[001] Regret

B.A.P DAEHYUN ONESHOT

Time flies, today is today and yesterday was just yesterday. Now everything will not be the same, everything has changed, and I can never undo. Who knew it would be like this? If I were given a chance, I would like to start it over since the very first time. I didn’t know it would end up like this. Now all I could do was regret everything, literally.

Those memories kept playing in my head. It was beautiful at first, but then it started to kill me, slowly. No matter how hard I try, it just won’t get off of my mind. It’s like it is supposed to be there forever and can’t be deleted. If only there were a reset button, I would surely press it. Even if resetting means I have to die, I would. But there isn’t. There’s nothing to delete those beautiful yet painful memories.

That day, I never thought I would fall for her. I didn’t even realize that I have fallen for her. And when I did, it was too late. She liked someone else. I didn’t believe it at first, but then I realize that it was real. She really liked him. I was broken, my heart scattered into million pieces, and my body felt numb. I felt like I was the most unlucky person in the world.

My days have become gloomy ever since. It was like the sun didn’t rise anymore. It was like the sun itself didn’t exist in the first place. There was only darkness, followed me wherever I go. I must be looked really pathetic, even my own shadow left me in such situation. As if everything hasn’t been bad enough, it happened. Yes, that accident.

Today I found a letter on my desk, a letter with a light blue envelope. I didn’t know who put it there, and I wasn’t going to read it either. But there was something that caught my eye. It was written on the envelope, To: Jung Daehyun. I was froze and petrified. I know it was her handwriting, I could recognize it. Then I opened the letter and read it.

I didn’t expect it and I never did. In her letter, she explained everything. She said that she also liked me. She said that it was all just a lie when she told me that she loved him. I must be the stupidest person alive for not realizing it.

Even if I still love her, I know we can’t be together. It is way too late. Now we are different. And I can do nothing. All I can do now is standing here, in front of her grave. If you are wondering, yes, she’s dead, in that terrible accident. That’s why I said that we can’t be together.

I knelt down; those memories were played again in my head. I knew I couldn’t stop it, so I just let it be like that. I wanted to cry, out loud. I didn’t care what people might think. But I was so sad that no tears came out. I was tired of it, cry every night before I go to sleep and regret everything. I knew it could change nothing, I kept doing it anyway.

“Hey, are you alright up there? Don’t you miss me too?” I tried to talk to her.

Yea it was stupid but let me do this.

“I have received your letter. I don’t know who gave it to me. I just found it on my desk when I woke up this morning. But I really thank them, if that letter weren’t given to me, I would never know the truth.” I stopped for a few moments.

“You know, you are really stupid, we are stupid for not telling each other how we really feel. Otherwise, it would not end up like this. Why’d you leave me?” I whispered.

“Remember that day when you told me that you liked him? I was going to confess to you that day. But then you told me that, I was really hurt. I couldn’t believe it at first, but I have to, right?” I sighed.

“If I were given one wish, I would wish that we can be together, even just one day. So that I could see you one last time, hug you, protect you, hold your hand real tight and never let go, and so that I could tell you how much I love you, how much I really want to be with you for the rest of my life. Even if it was just one day.” My tears started to flow.

“It would be the best day of my life, and yours too, right?”

I couldn’t hold it anymore. I let the tears streamed down my cheeks.

Therefore, whoever you are, don’t be such a coward like me. If you love someone, go tell them when there’s still time. Otherwise, you’ll end up like me. Who knows she/he like you too?