[004] Loser

B.A.P DAEHYUN ONESHOT

I walked down the street, the busiest street in the town. I honestly born in this town, but I don’t really understand this town, especially the people. I just can’t understand them. Never. Crime here, crime there, this town is in chaos yet no one tries to make it better. Hey at least I have tried not to make any trouble here.

Today was just the same as another day, nothing special. Go to school, got punched and humiliated, go home. Then the exact same thing would happen the next day.

“Yah! Jung Daehyun!”

I stopped as I heard someone called my name. Without even turning around to see who it was, I could tell it was him, Yoo Youngjae. He is the son of the mayor of this town, and he is in a gang. He always makes trouble here and there with his friends in his gang. But his father always shields him, says that it wasn’t his son’s fault. Tsk. What a trash.

“Still have guts to show up in this school after what had happened yesterday?” he walked toward me, followed by his friends.

I just stared at him uninterested. He’s always like that, make fun of people, humiliate them, and so on. Typical of him.

“Do I have to remind you what happened yesterday?” he stood right in front of me.

Nah, I still remember what happened yesterday, and the other day. I remember them all.

“No.” I answered.

“Good. Now, I want you to do something. See the girl over there?” I followed his gaze, there was a girl sitting on the bench.

“Go to her and make her your girlfriend. If you fail, then…I’ll give you some gifts.” He said while bumped his fist to his palm.

Damn, why doesn’t he just punch me right away? That girl is like the school’s princess and she’ll definitely reject a loser like me. Even she rejected the mayor’s son. Yes, Youngjae confessed to her and got rejected, and slapped. Hahaha. I was happy that time.

I fixed my glasses then walked toward her hesitantly.

As I stood in front of her, the other students started to crowd up around us. Youngjae and his gang just watching us from afar, could not wait to punch me later.

I just stood there, couldn’t utter anything. She looked at me flustered.

“May I help you?” she asked nicely.

“Would you be my girlfriend?” I was surprised at my words, the crowd seemed surprised as well.

I didn’t even think I would say those words to her, I was planning to run away and just let them punch me all the way they want. But those words came out just like that. Maybe this girl would punch me too for saying that.

“Sorry?” she raised her brow.

“I…I like you. Would you be…my…girlfriend?” I rubbed the back of my neck.

The crowd started to whisper to each other. Well, they weren’t really whispering since I could hear what they said. That girl stood up then walked closer to me.

I looked at the ground. Great, I’ll get slap too, just like him. They are probably laughing at me right now, knowing that I would fail.

“Yes.” She said.

“What?” I was really surprised, so were the crowd.

“I like you too and yes, I would love to be your girlfriend.” She said while smiling at me.

Without I realized, I was smiling as well. A real smile. I looked at her in disbelief. Well, at least I didn’t get slap and that Youngjae guy will not punch me today. But I never thought nor imagine her as my girlfriend. It was just…crazy.

The crowd went wild and started to cheer for both of us. Some of them congratulated us. Then this guy was standing right in front of us, I don’t know since when and I could tell that he wasn’t feeling good. Yes, it was Yoo Youngjae.

“What the hell is happening here?” he said, infuriated.

The crowd became mute and so did I. No one dared to utter a word. Well, except this girl.

“As you know, now I’m dating this guy and you can do nothing. Now leave.” She said in a dangerous tone.

“Really? You said I can do nothing?” he walked closer to me.

“But I can do this.” He snatched my glasses then dropped it and stepped on it.

No way. What the hell is wrong with this guy? I clenched my fist, ready to punch him.

“What? You want to punch me now? Huh? C’mon, do it!” he said.

Everyone was chanting for me to punch him. But I didn’t. I don’t want to make problem. I left that place instead.

And here I was, in the place where no one can bother me. I could hear people talking about me outside, but I don’t mind. As long as no one knows I’m here.

“Do you know that Daehyun loser? He’s dating the school’s princess.”

“Are you kidding me? That’s impossible. Why would she date a loser like him?”

Yeah man, I questioned that too to myself.

“Yeah maybe she is- Yah! Isn’t it…what is she doing here?”

“I don’t know either, maybe she gets lost? Hey beau-“

“Get lost! Both of you. Or else…”

“Or what?”

I don’t know what happened there, I think there was a girl trying to get inside or something. Which girl is crazy enough to go to a man’s toilet? But…I think…I know that voice.

“This.”

Then that two guys were yelling in pain. Maybe that girl did something to them.

“Damn this girl. Let’s go.” They left and slammed the door.

It was silence. I tried not to get caught. I could hear her opened the door one by one.

“Yah! Where are you?” she yelled.

Before I could run away, she opened this damn door where I was in and yes, she saw me. I just grinned at her. Oh, should I say that she is my girlfriend? It feels like a dream.

“There you are.” She sighed.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“I should ask you the same question.” She said, then walked closer to me and closed the door.

“No!” I exclaimed.

“What?” she looked confuse.

“Don’t come closer, people might get it wrong if they found both of us here.” I explained.

“Isn’t that good? Now we are dating, right?” she smirked, then walked even closer to me.

Suddenly my heart raced and I started to imagine something I shouldn’t. No, Jung Daehyun! Control yourself!

“Let’s talk somewhere else!” I grabbed her hand then walked outside. Good thing there was no one outside.

Now we were in the rooftop and we talked about everything. Then she recommended something to get revenge on Youngjae. At first I didn’t agree with her, but she insisted. She said that she doesn’t want to see me get hurt by them, and I was touched by her words. So, I had to agree her. Then our eyes met, and my heart raced once again.

Three months later, Youngjae’s father was dethroned. He’s no longer the mayor of this town. Yes, her plan worked. Her parents are both journalist and we revealed everything about Mr. Yoo and his money embezzlement. His cars, house, apartment, and all of his property were confiscated. He had nothing left except his old house. And Youngjae? He’s not in a gang anymore. His friends dumped him after he lost everything.

“Thanks, for helping me. Your plan worked. If it wasn’t because of you-“

“Sshh, it’s okay. I don’t like him either, that’s why I wanted to do that.” She interrupted.

Yeah it’s over, I will not get punched ever again. Then I remembered something. That day, I asked her why she accepted me as her boyfriend but she didn’t answer it. She just said that she wanted to help me and one day she would tell me the real reason. Is it the right time to ask that question again?

“So, are you gonna answer that question? Why did you accept me?” I asked.

“Do I have to tell you this? I mean, isn’t it obvious?” she said.

“Yes and no.” I answered. She looked at me then rolled her eyes.

“It’s because…I love you…for real.” She bit her lowered lip.

I smiled as I heard that. Now everything was even better.

Yoo Youngjae, who is the loser now? You or me?