Chapter 2

April Showers Bring May Flowers

(For more affect open 2 youtube tabs and copy the music links below and play and pause when told :D)

 

Chapter 2

“Gooooood morning Auntyyyyy!” Choon-Hee yelled giving her aunt a hug.

“Good morning”, Sunmi attempting to force a smile

Choon-Hee noticed her aunt was making soup and kimbap.

“Why are you packing lunch?” Choon-Hee smiled, “Are we going on a picnic??!” Choon-Hee slightly bounced happily with excitement.

“No” Choon-hee’s aunt smiled, “This is for a friend of mine who works at the government building… he has been sick for a while and I wanted to treat him to something good.”

Choon-hee nodded and grinned. She grabbed a slice of bread and went into her room to get ready for the day.

--30 minutes later—

(PLAY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FytlbiyKXeM )

Choon-hee’s aunt sighed and looked at Choon-hee’s room.

“Choon-hee?” her aunt called out,” I want you to take this food to Kang Seung-Joo, he works at the government building, ok?”

“Okay” Choon-hee grabbed the packed food and slipped on her black and white tennis shoes.

Sunmi walked over and handed Choon-Hee her white sweater,” Go and be quick ok?”

“Okay I will. Rest while I’m away ok? I’ll be quick!!” Choon-hee waved and walked out the door

“Bye honey!! Be careful when crossing the roads!!” Sunmi yelled back.

Choon-hee nodded her head and walked towards the government building. Sunmi looked the sky and let a tear slip out.

“Bye baby girl… Let’s meet again...”

(PAUSE)

--10 minutes later--

“Wooooooow!” Choon-hee looked up at the tall building “So this is the government building up close…”

Choon-hee walked inside the building and up to the front desk.

“Um… hi. I’m looking for Kang Seung-Joo?” Choon-hee told the beautiful front desk lady.

“Kang Seung-Joo?” The front desk lady looked up at her surprised. Choon-hee looked back confused but nodded her head.

“Y-your name please.” The front desk lady quickly looked down asking, even though she already knew her name.

“Ahn Choon-Hee, ma’am”

“Ah…. Yes please go down the hall and take the elevator to the 19th floor. From there make a left and his name should be on a big brown door.” The lady nervously told Choon-Hee without making eye contact.

“Thank you” Choon-hee smiled to the lady and nodded.

Choon-hee began her journey to Mr.Kang’s office. She followed the instructions thoroughly up to the tall brown door and knocked. No one replied.

“Hello?” Choon-hee asked “My name is Ahn Choon-hee… I’ve come to deliver some food for Kang Seung-Joo from Ahn Sun-Mi.”

“Ah yes. Come on in,” a man’s voice inside the room said loudly.

Choon-hee opened the door and walked inside the room. It was a dark room with two or three small windows.

“Please shut the door behind you Ms.Choon-hee”

“Ah yes.” Choon-hee closed the door quietly, “Where should I set the food?”

“Right there on the desk please would you.” The man quietly replied

Choon-hee cautiously set the food down and backed away.

“So your name is Ahn. Choon. Hee. You said?” The man stepped out of the corner.

“Yes sir” Choon-hee smiled

“Mhm… your mom is Ahn Sunmi?’

“Oh no! She is my aunt!” Choon-hee questionably replied.

The man nodded and turned around.

“You’re first time being inside the government building is it?”

“Yes sir it is. It’s bigger than I thought” Choon-hee giggled

“How would you like some of my workers to give you a little tour while you’re here? I’d like to return these plates to your aunt once I’m done.”

“Really!” Choon-hee smiled “That would be wonderful!”

The man clicked his phone and called in his assistant. His assistant walked in and showed her out of the office.

“We will begin with this floor” The lady smiled

Choon-hee obediently followed interested in everything.

After showing her the 19th and 18th floor the lady introduced Choon-hee to a strange large door labeled ‘employees only’.

(PLAY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF_sVaBtEdk )

“This will probably be the most memorable room to you Ms.Ahn” The lady looked at Choon-hee and smiled then opened the door.

Choon-hee looked at her confused, yet followed her inside the room. She didn’t understand what was so wonderful about the room.  It was a small dark room with only one small window with a dark blue chair smack in the middle. Choon-hee became so engulfed in the room and so confused. She did not realize the lady giving her a tour quietly leaving the room, until she heard the door abruptly shut tight. Choon-hee ran to the door and tried to open it, but it was locked tight.

“HEY HEY!! HELLO? LET ME OUT!! HEY!!! ANYONE THERE?!?!” Choon-hee banged the door loudly but no one answered. Choon-hee heard a shuffle to the left corner of the room and quickly turned.

“W-who… who’s there?” she meekly said getting as close the door as she could yet again there was no reply, “I-I said who’s there?!” she said a little louder

“Hello Ms.Ahn.Choon.Hee” a man whispered, “I’m glad you decided to give me a visit on your tour. The man walked out the corner and gave her a smirk.

“Who… are you?” she backed away,but she was already pressed against the door as she could possibly be.

“Me?” the mysterious man gave Chooon-hee a smug smile. “Why don’t you sit down first?” the man began circling the chair

“I… I want to stand.” She hesitantly replied with slight anxious tinge to her tone.

The man let out a laugh and snapped his fingers toward the dark. Two men stepped out and grabbed Choon-hee abruptly. She yelled and tried to get away from the two men, but the men forced her to sit into the chair. The man walked up in front of her and squatted down to her face.

“Now Choon-Hee, I want you to understand this.” The man explained.“You? You were a mere mistake to both realms. You should have never been born, and you should have never even been able to live up in this realm… it would have made my job so much easier.

“W-what?” Choon-hee stopped trying to get away.

The man smirked and stood up, “You see… around 18 years ago my father took your mother’s wings away because… well because something I don’t even want to speak about. You though, sadly, have to suffer her same fate now that you are old enough my dear. I’m very sorry to be the first one to tell you. Your aunt? She is just as much a part of this as me,” The man said as he caressed her chin.

Choon-hee sharply moved her face away from the man’s hand, “Get away from me!”

“Now now… I’ll tell you everything so please calm down and control your temper” the man walked around the chair in a circle “I’ll begin with this. Your mother committed the worst crime you could possibly commit around say 18 years ago and was banished to Earth, or how you know it the human world. You now will follow the same fate as your mother. Sad to see such a bright and beautiful girl like you go.”

Choon-hee starred at the man confused.

“You may seem confused now but you’ll receive your answers sooner or later” the man sighed “but if you’re that upset with leaving there is a way to return here, under one condition, and only under this condition.”

“How!” Choon-hee yelled at the man desperately

The man smiled and moved his face so close to her face to the point she could feel his breathing.

“You, my dear, need to find the book of ‘Good and Evil’ and read the spell about returning life when you of course are all alone and return it to us. Only then will you be able to return to your aunt and live a normal life.”

(Replay music if it stops)

“The book of ‘Good and Evil’?” Choon-hee looked up at the man

He nodded his head, “Of course there is one simple catch to this.”

“W-what?” Choon-Hee asked him

“You have two months’ time to find this book and if you don’t… well… let’s just say no one will be seeing much of you around here anymore.”

Chae-hoon looked terrified.

“Oh, I almost forgot. When you reach Earth you will forget everything about being an angel except the only thing you’ll remember is a certain urge to find the book of ‘Good and Evil.’” The man told Choon-hee.

“What?! How will I remember all of this then?” Choon-Hee yelled at him

“Ahem… now out of the goodness of my heart I’ll give you a photo of the book of ‘Good and Evil’, and I’ll give you a special gift. The gift of mind-reading.” The man smiled while putting a picture of the book into her sweater pocket.

“I would like to know what my mom did that was so evil before I go to Earth” Choon-hee told the man

The man gave her a smug look again while he moved to stand right in front of her before moving back into the dark.

“Now” the man whispered “I want you to think of something that makes you happy… that makes you feel… at ease” the man smirked and began circling the blue chair moving faster and faster.

And as if under a spell Choon-hee began thinking of walking in the park with her aunt looking at the spring cherry blossoms trees… then as if it was all taken away everything went dark.

(end of chapter 2) (pause music)