Beautiful Dreams- EXO Luhan and OC

The Tear Glass: Angst Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I went to sleep in my bed and now I’m wondering why I’m in the middle of a meadow illuminated by the moonlight. It was difficult to see provided that the place was dim but I was certain I can see flowers. The sweet scent of the sleeping flowers clung unto my garments which made me take a deep breath, enjoying the fresh fragrance of this spring night. My eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness and I was surprised to find clothes I have never seen before. Why, a stunning white dress covered my modesty. I knew I should’ve been shocked to find out that my pajamas turned into a gown but rather, I was amazed. I let my fingers travel from my shoulders down to my hips as I admired the diamonds and pearls embedded on the cloth. Soon, my senses became very alert to my surroundings and I came to realize how vast the meadow truly was. Beyond the long walk across the flowers, there was a forest where unknown danger awaits. I haven’t had a moment to even wonder where I was or why I was here and why I was wearing such a dress when I heard the eerie howls of what I presumed were wolves bouncing off from a distance.  I felt fear slowly creep up my spine because with every passing moment, I felt the forest surrounding the meadow come to life as it was filled by the resonating cries of the wolves. I realized I was trapped in a beautiful landscape surrounded by what could possibly be my death. I turned to every direction wondering where to go. I decided to pluck up all my courage and find my escape. I was about to walk to the forest to try my luck when I heard a gentle rustle behind me.

“This is a dream.” A voice, which I concluded belonged to a boy, said. I turned around to face him only to have my jaw drop and have my eyes turn into big circles. A boy who was about my age was standing in front of me. Never have I ever met a boy as beautiful as the one before me right now. His eyes sparkled like a deer caught in the headlights and his porcelain skin glowed in the moonlight. His small pink lips gave him an innocent and baby-faced look yet his stance was that of a man. His hair was in a shade of molten gold and he wore clothes which were of a prince. I couldn’t find my voice to ask the questions running in my mind just a while ago, too surprised to even manage a little greeting.

 “This is a dream.” He smiled as he said it again. I gulped as he stared at me straight into my eyes as if he was looking into my very soul.

 “I-I know… But s-still… I’m.. scared.” I managed to stutter out my words. His smile grew wider as he took slow and graceful strides towards me. He stopped when his body was barely half a foot from mine and our noses almost touching. He took my hand in his and leaned towards my ear. My body tensed as his soft breath hit my bare neck.

“Don’t be.” He said in a gentle voice. He straightened up and looked into my eyes.  I slowly relaxed as he s an arm around my waist. I don’t know this person yet something about him made me shut my mouth and not speak a thing. I wasn’t scared of him even though he was a stranger. I felt like his touch guaranteed my safety and protection and I didn’t even try to remove his hands off of my body. Somehow, it felt like I knew him. I let him hold my hand and engulf me in his embrace.

 

In the blink of an eye, the meadow was gone.

 

We are now sitting on a small wooden boat in the middle of a lake. It was still night, however, the air was warm and humid. The faint moonlight highlighted the soft ripples in the crystal clear water. The golden-haired boy sat opposite of me as he held a paddle and steered us aimlessly in the water. Out of nowhere, flowers started drifting towards the boat. The flowers look and smell so familiar. I recognized them to be the flowers from the meadow. They were floating on the water and bouncing on its ripples. There were too many of them that they formed huge clumps at the bottom of the boat. Somehow, those flower clumps reminded me of icing at the bottom of the cake. I was too busy looking down at the flowers that I didn’t notice the fireflies that started to flutter about. One of the flaming insects landed on my arm, tickling my skin in the process. I let it crawl on my finger and brought it closer to my face to give it a closer look. As if the little bug was happy, its tail light flickered which made me smile as I gazed at it. I looked up at the boy who stopped paddling through the lake. He was staring at the tiny flying lights that hovered above him. He was basking in the glow of the moonlight and the fireflies.  He looked utterly enchanting.

This summer night is turning out to be magical.

“Why isn’t the sun rising yet the seasons are changing?”  I asked as he caught a firefly in his palm. He held it there and looked at me.

“Because this is a dream.” He said as he opened his palm to reveal the firefly. However, before it could even fly five inches away from his hand, it burst into sparkling glitter. Then it was gone. I looked up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter