Old Friend

Mr. Wedding Wrecker

 

After I wrap my body with some clothes, now I have to face Seungri, he would interrogate me and presume me like I’m the bad guy. He must be upset with my careless act plus incredibly awkward, I assume, because he witnessed inappropriate scene featuring his friend and the guy who is happened to be also his long time friend. Why the world is has to be so small?

I sit on the sofa with Seunghyun-guy on my side who also already fully-clothed while there Seungri is, standing in front of us with his both arms on his hips. Once in a while he let out a heavy blow giving a sign of his lack of understanding, disappointment, and disbelief.

“What on earth did you guys think you were doing?!” He speaks up in mock tone.

To be honest I feel myself lost in jittery meanwhile when I steal a look of Seunghyun, he looks so peaceful. How can he be so calm? Didn’t he feel guilty at all after he screwed someone else’s fiancee? I scoff at him in disbelief.

 “It was a mistake beside it’s not a hundred percents my fault. You should have told me that you couldn’t pick me up last night so that I wouldn’t wait for you and some kind of this thing would never happen. I probably could have came back home peacefully.”  I defend myself.

I sense Seungri also doesn’t want to be the person to blame so he attacks me with his words as his self-defense.  “Yah, Kwon Yuri, you should have thanked me. At first I just wanted to neglect you but I was worried about you because you were drunk. I had something to do at that moment so I sent Seunghyun hyung to come pick you up. I just wanted you came home safely. That was it and then both of you ruined the things up.”

I bite my lips and sigh in anger, I’m stuck in confusion.

Then Seungri speaks up again. “You also become the suspect of this crime, hyung. Didn’t I tell you that she’s engaged? It’s not you! You aren’t the type of flirty guy.”

I end up turn myself to Seunghyun. BINGO! I agree. But Seungri has to correct his words. Seunghyun is indeed a flirty cheap guy type. He is a jerk. This is his entire fault actually.

“Yes, you did tell me. But I wouldn’t participate in this crime if she wouldn’t let me.” He answers roguishly.  

“Did she flirt with you?” Seungri abruptly throw a stupid question ever.

THAT’S NOT TRUE!

 “YAH, LEE SEUNGRI!” In puzzle all I can do is spontaneously yell his name out. I close my eyes, holding my rage. Though they’re closed I still can feel that Seunghyun gazes on me in satisfaction.

“YAH, YURI-AH! I’m not talking to you.” Instead of chills me out he makes me fiery.

“I didn’t ! He teased me!” I protest by screaming my voice out loud. I can’t believe of the nerve of these guys. No wonder they became best friends.

“But you kissed me first.” Seunghyun simply replies, calm sure his nature. It’s difficult to believe.

Where the hell is air? Why am I even hard to breath?

“No, I didn’t!” I retort persistently.

“Yes, you did. You even called me…y jawline?”

 “What?!” Seungri stares at us, flabbergasted. “Noona, what is that even mean? y jawline? That sounds cheesy.” He surely looks so disgusted.

, I curse in murmur.

“I was drunk!” I speak with my random hand movement.

He crosses his arms on his chest, leaning closer to my face. “You weren’t that drunk.” Triumphant smile flashes on his face.

If I disregard the fact that he’s friend of Seungri I already slap him violently, no mercy.

“No, I was drunk. I nearly passed out.” I insist as I turn my head to Seungri in order to make him believe.

“In the end she didn’t pass out.” He faces Seungri then turns his face back at me with devilish smirk, same as my case, he’s still look persistent.

“Okay guys, time!” Seungri starts annoyed with our behavior, I can tell by his expression. He asks for time, acting like a mediator between two enemies who already start the war.

Silence fills our situation for a moment until Seungri breaks it. “Were you guys having love at first sight at each other?”

 “What?! No!” I complain tremendously.

“Yes, we were.” This time he nods gruffly, full of confidence.

“NO! He’s lying!” I venomously accuse him.

“You said that you like my jawline because it’s y and you asked me to take you with me. You fell for me at the first sight, right?” He truly inquires me with that nonsense.

I run my hand to my hair, this time I try to answer with a clear mind. “No, I didn’t.” I speak calmer than before.

But Seungri is still on his side. “Go on, hyung.” He still wants to listen to his rubbish, even he lets him speak again until he finishes his rambles.

No more serenity. I reach my boiling point.  “YAH LEE SEUNGRI!”

“Noona, can you please be silent.” He turns his head over me, begging me to shut up.

I see Seunghyun lightly chuckles then continues his bull. “She told me that she was tired, not her, but her soul. Then I said it couldn’t be fixed, she must free it up instead.”

Seungri trails off. “Listen, noona. Even the stranger that you just met last night thinks that the marriage thing won’t work.”

‘So, it’s about it.’ I note Seunghyun still crosses his arms, whispering between his breaths as he nods in understanding.

“YAH, Lee Seungri! Which side are you on?” I quickly complain in annoyance.

He carefully places his hand to my shoulder. “I’m on no one side. But Seunghyun hyung is somehow right. Free it up, let you be a truly happy person.”

Riiing, Riiing

All of sudden sound of cell phone interrupting us. I hand mine, but it isn’t ringing, neither Seungri’s.

So it’s Seunghyun’s. “It’s mine.” He shows his phone to signify it ringing.

“Hello? Yeah, this is Choi Seunghyun.” He answers his call.

“Hyung! How are you?”

“Yes, I’m in Korea. I just came yesterday.”

“Yeah, I would love to.”

“Like right now?”

Because he is still standing next to us, me and Seungri end up hearing his conversation, by his answer it’s probably just from some his colleague asking for what he is up to. Moment later, Seungri makes me turn myself around to stop me eavesdropping Seunghyun’s talks.

Seungri asks me to sit as he questions me. “So, what now? What will you do with Hyunjoong-thing?”

I’m caught off guard with the questions so without thinking I carelessly shrug.

“I told you for a millionth time, I can’t let Hyunjoong go, never. Even though I just got fight with him, I’m sure I can fix things. I need to fix things.”

“Okay, suit yourself. Now what do you want me to?” He sluggishly replies.

“Let’s pretend that this all is never happened.” I exclaim happily.

“Well, let me see.” He watches me with mischievous expression. “Like you’ve never called me that you were drunk?”

“Yes, like I didn’t call you to pick me up.” I state gladly.

“Like I’ve never sent another guy to pick you up?”

“Yes, like I didn’t expect someone to pick me up.”

“Like I never witnessed the improper scene between my senior and my friend?”

Damn it, Seungri!

I frown, offended. “Okay, enough. The point is just act this accident is never happened. Please.”

Seungri let a big sigh, giving up. “Fine. Now, how will you deal with Seunghyun hyung?” He asks wonderingly.

“I already said to him that let us just forget this or pretend it’s never happened.”

“And?” He wonders.

“And he hasn’t given me an answer because you already barged into my house!” I speak with heavy disappointment.

Someone behind us just clear his throat. We turn to see Seunghyun’s figure. “Speak of the devil, I’ll do it what you want.” It sounds like he will completely obey my commands.

My hatred changes into eagerness. “Do you mean it, Seunghyun-ssi?”

He confidently nods. I feel like I’m totally the bad guy. Seunghyun is not as evil as I thought. I was wrong.

“Okay. Let’s not pretend, let’s just forget it. Forget that we have met, try to forget the things we have been through.”

“That will be hard honestly.” I’m not satisfied with his answer. He’s kinda reluctant upon hearing my instruction. I need a decisive answer.

“So will you try or not?” I totally expect his clear answer.

“Fine.” He fake smiles, heavy sigh escaping from his throat. Somehow I feel really bad for him. I indirectly force something he doesn’t want to.

“Thank you so much.” I whisper in air.

I never wish he will hear my words but he does. “What did you just say? I can’t clearly hear you, Ms. Kwon.” He teases with his shabby smile, faking it and telling me he doesn’t hear my words. I’m hesitant to say it again out loud because he absolutely plays me.

Seungri slams my back, making me startled. “Noona, say it firmly. You don’t have to be shy.”

If I have to be with these guys for 24/7, I rather die.

"Thank…” I hesitate and he stares at me hopefully, patiently waiting. Let me get this right, it’s not that hard. “Th…Thank…”

“Thank you very much! Is that even hard for you to say those words, noona?” Out of nowhere Seungri interjects me. I frown as he mocks me.

“Forget it hyung! You can’t expect a thanks from her. She’s too stubborn.” Seungri throws his irate face at me.

Before they go ignore me finally I finish it in one hurried breath. “Thankyousomuch.”

They never see it coming. Seungri happily chuckles like a toddler who just got a candy while Seunghyun laughs in excitement and lands his hand to my head. “Too fast, but not bad, good girl.”

Is he making fun of me? I look at him with scowling face.

“Well now I can go back to France peacefully.” He states like I could care. I don't care, not even wanna see his face again.

“You’re not staying here, hyung?” Seungri’s face shows a surprise.

“Here? Like staying in this house you mean?” He asks, playing along.

I watch Seungri giggles upon hearing his humor. “If you want to.” He answers cheekily, joining Seunghyun’s absurd humor.

“Well, I'd like to stay actually, but unfortunately no, Korea doesn’t want me here.” He gazes at me with a cunning smile, pretending he’s pretty upset. .

“What do you mean by that?" Seungri pulls an innocent face of his. I glare at Seunghyun, giving him dont-you-ever-dare look.

Seunghyun nods in agreement but still makes a teasing face to me. "Never mind, I don't have intention to stay here to be honest."

"Well, it's pretty awful. Now the case is closed. Noona, you can go back to your lovely fiancée and hyung, I’ll be missing you.” Seungri pulls him into a hug. They embrace at each other, sticking one to another like there is no tomorrow.

When Seungri releases him out of his embrace, I encourage myself to say one or two words before he really left Korea. Although he's been so annoying but who knows if it will be our last meeting? Somehow I'm gonna miss him.

Before I step closer to head toward him, I notice something fascinates him. His stare isn’t aim to neither me nor Seungri. So I—or us follow his eyes direction.

 “Is that you fiancée?” He points Hyunjoong’s picture on my living room desk. He comes near to Hyunjoong frame and at last sees it closer.

“Ye--ah.” I reluctantly answer. I’m not sure why he’s suddenly interested with my fiancée’s face.

“If this is your fiancée then forgetting you will be the hardest thing of my life. It will be ing hard.” He sounds like he gives up.

“What?” I gulp, bite my lips. What is he talking about?

“Why hyung?” Seungri is same as blunt as me.

“Because I was just on the line speaking to a guy that I consider him as an old friend, he just called me asking where I am. Strangely, his face looks exactly the same with your fiancée.”

“You gotta be kidding me.” Panic starts rising like it washes over me.

“Is Kim Hyun Joong your fiancée?” Thanks for coming and destroy my life, I really want to say it to him but I’m paralyzed.

Unable to respond, I just can close my eyes, praying that it was a dream all along.

“WHAAT? The guy that just called you is Hyunjoong hyung?” I sense Seungri looks at him unbelievably while I'm numb like I just got hit by lightning. , I curse instead.

“What a coincidence. Noona, you’re so dead.”