[002] A Special Stranger

B.A.P DAEHYUN ONESHOT

That girl with long black hair, she always comes to this café every Wednesday. Today was Wednesday, but I didn’t see her anywhere in the café. She must be with her boyfriend. I heard that they started dating a few days ago. So, who knows?

And then there’s this guy who always comes to the same café almost every day. Me. You want to know me? I’m Jung Daehyun. So, I have been watching her since like a month ago. I don’t know why I am doing this, therefore don’t ask me why. I can’t even explain it either. I always happen to see her in almost every place in this city, wherever I go. And it’s not like I ever stalk or follow her. I found it really weird though that we accidentally meet the same person everywhere we go.

The sound of a door being opened was heard, and there she was, standing in front of the door with…her boyfriend? I knew she would come today, but I didn’t expect her to bring her boyfriend along.

As I may have expected, she sat on her usual seat, the table in the corner next to the window. But now it was different, she usually came here by herself. Then the waiter came, she would probably order her favorite drink.

“What do you want to order?” asked the guy who was sitting in front of her.

“I don’t know. You pick it for me?” she said with a smile on her face.

“Okay. How about…hot chocolate? You like chocolate? Since it is pretty cold outside, I think we need something warm.” That guy said while looking at the menu.

No, man, you definitely don’t know your girl that well. She doesn’t usually order something like that, she always order ice-

“Yes, I would like one. It looks good.” She said, didn’t even lose her smile.

Okay, she agreed him anyway. I thought she wouldn’t want to.

I was sitting here, about 6.5 feet away from them. I was watching them secretly as they kept chit-chatting. I have to pretend to look at somewhere else when that guy caught me looking at them. It’s happened couple of times and it felt really awkward. So I decided to leave immediately. It has been five hours and all I did in that cafe was looking at people I barely know. I guess it was the right choice to leave. I don’t want to come off creepy.

The next day, I was supposed to go to the library. I knew that girl would be there in 20 minutes, as always. But I couldn’t go there. My friend asked me to go with him to the mall. If I knew he would bring his girlfriend, I would just refuse it since the beginning. I ended up here in the end, with a couple who was in a date.

Do you know why I hate it when he brings me along to their date? The last time I went to the theme park with them, they left me all alone and I had to go home by myself. His intention was good though, he wanted me to get myself a girlfriend so that we can have a double date. But, you know, I never like that idea. It’s not like I’m gay or something, okay? Don’t get me wrong. I’m just…whatever.

After a few minutes, I lost them. That couple was now nowhere to be seen. So I just walked around by myself then suddenly that girl popped into my mind. I looked at my watch and it was 03.08 pm. Maybe she was in the library with her boyfriend.

I kept walking, wherever my feet brought me to. And you know what? I ended up here, in front of a stand of couple stuff. I was standing there.

1 minute…

2minutes…

Then something I never expected happened. I saw him! Yes, that girl’s boyfriend. If he’s here then she must be somewhere around this place, I thought. But what I didn’t understand was he was with another girl and they seemed really close. It was almost impossible if they were just friend.

Is he cheating on her?

To my surprise, that girl was also there. For a moment I really had no idea what was going on. She acted just fine, even though she was broken inside. I knew, I just knew.

I questioned myself why she acted like that. How could she just doing nothing while her boyfriend is having fun by himself with another girl right in front of her?

“Ay, man, what are you doing here?” someone tapped my shoulder. It was my friend, Insoo.

I looked back to the couple stuff stand but I didn’t see that girl anymore.

“Oh my God!” Insoo’s girlfriend gawked in surprise.

“What happen?” Insoo worriedly asked her.

“See the guy in red t-shirt and the girl beside him? He’s totally crazy.” She said.

I knew she was referring to that guy, the boyfriend of that girl.

“Yeah he’s totally crazy for dating a girl like her.” Insoo said.

“No, that is his ex, as I know he’s currently dating someone, but not that .” She explained.

“Then what is he doing here with her?” I asked.

“Maybe they accidentally meet here?” Insoo said.

“No, I know him really well. Even I caught him kissing another girl when he was dating someone.” She said.

“You seem to know a lot about him.” Insoo stared at her in suspicion.

“He used to date my best friend. Can we leave now? Suddenly this place turns to hell.” She sighed.

And with that, we left. I don’t know what happen to that guy next.

***

It’s been two weeks but since that day I never saw her anymore. I didn’t see her in the library nor in the café. She disappeared just like that.

It was Wednesday today, as usual, I went to the café. But when I got there, it was closed. As a result, I went to the park instead.

There were a lot of people. Kids were playing with their friends; some were playing with their dogs. Then at the bench near the fountain, I saw a girl looking for something. She grabbed her bag and rummage through the things inside of it. There were some books scattered beside her. Then there was something under the bench that caught my eye, glasses. She must be looking for it.

I approached her, picked the glasses up then handed it to her. She was looking at me, surprised. I was also surprised to see her. She was that girl I always see in the café and in the library. I didn’t know I would see her here. It was such an unexpected meeting.

“That’s…my glasses. I have been looking for it since forever. Thanks.” She smiled at me.

“You’re welcome. It fell under the bench.” I said while pointing at the spot where it fell down.

“Oh, I didn’t see it, thank you again. Uhh, have we met before?” she said then looked at me.

How am I supposed to answer this question? I can’t just say yea I have ever seen you several times somewhere and also your boyfriend. Speaking of him, I saw him in the mall with another girl and I am sure you were also there but you did nothing.

Nah man, I might creep her out.

“Uh, no?” I lied. Yes I know I’m not a good liar.

“Reallly? Aren’t you Daehyun? Jung Daehyun, right?”

My eyes widened. Now it was her who creep me out. How’d she know my name?

“How did you…?” I was really surprised.

“Screw it. It’s not that important how I know your name. Anyway, thank you. Goodbye stranger!” She said that then left me there puzzled.

Seriously though, how did she know my name? I don’t even know her name.

I turned around and tried to look for her, but she has gone. How could she disappear that fast?

Then I saw something on the bench she left, and I took it. It was a photo of her. It was written ‘June 2105’ on it. Then I realized she’s from the future, a time traveller.

Yeah. Goodbye stranger. Could we possibly meet each other again in the future?

I call her a stranger, a special stranger who knows my name.