Not an Epilogue neither a Prelude

Her Side of the Story

Chapter 1 : Not an Epilogue neither a Prelude

 

She was the b*tch. The spoiled brat who thinks she could get everything she wants in expense to someone else’s happiness. She thought she owned the world. Heck, she thought she could own everything she set her eyes with. But the table was turned, and all she was left with was her small space on the second row of desks beside the window. No friends and now, more enemy.

She will look up once in a while to roll her eyes at the noisy people who will in turn smirk at her and gossip about her and about everything bad about her. That was the routine she had to live ever now and then. Well, that’s all her fault. 

“Huh. Pathetic as always.”
“No wonder Jinhwan chose Suhyun.”
“Arrogant b*tch.”

And that will go on and on until the last class would finish. But she didn’t care. She couldn’t care more when all she ever cared was how to get revenge to Suhyun, how to humiliate Suhyun, to make Suhyun lose her face and to get Jinhwan away from Suhyun -simple, cliché reason to make herself the center of disdain around campus. But the bottom line was she doesn’t know how to love, and accept defeat because she was the antagonist of Suhyun’s story; the mean girl, the and every foul name everyone could plaster to her reputation when her name is as beautiful as the flower she was named after. 

Her steps were as heavy as her fuming frustration. Everyone doesn’t keep their mouth from babbling about that incident that sealed her defeat. The sound of her heels while walking in the locker hallway was as angry as she was. 

At the end of the hallway, she saw Jinhwan talking to Suhyun. Ego bruised and frustration burning, she turned her heel and walked the other way. She just wanted to go home, away from this hell of a school. She was too preoccupied, clutching tightly the books she was hugging in her chest when she bumped into a guy.

The guy glared at her. “Hey, you should apologize.”

Ice princess just stood there, scoffed before she turned to the guy, glared before she rolled her eyes and walk away not caring to look back at someone that will just waste her time into arguing.

Seeing her chauffer waiting at the gate, she immediately order for her to be taken home which she took back and asked to be taken to the mall instead. Upon arriving to the mall, she told her chauffer to just pick her up at 9p.m saying she’s going with a friend knowing that the chauffer will not let her go if she was alone. 

“I’ll meet a friend. Tell mom that I’ll be home by 9.” She said, feeling disgust upon speaking the word ‘friend’. 

Every now and then, she would go to the mall, or the park, or somewhere where no one recognize her and spat words in her face that would make her pull their hairs out. Everyone knows how utterly rich her family is, that’s why no one ever dared bully her physically only verbally and also the reason why she had done everything to be that only person to intervene Suhyun and Jinhwan’s relationship. 
Being the second child of the family and the only girl, she was pampered with luxury and everything she asked for was always granted immediately that’s why she’s stubborn and think high of herself. But she doesn’t know how to like a guy. She thought that she wasn’t the girl a guy would reject because of her wealth and her looks. But she learned it from Jinhwan.

The whole drama happened a year ago but even if she doesn’t now talk much, she still sometimes look at Jinhwan or Suhyun’s eyes before passing each other on the hallways. It happened a year ago but she still doesn’t give up.

“Can I get size 8 of that one?” She pointed at the black leather shoe that was displayed on the front rack of the shoe store. The employee immediately tended to her request as she looked around the store. 

The employee got back a minute after giving her the box of her requested shoe. She contemplates a little, returned the shoes in the box and pointed at the brown leather shoe two rack above them. The employee ran on her errand again as she sat on the couch looking at the shoes again. Then her phone rang.

She paused before she decided to answer the phone. “What?”

“That’s not a girl’s shoe.”

She looked around the place until she stopped looking at her left and found him leaning his right shoulders at the pillar, looking at her lazily with his phone still in his ear. She looked away and hung up. 

Hanbin walked up and seated beside her as the employee handed her the second pair of shoes she requested. “What do you want?” she asked as she decides which shoes to buy. 

“So I can say that you’ll be going at the party?” he asked looking at the rack of male shoes in front of them. “You still are going to push yourself.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Finally choosing the first shoe she ushered for the employee and gave her credit card. Then she turned to give Hanbin her ‘what do you care’ look.

Hanbin stood, slipping his hands inside his pockets. She thought he would be giving her another dose of you’re getting obsessive and crap but instead he said, “Come on, let’s have a walk.”

 


here you go

my brain is such a mess this days.

hoho.

 

- ieunjae