FIVE

One Little Mermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      Within an hour of Hae Ra being missing, chaos was all over the kingdom. King Anthony ordered for everyone to search every nook and cranny of the cove, and beyond that, looking for his youngest daughter. All of the seven sisters were in a panic. All except one, who's plan had succeeded. The king was devastated, for he had lost his youngest daughter, the only thing left of his treasured wife.

Meanwhile, three days later at Mr. Park and Mrs. Jung's house-well, actually, mansion, Hae Ra was still having a little trouble letting everything sink in. So many questions were running through her young mind, what is going on? Why can't I remember anything except for my name, age, and date of birth? Where did I come from, and why was I on the beach of all places?  Hae Ra jumped on her bed causing a slight jingle to be heard. She looked down to find a beautiful necklace, hanging around her neck, with a ten, seven, two, and one engraved on it. What's this? Hae Ra was pulled out out of her thoughts when a small knock was heard at the door, "Hae Ra baby, there's someone I'd like you to meet." It was Mrs. Jung.

Hae Ra sat up straight on her bed. First Mrs. Jung walked in and motioned for a small boy, probably around Hae Ra's age, or maybe a year older, walked in. He had large, owl like eyes, heart shaped lips, and looked rather... Squishy? "Hae Ra, this is Dyo Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, this is Hae Ra." Mrs. Jung introduced the two, "Kyungsoo is nine years old, one year older than you, so you'll have to call him oppa once the two of you get to know each other, arasso?"

Hae Ra showed the squishy owl boy a shy smile before giving a small bow, "Annyeonghaseyo Kyungsoo-sshi. I'm Hae Ra,"

Kyungsoo smiled at Hae Ra back, "Annyeonhaseyo Hae Ra. Let's drop the formalities, yeah? You can call me D.O Oppa."

"Okay D.O Oppa!" Hae Ra was much more lively now that she felt a bit more comfortable around D.O, "Can we be friends?"

D.O's smile grew even wider at the younger girl, "Of course Hae Ra," he ruffled her hair slightly, "let's go play a game,"

Hae Ra pouted slightly but upon hearing they were going to play a game, her eyes lit up in excitement. Then, off the two went to play a game of hide and seek. Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Nam, who was Kyungsoo's mother, sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter