Six Years Relationship

Mr. Wedding Wrecker

 

I’m enjoying every little thing of my life, to be honest. I have a well-paid job, amazing friends, caring family, cute kittens to play with, beloved Prada bags collection to show off, and the last but not least, incredible fiancée.

I’m engaged to my longest-time relationship boyfriend, Kim Hyunjoong. We met in college, I was his hoobae (junior) and we joined the same photography club, I don’t really remember how my first impression of him but one thing I know for sure I had a seriously huge crush on him, just like the other girls. Back in college days, I conducted a plan to bump into him most accidentally, so I could get recognized, but things wasn’t going smooth at all, I was walking along and I bumped into him much more heavily than I’d originally plan and yeah from that embarrassing incident he knew me so well, as the girl. The girl turned into miss visibly exist and was getting along very well with a campus charming until one day he confessed his feelings for me, and that was one of the most unexpected things that ever happened to my life, so I was so freaking wonderstruck, I was paralyzed but with butterflies in my tummy, and it was like I had just won a Miss Universe title, beating a hundred girls who had been waiting on the line. Back then, I used to madly in love with him, we were so in love.

Up to now I don’t get what Hyunjoong sees in me. I’m not a nice girl I admit, I frequently lie to him and oftentimes make him upset especially these days. From forgot our last anniversary when he already prepared everything, got caught indirectly cheating until almost-messed up our engagement party. For our six years relationship he has been so good to me, too good. I used to love him, I take my words back, I do love him, he is better than a gentleman, he is perfect just the way he is but lately deep down inside I feel like something is missing, there is a part of myself which is empty, hollow, I can’t even pick a name of this kind of feeling, it is unexplained and indescribable, though he stays by my side and is here it is still unoccupied. Sometimes I assume my soul just probably weary and it is just for awhile.

I just only countdown days until my real wedding, 101 days start from now...

 

 

“Yuri-noona, Yuri-noona.” A voice startles me and force me back in to reality.

“Enough with daydreaming?” It was Seungri’s voice which is stops me from my quite long musing time about my life.

Here I am sitting in the corner of coffee shop having a chitty chat with my ex-college buddy, well, it supposed to be like that but unfortunately my mind was in somewhere so I had to neglect his existence for a little time.

“Huh?” I am a bit dumbstruck when he questions me, my mind not set completely yet.

“After I story telling for about ten minutes, is there any word of my speech that you could remember? Do you ignore me again? Do you?” Now I can clearly see the figure who is now currently sitting next to me, he was wearing a white striped shirt and a black cardigan with his arms crossed over his chest as he notes me.

“I..I don’t.” With quivering lips I simply lie.

I hear he quietly murmurs. ‘You don’t? HAH, liar!’ 

I can’t believe the nerve of this kid.

He suddenly changes his expression, pulling a thoughtful face, he is actually a year younger than me but his acts are completely like the old ahjussi who knows everything better. Here we go. “Listen, Yuri.” When he gets so drop dead serious he will call me by the name.

Honestly, Seungri is the place I run. If I get bored or having some problems he’ll listen. I appreciate his advises because I have to admit his views mostly right and work to solve my problem.

“Make it easy, if you don’t love him, don’t marry him. You still have time. End it before you live with regret.” Lee Seungri, twenty four years old mister knows it all. He doesn’t know about me, I mean not anything or...maybe anything because he even knows my bra size but still, not with my love life case. It is still an exception.

I glare at him. I hate it when he pries about my love-life. He shoves off two cups of our coffee aside in order to cross his arms against the marble table without taking his eyes off of me. We’re somehow like doing an idiotic contest of who can take the longest staring without blinking.

“Listen, Lee Seunghyun. I never said I don’t love him, I’m just be lacking when it comes to love lately, you know like six years relationship dwindling, it’s normal, I’m sure it’ll be just fine, I’m going to love him like I used to, my soul just temporarily tired but everything’s gonna be okay after we get hitched, trust me.”

“You need to stop being so damn selfish, you’re too long to hold him. Call off the wedding soon.” He speaks sternly but his face still looks calm.

I’m completely flabbergasted. HOW DARE HIM, CALL ME SELFISH?

I shoot up abruptly before he continues to attack me with another speech. “I just don’t want him to get hurt, he’s already given me so much love, like I’ve said I’ll may change and love him like I did before. You are the one who is full of selfishness. Don’t you care about your friend’s feeling? If I call off the wedding, I’m scared I’m not gonna find the right guy like him within five years, you know he’s one of a million type, and then by the age thirty I’ll become a loveless loner.” My mind suddenly roams some horrible possibilities which make me mentally cringe.

“What if within three months and months ahead your feelings’ still not growing in fact your soul is permanently tired or even worse, dead  when you’re still with him? It can only hurt him even more, indirectly.” Here he is, Lee Seungri, blurting out his theory with sarcastic and indifferent remarks and I hate it when there is a part of his words that is possibly true.

I lean closer to him, placing my elbows against the table with my folded hands and I look at him into the eyes. “Even though my soul is completely dead I’ll never leave him. I will live in my selfishness and I’m happy with that.”

He let a long sigh as he is done enough to face out my stubbornness. “Fine, take your time to continue think about your future mean plan.” 

I scoff at him.

He checks his time then he begins to get up. “Where are you going? You’re leaving me?” I ask him in disbelief.

“It’s better to find a girl out there who is more tame.” He says as he carelessly shrugs. I know he is joking but I pretend to be mad. So I narrow my eyes at him.

He throws his genuine smile. “Kidding, I have things to do, my hyung-friend is on his flight to Seoul. I need to pick him up in the airport. So I gotta go, bye noona.”

Without says another words he walks head to the door and left me. I sigh heavily as I think again about what he said.

You need to stop for being so damn selfish, you’re too long to hold him. Call off the wedding soon.

 

***

 

Oh ty Seungri, why you no pick up my call. Doesn't he know his friend is already very tipsy now? I lost my counts, I don’t remember how many glasses of beer I’ve been drinking.

That kid, jinja.

I keep calling him but still no answer until my last attempt he finally picks it up.

“Noona?” A voice states from there.

“YAH! Lee Seunghyun, why don’t you answer my call?” I nearly shout and truly sound tipsy but I don’t care, I just need Seungri to be right here.

“I do, I’m talking to you. Noona are you drunk? What’s wrong?” His voice rises in panic.

“Yah!” I cry out frantically to him. “I just got a big fight with Hyunjoong.” This time I cry in exasperation.

“I told you, you and him are not working, you…” Before he goes too far I interrupt his longest-to-be speech. “Yah! I don’t need your words. I just need you to come here. I’m drunk, I can’t drive, I need a friend, I’m lonely.”

There is a cue silence for a moment until I break it. “Seungri-ah.”

“Noona, I can’t. I’m doing my job right now. I…” I don’t know why suddenly his voice goes trail off but if I’m not misheard he’s like having a conversation with someone.

All of sudden he speaks again. “Stay there. Wait for me, sort of.” Then he hangs up. I don’t really get what his last words’ mean.

A few moments later I still don’t sense of Seungri’s presence. What took him so long?

My eyes trail around until its land to a tall handsome guy standing in the entrance, he wears a tidy suit, by looking at his appearance I can tell he must be rich. I just wow at his looks, he simply get my attention, its appeal talking. I study him walking to the counter and unexpectedly he looks at me, inspecting me too.

He throws a cunning smirk at me as he makes his way towards me. Without saying a thing, he plops onto the chair in front of me.

He has those enticing eyes that can make me keep staring into. “Too much drinking is bad for you, miss.” His softly deep voice enters my ears.

He absolutely has the appeal thing, but who is he anyway for indirectly prohibit me to stop drinking.

“Excuse me but who are you? What are you doing here?” I totally sound a little drunk.

“Sitting.” He simply answers. HAH. I scowl at him in disbelief.

I take another glass of beer and he doesn’t stop me. “I’m just a bit drunk not blind. What is your aim to come here, sitting and talking to a stranger?”

I see him grins boyishly before he joins me to take a sip a beer. “I’m in process to take my friend’s order.”

I tilt my head bluntly. “What kind of order?”

He takes another sip of his beer then questions me instead answer. “What are you doing here?”

What am I doing here? I almost forget. I slowly turn intoxicated.

“I…am…” I falter, can’t think of the right words. “I’m desperate.”

“I wanna get out of my life.” I blurt things out. "Do you think a tired soul can be fixed?"

"Tired soul?" He asks reluctantly.

I nod abruptly.

He scrunched his face then shakes his head slowly. "It can't be fixed, you must free it up instead. What's your soul tired of anyway?"

"Six years relationship." 

"Well, relationship is like a plant. It needs lots of love, care and good things to help it grow. One of you has a role to water it meanwhile the other one is to put it out in the sun so when one of you are tired to keep it, it won't grow and it'll be dead." He confidently explains. 

I spontaneously smile in satisfaction after hearing his explanation, he is right. It's the accurate analogy of my six years relationship, our plant is not growing.

"Why don't you guys take a break?" 

"Things are too late." I talk more to myself than the man. 

"Would you break down these walls and pull me through?” I watch him, expectantly waiting for his answer.

He forms a curved smile on his lips. “If I am becoming the one who helped you out? Would you mind?”

I thoughtlessly shrug.

I note the person who has been listening to my twaddle. To be honest I can’t stop admiring him but seriously he has a perfect face structure, I adore his jaw line, it’s sharp, I’ve always wanted to have a boyfriend with a flawless jaw line.

An awkward silence passes us by until I start to speak. “It’s getting late. I need to go home.” I temple massage my forehead, my mind is already away from my head.

I get up from my seat, pick up my stuff before decide to leave.

As I’m ready to leave I find myself stumble. I groan in pain, AISH. He spontaneously stands up to keep my body in balance. I look up to him then laugh. “It’s nice to talking to you.”

“Good night, mister?” I raise my eyebrow curiously. “What’s your name again?” I’m not sure if he already mentions his name.

He giggles as he studies my doings. “Seunghyun.”

“I love your jaw line, by the way. It’s y.” I chuckle softly as I walk away from him.

After struggling with my stagger walk I finally make my way to the exit. When I’m about to find my car, I notice mister y jaw line is walking behind me. I stop my pace. 

“What are you doing here?” I ask him the last same question.

“Like I said, to take my friend’s order.” He takes two steps closer while I take three steps back.

“Is this a new technique to seduce a drunken girl?” Another step closer, another step back.

“You can’t drive.” He speaks in a softer voice.

“So?” I ask him harshly.

“I’ll drive you home.” He doesn’t take a step forward. I stand still.

“Why?” My voice is unsteady and my head is spinning.

“To execute my friend’s order.” He begins to take quick steps towards me and I have no choice to back up until I’m pressed up against the car behind my back.

“I don’t need your ride.” I retort stubbornly.

He is too close, his suit skims my bare arms, I can smell the lingerings of his perfume.

I hate it how he makes my heart triple its normal beat. I hate it how he easily makes me forget how to breathe. I hate it how he makes me can’t think anything else. And what I hate the most is he’s just a random stranger. Why can’t I feel something like these when I close to Hyunjoong?

I took a sharp intake of breath. “Who’s your friend anyway?”

He stays silent.

I deeply look at him. "I'm engaged."

"I know." He devours me with his eyes.

and somehow my lips land into his then all I know is we're kissing.