(DeuLi95) Lay - One Thing Right

Partial Illumination: EXO Collection (Author's Choices and OPEN FOR REQUESTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Deu Li's a Perfectionist and Nothing's Going Right on Their Honeymoon



“You have everything?”

“Yes, I have everyth-wait!” Deu Li stopped herself midsentence as she held onto Yixing’s arm. “Yes, I have everything.” She breathed out as she snatched her tiffany blue Kate Spade handbag from her husband, glaring at him in the process. “Hey, you asked me to hold it when you started refolding everything from my suitcase.” Yixing said as he raised his hands in defense.

“I’m sorry. It’s just…“ She started out of guilt, but he cut her off. “I was kidding. Will you stop overthinking? I want you to let go this weekend and enjoy every bit of our honeymoon. And by every bit, I mean even the inevitable glitches that go along with it. Besides, we’re going to celebrate our first night together. It couldn’t possibly be any less than perfect. Can you promise me that?” He gave her that sweet, dimpled smile that trapped her in the first place. How could she say no?

“I promise.”

“Good.” He chuckled. He was leaning down for a kiss, when her brother interrupted. “Yah, love birds. Let’s get moving. You can do all that and more once you get to Bora Bora.”

He mishandled all their things, carelessly throwing them inside his worn out pick-up truck. “Yah! Ba Seung Ho!”

Deu Li felt like her insides were being torn apart at the thought of the disorder inside their suitcases. She turned to Yixing for help, but it didn’t seem like it was bothering him at all. He caught her eyes and immediately caught on. “Ah, Hyung-nim, let me help you with that.” Before he could reach out to fix their luggage, Seung Ho shut and locked the trunk. “You guys don’t mind sharing a seat do you? Jing-Jing is tagging along!” He shouted as he tried to bring the truck to life.

“Who’s Jing-Jing?” Yixing mouthed to his now fuming wife. On cue, a white poodle marched its way out of the house, growling at Deu Li. “We’re not on good terms.” She remarked sarcastically as she glared back. “Oh, baby.” He laughed as he dragged her to sit on his lap, and they were one step closer to their much awaited – her much needed – getaway.

 

_________

 

Perhaps, the newlywed couple still had a few more roadblocks ahead.

“I had the right of way! Yellow means slow down not speed up!” Seung Ho was currently in a dispute with an arrogant looking cab driver who seemed to have no intentions of backing down.  “Well, you had three seconds till the green light! You should’ve waited your turn, brat!”

“Who are you calling a brat?!”

Deu Li buried her face in the contours of Yixing's broad shoulders. “We’re going to miss our plane, aren’t we? We’re going to be stuck here, aren’t we? I should’ve died in this crash.” She cried a little too dramatically. “No we’re not.” He assured as he smoothed out her hair. But truth be told, the two hot headed drivers weren’t going to reach a settlement anytime soon. If they continued to stay in and watch for a little more over than ten minutes then they will be stuck in the morning rush. “Tell you what, we’ll hail a cab. So, you can be at peace.” She stuck a tongue out at Jing-Jing before following him out.

“That sounds like a plan.”

They’re finally back on track.
 

_________

 

Or, maybe still a bit lagging. “Define, delayed.” This time, it was her husband talking things over with the woman behind the counter. “I’m sorry, Mr. Zhang. But, the plane scheduled for Flight 217 for Bora Bora…”

“Yes, our flight. Can you get to the point?” She stepped in, quite agitated already. “…just left Taiwan. So, your flight has been delayed for four hours, Ms. Ba.”

“It’s Mrs. Zhang!” Deu Li corrected a tad bit too furiously. Yixing gently pulled her to the side before slightly bowing to the clueless lady at the counter.

Their trip was arranged a month prior to their wedding. And at the time, everything was fixed under her now maiden name ‘Ba’. How was the attendant supposed to know that they were going to celebrate their first night as a couple? But of course, a disarrayed Zhang Deu Li wouldn’t have been able to take that into consideration.

“Mrs. Zhang?” He cooed, holding her shoulders as he bent down to her level. She sighed, looking away. All he said was ‘Mrs. Zhang’, and she had already felt guilty for being her. “I know. I know. Let it go.” She mimicked before looking around the airport wing they were at – anywhere but at him.

“At least, we didn’t miss our plane. Hmm?” He tilted her chin to look into her eyes. “Hm.” She mumbled in agreement, but she couldn’t stop the smile that was forming on her face – not when he was being all cute. “Remember your promise?”

“I remember. I’m sorry, hubby. Please don’t leave me.” She pouted as she wound her arms around his waist tightly; her last words muffled by his dress shirt. “Not for the world.”


_________

 

Deu Li couldn’t contain her excitement as she stared out the window. “We’re actually here!” She squeaked as she glanced at Yixing who had a soft loving gaze in his eyes before turning back to the beauty beneath them. “Yixing, look! It’s so beautiful!”

“You’re beautiful.”

“Huh?”

He cleared his throat before throwing her a grin. “What is it, baby?”

“It’s Bora Bora! Look at that white sand and oh, oh those floating…things. Whatever those are they look divine. Can you believe it? We actually made it.”

“Technically, not yet. I believe we’re just ‘almost there’.”

“Whatever happened to letting go, Mr. Perfectionist. Totally ruining my vibe.” She stuck a tongue out at him but pecked his nose before turning back to the view. “But, thanks, hubby. I love it already. You’re the best.”

It’s moments like this when he finds himself falling for this girl more and more. Yes, she’s this sophisticated woman who’s a little too high maintenance. But, she’s also this girl who appreciated and saw the good in everything; and she’s all his.

The Zhangs followed Alex, the bellboy assigned to them, to their rooms. After dropping their luggage, they were left to their solace. Neither could move a muscle, struck and completely paralyzed by what seemed to have taken the shape of a dream.

Their eyes feasted on the chocolate brown and cream colored blocking of the walls, the luxurious touches in the living room given off by the carpet embroidered with royal patterns, the diamond chandelier hanging eight feet above their heads, the enormous painting of a beautiful sunset that seemed to capture the one outside.

They walked to the bedroom, and it was just as grand. The only thing that made it a little more breathtaking was the glass doors unveiled by the curtains to a patio that lead them nearer to the crystal blue waters.

“It’s perfect.” Deu Li sighed dreamily as she tackled her husband. Yixing grinned cheekily. “Woah, slow down there tiger. We shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter