Illusions

Dreamer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kari's POV 

in Kari's dream

Light. Light everywhere. Right infront of me there was a bridge that was extremely similar to the one in town where I got the note and rose from V. On the bridge was a very recognisable silhouette waiting for me.  I stood in place, not moving an inch closer to him.

"Are you scared?" He called out in his deep voice that echoed through the sky.

"What do you expect me to be?!" I shouted in a trembling voice. "Should I be casual about this? If that's what you think your crazy!" 

There was a long pause between the two of us. I had never shouted at V in my dreams before, but I didn't feel the slightest tinge of guilt. 

"Didn't you yourself want me to be real?" He asked in a quiet voice. He had a point, but I never thought that he would go this far to prove it. My emotions were mixed; anger, fright and confusion combined in one body. By that time I didn't know what to think or do.

"I know how you feel right now," He started. "And I know that you have a lot of things to process in your mind, but don't be afraid. A dream won't cause any harm upon you." 

I started walking towards him slowly. "What do you want from me? Why do you appear in my dreams?" I stopped right infront of his gleaming figure, bringing my hand up to touch his face. "What even are you?" He started slowly fading away the minute I touched him.

end of dream

 

My eyes flew open and I gasped for breath. It felt like I hadnt been breathing while asleep. I found myself laying on the ground with a rose in my hands. I tried sitting up but my body was aching from the uncomfortable position I had been sleeping in. I closely examined the rose which I had in my hand. I looked up to the vase which I had put the rose in previously. The rose from there was gone. I must be holding the one that I had put in there previously. I heard a buzzing coming from my bag and took the phone out of it. My friend Bethany was calling me. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey ! You wanna come clubbing tonight?" classic Bethany, always clubbing and partying. 

"You know I can't. I have to study hard this weekend so I'm prepared for the huge test coming up." I stood up from the ground, squinting my eyes due to the pain I felt in the back of my neck. 

"You say that every weekend!" She whined over the line. "You need to relax sometimes and just come to this one club." 

"Oh I don't know..." I placed the rose back into the vase. 

"PLEEEEAAAASSSEEE?" Bethany begged. I was considering going, but I knew that it wouldn't be the right thing to do. I looked over to my desk which had piles of books waiting for me to sleep on them. Then I looked out of my living room window which overlooked the whole city. The sun was just rising from the ground, giving the sky a beautiful pink and orange mixture of colours. I need to have some fun once in a while, I thought. 

"Fine."

"YAAAAAAAAY!!!" She shouted loud enough for me to distance the phone from my ear. I laughed at her excitement. "I'll be at your house ready for you at 10 tonight. We're gonna have so much fun, and we'll meet guys and - " 

"Yeah, mmhm,  bye now." And I ended the call. She can blabber on for so long, and I don't have much credit left on my phone. I threw my phone on the small sofa and looked over to the locked drawer. I unlocked it with the small key that was next to the pile of books and found a small note inside. I read it and a sudden wave of realization overcame me. 

What happened last night was real. The rose and the note, they were still physically here In my apartment. I now remembered that i passed out on the floor from shock and thats why i was lying there in the first place. Nervousness started building up in my stomach. I wanted to call out if V was here, but I wasn't sure if I was prepared for a response. I decided that I should.

"V? Are you here right now?" I called out. Suddenly, a small chill went down my spine and around my legs, and the scent of roses filled up the room in an instance. I took a deep breath, my lips slightly parting. I felt hands wrap around me from the back, and something breathing on my neck. I stood stiffly, not knowing what to do. I looked down but there were no hands there. I turned around but no one was there. 

"I'm going crazy..." I whispered to myself. I rushed over to the bathroom and splashed my face with ice cold water, hoping that I was imagining things. "Get a grip of yourself Kari. Your hallucinating." I kept telling mys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter