Four- Rude Beginnings

XX and I

I lay in bed as I thought about today. Taehyung, that mysterious boy. He never really talked about anything and he seemed like the silent type. The type with a lot of hurt. He's going to need a great panacea...

My mind then wandered to the weird man. Monthly sacrifice? The way he said that didn't seem too good. Money perhaps? That seemed like the most logical answer. I shook everything off my mind. I needed sleep for tomorrow. 

Something kept bothering me. I crept over to Taehyung's room and slightly opened the door. I walked over to him and observer. He slept like a perfectionist. Nothing was askew or unruly. He slept poker faced. 

All the Korean drama watching came into play. I put my hand over his forehead. I wanted to make sure he wasn't sick, from the way he acted earlier. No fever. I brushed his hair with my hands, they were very soft. 

Fatigue suddenly seized me right then and there. I'll just put my head down on the edge of the bed for now. Sleep came over me. 

I awoke to the sound of the faucet running. I got up. My eyes shot open. Oh my gosh, I couldn't believe that I fell asleep in Taehyung's room! I quietly got up and tried to make a run for it. 

"Hey, you. Did you have a good night?" Taehyung smirked. 

"Ah-um... Good morning! Sorry for yesterday. I really am. I just wanted to check if you were sick, but then I-uh... Fell asleep..." I was so screwed. 

"Oh, really? That was awfully kind of you. But you know, you shouldn't have." Taehyung walked towards me. Real close."Thank you." He smiled, surprising me. A real, genuine smile. Meant for me...

His face was close to mine and I thought he was going to kiss me, but he just blew into my ear and pulled away. What was that? Flirting?

"I'll um, see you at breakfast. Bye!" I quickly walked back to my room." 

I closed my door behind me and tried to catch my breath. I can't keep showing my weak side to Taehyung. No, I cannot. If the "stalker" is roaming around trying to harm him, I needed to be there for him. After all, was I the only one who knew about all this? What about Mom?

I checked the clock. Shoot, I was running late. I quickly grabbed my things and headed out the door. No time for breakfast. 

Taehyung was already at the door."We're going to be late." He gestured for me to lead the way. 

This was going to be a long school day.