Chapter 2

What Happened?

 

It was nice seeing him again. Yes he’s seen him in the halls and in the library once or twice, but he never saw him. He looked different. He still has his glasses but changed his hair color. It was back to brunette. He remember how he kept changing his hair color. He’s also more closed than before. He remembered when they met up to play games, but now the brunettes just in one of his books.

 

“Chanyeol? Are you even listening?” Kyungsoo asked with furrowed eyebrows.

 

Chanyeol just nodded still looking at the direction the small brunette left. “Hey Soo, what did you and Baekhyun talk about?”

 

“Oh, that. It was so awkward. I just said that we should talk and hang more.I really do miss him, but I think he was uncomfortable around me.”

Chanyeol snorts and finally looks at Kyungsoo who's showing a concerned face. “A lot of people feel uncomfortable around you. It’s not much of a surprise.”

 

Kyungsoo not  looking amused just punches Chanyeol in the shoulder.





 

Baekhyun quickly walked away not wanting to be there anymore. He just felt out of place with them. He felt like he, didn’t belong. He kept walking until he saw Jongdae sitting at the fountain. He quickened his pace and sat right next to him. He then realized that his heart was racing and his breath was uneven so he tried to calm all of it down  

 

Jongdae noticing all of this asks,” What’s wrong with you?”

 

Baekhyun just closes his eyes and inhales and exhales. “I um, bumped into somebody.”

 

“Who?”

 

Baekhyun opens his eyes and looks down. Jongdae then mouths an “oh” before nodding understandingly.

 

“You saw him.” Baekhyun just nods.

 

“Wow. He has some effect on you.” Baekhyun looks up at Jongdae who’s chuckling and glares at him.

 

“You know this is the part where you comfort me. Not be an about my stupid feelings.”

 

“What do you want me to say? You haven’t talked to the guy for a year. Now you just bump into him and you're freaking out. You go to the same high school, what did you expect? To just avoid him for the rest of high school?”

 

“That was an option.”

 

Jongdae just shakes his head. “What even happened for you guys to just not talk?”

 

Baekhyun looks away and sighs. “I don’t know. It just happened. One day we were best friends. Then we gradually stopped texting each other. In the summer we didn’t even meet up.”

 

“That’s stupid.”

 

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun said in kind of offended tone.

 

“You were the bestest of friends, then one day you’re not?”

 

“Well I mean..”

 

“You mean?”

 

Baekhyun just let out a breath and hung his head low, “I don’t know. All of its stupid.”

 

“If you’re so beat up about it, then just I don’t know, talk to him?”

 

“I can’t. I can’t just walk up to him and talk. You know I don’t like being all sentimental. That’s why we’re friends. We don’t do all that feelings crap.”

 

It was true. Baekhyun isn’t one to just talk his feelings to someone else. He just finds that talking about feelings makes one weak and like an open book.

 

“Yeah well if you don’t talk to them, well more him, then stop whining about how it that your crush-”

 

“I never said he was my-”

 

“-isn’t your best friend anymore.”

 

“I never whined.”

 

“Blah blah blah. You miss them, well more him, so just grow balls and go talk to him.”

 

“I have balls.”

 

“Do you? Do you really?”

 

“Yes?”

 

Jongdae just sighs and shakes his head. “I am done with this conversation.” With that, Jongdae stands up and starts making his way to his next class. Leaving Baekhyun alone with his thoughts about the past.


 

~~~


 

Baekhyun is relieved that the final bell of the day rang. He just really wanted to go home and lie down on his bed. Today was the first day he talked to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo since they stopped hanging out. So he just needed to lie down and clear his head.

 

He packed up his things and exited the classroom. While walking to the bus stop, he noticed that today was basketball practice. He remembered how Chanyeol would always score for his team. He was practically amazing at basketball.

 

Baekhyun started to argue, on whether he should see Chanyeol practice, or not. It’s not like he’ll notice me, there’s always a bunch of girls there. He won’t notice, Baekhyun thought. So he just let out a breath, and changed his path to the gym.

 

Once, he got there, he was hit with a scent of sweat. He scrunched his nose and was starting to make his way towards the bleachers. He noticed that the basketball team was still in the locker room getting ready.

 

While on his way towards the bleachers, he noticed a short brown haired boy sitting front row. Kyungsoo. Once Kyungsoo saw Baekhyun making his way towards the bleachers, his eyes went wide, and let out a gasp. Baekhyun, seeing this was starting to turn around when Kyungsoo called out, “Baekhyun!” Letting out a sigh and closing his eyes, Baekhyun turned around, and put on a smile.

 

He made his way in front of Kyungsoo and said, “Hey Soo, didn’t know you’d be here.” He obviously lied. Kyungsoo always went to Chanyeol’s practice, in fact him and Baekhyun always went together before.

 

“Well, it’s Chanyeol’s basketball practice. Remember? We always came to see…” Kyungsoo said with a hint of hurt believing Baekhyun. Although he more whispered the last part.

 

Baekhyun put on a surprised face before saying,”Oh.” Baekhyun was going to say something when the doors from the locker room to gym opened. A bunch of guys came out talking and laughing. Baekhyun’s eyes went wide when he saw a particular giant in a jersey with a big number 56 on it.

 

Baekhyun then looked at Kyungsoo, then once more at Chanyeol, before he turned around attempting to make a run for it. Kyungsoo seeing this, ran after Baekhyun and grabbed his arm. Baekhyun surprised by the action, tried to pry his arm away. However they both know Kyungsoo has more strength, so he ends up being dragged to the bleachers.

 

Kyungsoo then looked at Baekhyun straight in the eyes, with a stern face and whispered to him, “You’re not gonna run away. You came, so you’re gonna stay.” Baekhyun gulped and then looked away. It wasn’t supposed to end like this. He was just supposed to watch from a distance and leave in secret. That’s it. No one was supposed to know he was even there.

 

Chanyeol then looked towards the bleachers, and smiled when he saw Kyungsoo but then his eyes just turned wide when they made their way towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun just awkwardly smiled and raised his hand to wave, while Kyungsoo just smiled and waved. Chanyeol just stood there looking at Baekhyun with wide eyes until the sound of a whistle brought him back into the real world. Chanyeol then just shook his head and walked towards his team.

 

Baekhyun was silent the whole time. He just kept his eyes on Chanyeol. His eyes followed every movement the man made. He couldn’t help but miss the tall male. Of course he missed Kyungsoo too, they were practically best friends. But I think they all know that Baekhyun and Chanyeol just had some kind of connection.

 

Kyungsoo was looking at them practice, before he turned to look at Baekhyun. The male had a conflicting face shown. Kyungsoo had to stifle a laugh because he knows how Baekhyun can’t hide his emotions. One could always tell how Baekhyun feels with one look at his face. Kyungsoo then smiled and turned to see Chanyeol. He knew how much Baekhyun liked Chanyeol. It was always easy to tell. Of course the only people who didn’t know were Baekhyun and Chanyeol themselves. Idiots, Kyungsoo thought.

 

“You know, you could just talk to him,” Kyungsoo says, still looking forward. Baekhyun surprised at the sudden words, just looked at Kyungsoo.

 

“What?” he asks, with a confused expression.

Kyungsoo sighed and put his head down. He then looked up and looked at Baekhyun. “Just talk to him. You guys have been best friends for the longest time. Well we all have, but I think we both know there’s something between you two that just can't go away no matter how long.”

 

Baekhyun then mouthed an “oh” before he shook his head and said, “Look. Kyungsoo, I miss you guys, I do. But I don’t think that I’m even ready to just come back with a big smile on my face and open arms.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed. “Well what about us Baekhyun? I know what happened was-actually what did happen? After last summer, you just distanced yourself. Even Chanyeol didn’t tell me.”

 

Baekhyun just looked straight and shook his head. “I don’t really know myself. I do, but I don’t.” Baekhyun sighs again before ruffling his own hair. He clicks his tongue before putting his hands on his knees, and standing up.

 

“Look, Soo. I really do miss you guys. I miss you hitting me. I miss you telling me how stupid me and Chanyeol are. I miss how we all went to your house to go play some games. I miss you. I miss Chanyeol,” Baekhyun turned to Kyungsoo, who had furrowed eyebrows, and said,” But I don’t think I can come back. I just don’t know how.”

 

Baekhyun looked towards where Chanyeol is. He took one last look at the big eared giant, who was currently scoring a basket, before he turned towards the exit. He started walking towards the two doors, when he heard a voice start calling his name. He knew that voice. He stopped walking for a moment, before he closed his eyes and continued to walk.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n:
sorry for any mistakes