YUNJAE

PHOTOS HAVE SECRETS

 

Jaejoong sat on the big couch in his living room. He was tired because he did housework and shopping that day. Tomorrow would be a very special day for him, so he was very excited.

 

One year ago, he married the love of his life; Jung Yunho. Jaejoong smiled when he remembered his loving husband.

 

Yunho was very special for him. They were childhood friends and Yunho always treated Jaejoong like he was the most important person in the world. At first Jaejoong thought Yunho as a kind friend, but after awhile he found out Yunho wanted more.

 

While his loving husband went on a business trip in Busan that night, Jaejoong decided to look at the old photo albums he loved most.

 

He was grinning stupidly when he heard a sudden voice.

 

“Hi, hyung! What are you doing?” asked Changmin, walking to the shocked man casually.

 

“Minnie!!! You scared me. How did you get in?” asked Jaejoong to the man who sat beside him.

 

“I rang the door bell but nobody opened it, so I used my key.” Changmin grinned while shaking a key.

 

“I forgot your emergency key, but you use it only when you are hungry.” said Jaejoong knowingly.

 

“You know me well hyung!” said Changmin happily. “Did you cook anything for tomorrow?”

 

“Jung Changmin! You can’t eat any of them. Do you know how much time I spend for them?” asked Jaejoong angrily. He knew if Changmin started to eat something, there would be nothing left. It was really dangerous.

 

“Ok, ok. I am not hungry for now. Maybe later...” said Changmin casually.

 

“What?” asked Jaejoong, looking unbelievingly.

 

“What are you looking at?” asked Changmin, trying to change the subject.

 

“Ah, this is our old photo album. Tomorrow will be our first anniversary with Yunnie, but you know I also love our old friendship.” said Jaejoong happily.

 

“How can I forget it? Both of you made me suffer a lot.” said Changmin with a sigh.

 

“What do you mean?” asked Jaejoong confusedly.

 

“Ohh... Nothing. Never mind.” said Changmin quickly.

 

Changmin looked at the album and pointed at one photo. “Both of you look so young.”

 

 

“Because we were young.” said Jaejoong with a smile. “I think we were 15 or something. It was taken when we were in the first semester of middle school.”

 

“You look better in this photo.” said Changmin, pointing another photo.

 

 

“Do you really think so?” said Jaejoong with a smile.

 

“Of course! You are always more beautiful than a girl, hyung!” said Changmin cheerfully.

 

“Yah!!! I am a man! I am not beautiful! I’m handsome!” said Jaejoong angrily.

 

“Hyuuung! Look at this and tell me you don’t look like a girl!” said Changmin teasingly.

 

 

“I... I... I was just wondering how my hair would look like when it grew longer. Was it wrong?” asked Jaejoong helplessly.

 

“Hyung, you even wore a pink t-shirt.” said Changmin, trying to be proved himself right.

 

“Is there a rule that men can’t wear pink? Beside, I love pink. It suits me well.” said Jaejoong confidently.

 

“Ok. Ok. I understand.” said Changmin knowingly. He didn’t want to get angry his precious cook... OMG... sorry... He meant "HYUNG"!

 

“What are these photos? Did you try to take a selfie?” asked Changmin amusingly.

 

 

Jaejoong looked at the photos that Changmin mentioned. He frowned a little.

 

“We didn’t have a smartphone at that time as you know.” said Jaejoong. “I think it was taken by Yunho’s first camera that your dad gave him.”

 

 

“So as soon as you had a camera, you started to be mushy.” said Changmin with a smirk.

 

“Hey! We weren’t mushy. We were just best friends then. We were young and excited, so we took a few photos.” said Jaejoong, trying to be innocent.

 

“A few? A few? Hyung, although my father was rich, he would go bankrupt because of Yunho hyung’s photos at that time. He invested lots of money to the photos. Why do you think Yunho hyung got the first model of the first smartphone? It was all because my father didn’t want to open a gallery with your photos.” said Changmin unbelievingly.

 

“This was taken with his first smartphone.” said Jaejoong, pretending not hearing his blabbering dongsaeng.

 

 

“Both of you look really cool here.” said Changmin with a smile.

 

“Yeah! This was when we were in high school. Your dad gave Yunho his first smartphone. We tried to look tough!” said Jaejoong amusingly.

 

He loved every old day he lived with Yunho. They grew up together with lots of memories. Luckily most of the memories were good but even the bad ones were not so bad for them because they were always each other's side whatever happened.

 

When Jaejoong turned the page, Changmin looked at the photos and smiled.

 

“I love these photos.”

 

   

 

“You love them because you are in them. I still can’t believe you were in the same class with us.” said Jaejoong with a sigh.

 

“It wasn't my fault. You know I am a genius.” said Changmin proudly while shaking his shoulder.

 

“Ok, I know. You don’t have to say this every time. I feel stupid.” said Jaejoong with an annoyed voice.

 

 

“In fact, I was really happy to be in the same class with you, Yunho hyung, Yuchun hyung and Junsu hyung. Those were my happiest years.” said Changmin seriously.

 

“Mine too,” said Jaejoong understandingly. “Look! This was from Yuchun’s birthday party. We had a lot of fun that day.”

 

 

“Do you know it was the first time when I tried alcohol secretly?” asked Changmin with a smirk.

 

Nobody knew it but that night he drank half of a beer secretly. He didn’t really like the taste of the beer, but he felt like he was an adult that time so he was proud of himself. After he chewed a mint gum, neither his hyungs nor his parents understood it. But that night, he fell a sleep in a jet velocity the first time in his life.

 

“Really? I didn’t know that.” said Jaejoong while rising one of his eyebrows.

 

Changmin sensed he could be in trouble with Jaejoong’s nagging soon, so he decided to change the subject.

 

“AAhh... Do you remember this, hyung?” asked Changmin with a fake smile.

 

 

“How can I forget? It was our first band when we were in middle school: 'Four Seasons'. We worked a lot to form the band, but Heechul had to go to overseas because of his father’s work and Kangin had to go to another school because his family moved to the other side of the city. So we couldn’t continue it. I really wanted to have a band that time.” said Jaejoong sadly.

 

“I remember that. You know because of that, Yunho hyung formed a band with us just for you in high school.” said Changmin while pointing another photo.

 

 

“I know! We were all very excited about that!” said Jaejoong with sparkling eyes.

 

“In fact, Yunho hyung forced us to join it.” said Changmin with a half smile.

 

“What do you mean? You were all excited about the band. We all loved music. I don’t think Yunho needs to force you for anything.”

 

“Ok, ok. Your Yunho is always perfect and doesn’t do anything bad.” said Changmin mockingly while rolling his eyes.

 

“Yes, he is. Do you want to argue?” asked Jaejoong threateningly.

 

“No! Certainly not!” said Changmin while holding up his hands protectively.

 

Jaejoong looked again at the same photo with a satisfied smile. “I really loved the band. We also made really good songs.”

 

“Yes. Our music was good but our image was.... Look at our hairs. Whose idea was that?” said Changmin with a sour face.

 

“I don’t want to talk about it.” said Jaejoong avoidably.

 

“Ok. Sooo... Do you want to talk about this?” asked Changmin with a knowing look on his face.

 

 

Jaejoong smiled brightly as soon as he looked at the photo.

 

“Ha ha ha... Wasn’t this from the charity event that we joined for Junsu’s project? It was really amusing!”

 

 

“For me, it was really humiliating! In fact, if Yunho hyung didn’t threaten me with my collection, I would never attend something like that.” said Changmin with a sigh.

 

“Admit it! It was fun.”

 

“Yes. To dress up like animals and walk around the whole school was very fun. I didn’t go to school for a week because of that!” said Changmin frustratedly.

 

“But I had a lot of fun .” said Jaejoong slowly with a loving smile.

 

He missed those days. They were young, carefree, excited and brave. Maybe they were not brave for everything but they were still brave enough to support each other to live happily.

 

“When was this? I don’t remember it.” asked Changmin with a frown.

 

 

 Jeajoong looked at the photo that Changmin pointed.

 

“Oh, don’t you remember? It was taken when the basketball team that you and Yunho was in, won the biggest championship in our country. I, Yuchun and Junsu went to the airport to welcome you.”

 

“That’s right. I remember now, but why am I not in the photo?”

 

“I don’t know. Ask Yuchun. He took the photo.”

 

“As expected from the president of the YunJae Club.” said Changmin while rolling his eyes.

 

They were all friends since the first day of middle school. Although Changmin was younger than them for two years, he loved to be in the same group with them. 

 

 

In their group, Jaejoong was the pretty boy who should be protected from his crazy fans. Yunho was the manly one who always protected his friends whatever happened, but Jaejoong was always the first one in his life. Their bond became inseparable as soon as they met in the first day of the middle school. Because of that, they were called YunJae in their whole school life.

 

Yuchun was the playboy of the group. Although he dated lots of girls, he never abandoned his friends. He also formed the popular YunJae Club and became the president during their whole school life because he and Jaejoong were soulmates. He knew Jaejoong very well. Although the pretty boy always treated Yunho like his best friend, Yuchun knew they would be together in the end.  

 

Junsu was the mood maker of the group. He was like an energizer bunny because he never got tired. He was always lively and talkative. He was also the captain of their school football team.

 

Changmin was the maknae but his hyungs didn’t feel like that because he loved to bully them, especially Junsu. But they all loved Changmin a lot so they didn’t mind anything.

 

They were all like brothers who couldn’t be separated. It was still like that after all those years.

 

“Hyung, do you remember this?”

 

 

“Of course, it was when your father gave us a free trip to Paris because of your championship. It was my first overseas trip and I was very excited.” said Jaejoong with sparkling eyes.

 

 

“Yeah. I had to take your pictures during the whole trip.” said Changmin with a sigh.

 

“But you wanted it.” said Jaejoong with a shrug.

 

“I?... I?... I wanted it?” asked Changmin disbelievingly, while pointing at himself. “You threatened me by your cooking and Yunho hyung threatened me by... Never mind. It's not important now, but both of you made me your personal photographer in Paris. I couldn’t take any pictures apart from yours. Do you know if you look at the photos that I took quickly, you can also see a “YunJae Love Story in Paris” video?”

 

“Don’t be like this. We also have good photos that were taken together.”

 

 

“Yeah. I can count them with my fingers.” said Changmin annoyingly. “I love taking photos but after that trip, I didn’t take my camera in my hand for a long time.”

 

 

“Yunho also loved to take photos when we were young but after a few years, he gave up. Now he only takes photos of nature if he wants.” said Jaejoong confusedly.

 

Changmin knew the reason behind that but he didn’t want to say it that time.

 

“Why is this photo so fancy?” asked Changmin teasingly.

 

 

“Because this is very special to me.” said Jaejoong with a sweet voice. “It was our prom party that Yunho told me his feelings and wanted me to be his boyfriend. It was the happiest day of my life.”

 

“I know. We were really happy for you too. In fact, I lost a lot of money to Yuchun hyung that night. We had a bet that if Yunho hyung could tell you his feelings or not. I didn’t think he would have the courage because at home, he was trembling like a leaf so I said he couldn’t. I didn’t know how but Yuchun hyung was so sure he would say it. He wasn’t for nothing became the president of YunJae Club.” said Changmin surely.

 

“I know. He’s my soulmate. He understands me very well even though I know nothing about my feelings at that time.”

 

Changmin nodded his head slowly. He wouldn’t say his precious hyung that Yuchun hyung was using his power of empathy also in his Casanova world.

 

 

 

“These were also from the trip that we went after the prom.” said Jaejoong with a smile.

 

It was their first trip as adults. They went to Jeju Island for a week and stayed in Yunho and Changmin’s father’s hotel.

 

Jeju Island was a dream place for Jaejoong because it was his mother’s hometown. She always talked about Jeju and its natural beauty when he was a child. He wanted to go there a lot, but they never had enough money for the trip. So when Yunho asked him where he wanted to go after the prom, he said Jeju.

 

At first Yunho planned a romantic trip only for both of them, because they were a fresh couple but when Changmin found out that, the trip became a “Goodbye Highschool Trip” with the attend of others. At last, Yunho gave up and they all enjoyed the relaxing and happy trip.

 

When Jaejoong was still thinking the old good memories, Changmin noticed something else.

 

“What is this hyung?”

 

“Don’t open it!”

 

 

************************************************************************************************

Hi, everybody! I came with a little different fic! :)

It will not be a real story but there will be lots of photos in this fic.

This will be a short but colourful fic!

Enjoy the story! :)