Chapter 4

April Showers Bring May Flowers

(For better affect open two youtube tabs with the music below)

Chapter 4

The sun shone through the tiny windows in Choon-hee’s room. ‘Who is Jin-Joo?’ Choon-hee thought as soon as she woke up. She laid in her bed for a couple minutes before a knock at her door startled her.

“Hello? Choon-hee?”Hanuel’s voice was ringed through the silence.

“Ah, yes?” Choon-hee replied loudly. It sounded as if she were screaming in the quiet peaceful house.

Hanuel opened the door and poked his head in, “Get dressed and come down for breakfast.”

Choon-hee nodded and stood up to walk to her closet. Hanuel quietly shut her door but stood behind it with his hand still holding onto the door knob.

‘How can she wake up looking so peaceful and beautiful?’ He tilted his head asking himself.

“Yah Yah YAH! Hanuel!” a loud voice came yelling from downstairs, “What are you doing!”

Hanuel spun around startled. “Oh that’s how it feels like…” he said to himself while gasping for air.

“What are you doing here Haeng?” Hanuel smiled walking down the stairs.

“Well” Haeng threw himself onto Hanuel, “Hal-abeoji said I could come over for breakfast! Also because my mom you know... is horrible at cooking.”

Hanuel laughed and they both walked into the kitchen.

“Hey hal-abeoji!” Haeng yelled

“Yah… shut up!” Hal-abeoji jokingly snapped at Haneg.

“Yes yess” Hang pouted

Hal-abeoji set the table, and they all sat down ready to eat. He looked around noticing Choon-hee was missing.

“Hanuel, where is Choon-hee” he asked Hanuel

Haeng looked the Hanuel and hal-abeoji confused.

“Who is Choon-hee?” Haeng asked and they stared at him, “OH OH Your girlfriend Hanuel?!!”

“No! OH MY GOSH WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!” Hanuel smacked Haeng.

“Ok ok gosh not your girlfriend” Haeng pouted rubbing his arm.

“Where is she?” Hal-abeoji asked Hanuel again more sternly.

(play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf4BhmmEzgI )

“Upst-“ he was cut off.

It was silent upstairs.

“Hanuel…” Hal-abeoji asked once more, “Where. Is. Choon-hee.”

“S-she was u-upstairs...” Hanuel stuttered while slowly standing up.

Hal-abeoji looked at him with a serious face. “GO!” Hal-abeoji yelled. Haeng jumped in his chair startled by him yelling.

Hanuel ran as fast as lightning out of the kitchen, up the stairs to Choon-hee’s room.

“Haeng” Hal-abeoji grabbed his shoulders, “I want you to go outside and go around back to see if anyone is there… make sure no one sees you... but if someone is to see you… I didn’t teach you how to fight for nothing son.”

Haeng nodded and ran outside the house.

Hal-abeoji looked to the ceiling, ‘Oh heavens above it’s only been a day, and they are coming after her… please help us… it’s not her fault.’

“She… She isn’t there… she was before! H-her window is open…” Hanuel told Hal-abeoji breathless.

Hal-abeoji banged the table. Then Haeng came running back in breathless.

“There… is someone in the back… he is just standing there…” Haeng whispered confused.

Hanuel and Hal-abeoji nodded. Hal-abeoji stood up and all three of them walked to the back of the house. Standing in the middle of the hilly backyard was a tall dark man dressed in all black. Behind the man were three other men dressed in black holding Choon-hee, who was struggling to get free.

“What do you want Min-Jun” Hal-abeoji asked sternly.

Min-Jun turned around and chuckled.

“How did you know it was me Hyun-Ki? (Hal-abeoji)”

Hanuel’s hand balled up into a fist.

Min-Jun laughed quietly when he noticed Hanuel balling up his hands in anger. “Now because my dad is feeling a little under the weather, I’m just here to send a message. My father wants you all to know that the mistakes that were sadly made last time won’t be made again. This time…” Min-Jun walked over to Choon-hee then caressed her chin. Choon-hee snapped her head away, “this time we’ll do it right.”

“Let her go Min-Jun! She didn’t do anything wrong.” Hyun-ki yelled.

“Oh… she did everything wrong...” Min-Jun stared at Hanuel, and Hanuel stepped forward about to attack Min-Jun, but Haeng stopped him.

(play music if stopped)

“Come on Min-jun… let her go.” Hyun-Ki tried to convince Min-jun once more.

Min-jun stood still without moving, eyes locked on Hanuel. Hanuel stood breathlessly still, eyes locked on Min-Jun. After a long while Min-Jun nodded his head to the three men behind him, and they released Choon-hee. Choon-hee ran towards Hyun-Ki, Hanuel, and Haeng.

“We’ll be back… I’ll… be back.” Min-Jun assured them and just like that they disappeared.

(PAUSE)

Hyun-ki quickly turned around and fixed his gaze on Choon-hee.

“Are you ok dear?” he asked giving her a big hug.

Choon-hee began crying but nodded her head.

“I… I remember him… I think…” Choon-hee whispered

Hyun-ki released her from the hug and looked at Hanuel. They both nodded then walked into the house.

--Inside house, In Choon-hee’s room—

“Okkaaaaaaay guys, I always thought Hal-abeoji teaching me how to fight was weird, but now this is just extremely weird. HANUEL! EXPLAIN HOW THEY JUST DISAPPEARED LIKE THAT!! MY GOSH, THAT WAS AWESOME!” Haeng yelled excitedly.

“That was everything but awesome Haeng. Sit down and listen.” Hal-abeoji pulled the chair from the desk for Haeng.

Hal-abeoji sat down on the bed next to Choon-hee, and he held her hand.

“That man… that was Kang Min-Jun… Kang Minho’s son.”

“Kang Min-Jun? Kang Minho?” Choon-hee and Haeng looked at Hal-abeoji confused

“Kang Minho is the biggest grim reaper of this realm… Kang Min-Jun the second best under Minho.”explained Hal-abeoji.


“Grim reapers?” Haeng asked surprised, “Ok first of all, I thought that was always make believe, but why were they after her? ” he asked nodding his head towards Choon-hee

Hal-abeoji sighed about to speak but was stopped by Choon-hee.

“I… I think I remember something.” Choon-hee squeezed Hal-abeoji’s hand.

“What is it?” Hanuel asked impatiently.

“Min-Jun… did I know him before? Like… maybe when I was younger? I remember two boys, and I was playing in a white and gold playground, and I remember one boy’s name was Min-Jun… I think it was him.” Choon-hee squinted as if it was hard for her to remember.

(play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aweRuNXEMzk )

“D-Do you remember the other boy!?” Hanuel stood up quickly

Haeng and Hal-abeoji startled looked up at him.

“H-his name… his name was…” Choon-hee put her hand to her head because she suddenly felt a sharp pain.

“Stop it Hanuel! It’s already good enough she gained some memory.” Hal-abeoji stopod up, ”Let’s just steer clear of Min-Jun from now on ok Choon-hee” Hal-abeoji smiled and patted her head, “Come on let go and give her some rest. Hanuel lock the windows this time please.”

Hanuel walked over to the window to lock them, which caused the sun to shine over him. Choon-hee looked at Hanuel’s back in the sunlight and as if in the past again she saw a young boy’s figure.

‘Hanuel!’ a young girl’s voice happily yelled and the boy turned around.

Hanuel locked the last window and just before Hanuel walked out with Haeng and Hal-abeoji behind him. Choon-hee turned her head.

“HANUEL!” Choo-hee yelled and Hanuel turned around quickly.

“I-it was Hanuel…” and just then Choon-hee and Hanuel made eye contact with each other for the first time since she arrived.

(END) (PAUSE MUSIC)