by words. The ghostly figure then attacked him with a strike so powerful that he laid flat on his back, staring at the ceiling above.

     Then everything went permanently mute and black for Aiden.