Chanyeol: Smile

EXO Imagines

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock

 

The clock ticks as (Y/N) reads her book. She doesn't have to do much actually. She's in the state of grief, reminiscing the death of her beloved parents. 

 

She sighed. There's nothing she can do. How she wished that she can turn back time. Apologizing and thanking them before they go to a better place. Not remembering the last time she smiled. She went to the kitchen; deciding on what food she can eat. 

 

Yogurt. 

 

She reached to hold the chosen food she saw and flopped down her couch. There's nothing I can do but watch K-Dramas and movies. She the T.V and watched. Until, her doorbell rang. Must be the mailman. Striding to her door, opening it. She was surprised that she didn't see the mailman. Her best friend was standing there, grinning happily. 

 

"Hi (Y/N)! Mind if I come in?" He asked cheerfully, in fact, too cheerfully. (Y/N) stepped aside to let him go inside, him flopping down the couch. "What are you doing here?" (Y/N) interrogated out of curiosity. She sat down beside him and continued to watch the show. "Just thought that I could visit my best friend. Is that a problem?" Her eyes widened in surprise. "O-Oh! No I don't mean it like that! I was just curious and... and..." She stopped when she heard a low chuckle. 

 

"I was just kidding, jeez (Y/N). Why are you so dense? Is it because you like me?" (Y/N) blushed. "I know I'm handsome," Chanyeol added. "Too cocky, are we?" (Y/N) replied and rolled her eyes, "You like it though," He said. She playfully slapped his arm. "Whatever," she blushed and looked away. Hoping that he didn't see her red face. 

 

She couldn't deny though. She was in fact in love with her overly-attractive best friend. She realized th a her feelings for him grew as time passes. She wouldn't want to ruin this amazing friendship so she decided not to confess. Here she is, being stuck as a best friend. Nothing less, nothing more. 

 

Chanyeol was the one who will always make her smile sincerely. But right now, she feels like she's stuck between a rock and a hard place. Her life is more complicated now. I'm so lost. It might sound overly-dramatic but that's what she feels like right now. She noticed her tears gushing down her face like the river. The salty flavor of it tingling in .

 

Soon, Chanyeol noticed. She quickly wiped her tears and gained her composure. "(Y/N). You alright?" He asked. Of course not. "Yeah. I am." Lies. She faked a smile. Chanyeol couldn't help but notice the emptiness in her eyes while she smiled. The familiar sparkle not present. He hugged (Y/N), whispering sweet nothings. Comforting her. 

 

"It's okay to not be okay, (Y/N). Remember that. Let it all out. I'm here," he reassured. Her tears started flowing as she hugged him tightly, gripping at the back of his shirt. "I don't feel alright, Chanyeol. I feel like everything's falling apart. I'm so lost." How it hurts him seeing his best friend like this, especially when you fell in love with her. 

 

"I'll guide you there, (Y/N)," he whispered on her ear. "My life is full of bad things, why is everything like this?" She sobbed louder, "That's what bad things are for, right? So you can enjoy the good things." I promised to protect you. She looked at him with teary eyes. I promised to love you, to care for you. "I don't feel special anymore, I feel like no one cared about me anymore." He looked at her and smiled sweetly. 

 

"I care for you," he said, kissing her forehead. "I always do," he kissed her nose. "In fact, I like you very much," he cupped her cheeks and kissed hDr right closed eye. "No, wait, I love you," then kissed the left "And I want you to feel very special," he kissed her right cheek, "Because," then kissed her left. "You really are," lastly, her soft lips.

 

I promised to make you feel special.