Chapter 1

What Happened?

“Hey Baek?”

 

“What?”

“Have you ever ed anybody?”

 

Baekhyun sighed while closing his book, and looked at his best friend. “Why are you asking me this Jongdae?”

 

Jongdae just shrugged and answered, “I don’t know. I was just thinking that I always see you in one of those books of yours. You also never get out of you room unless its for food.”

 

“You never know. I can be sneaking up someone into my room and go at it ‘til dawn.”

 

Jongdae snorted. “Yeah, sure.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and laughed before going back to reading his book, until the bell rang and the two friends had to part for they had different classes.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae met in Sophmore year. They were assigned to do a project together in class. Baekhyun greeted Jongdae with a "I can do this whole thing, you might just get in the way."

 

Jongdae, who was shocked at the remark, raised a brow and shrugged his shoulders before replying with a "Better make it look good then."

 

After the project, the two gradually started to converse more since they didn't have anyone else. They also only tolerated each other. So by the beginning of Junior year, the two were close at the hip.

 

Jongdae was aware of Baekhyun's past, or at least some of it, so he understands why Baekhyun acted the way he did.


 

 

 

 

During class, Baekhyun just looked outside the window. He was observing a squirrel that was sniffing a nut until he a specific giant passed his vision. Baekhyun then remembered the boy had physical education. They must be having free play then since the giant is just sitting there, back against the tree, with headphones on. Baekhyun rested his cheek in his hand and stared at him. He didn’t realize he had been staring at him the whole class until the bell rang.

 

“Okay class I expect you to bring in your essays next week, no excuses,” Mr. Jung said. Everyone then started to pack up. Baekhyun quickly put his stuff away and exited the classroom.

 

He had to rush in order to gain his spot in the library. No one ever sits in his spot, but he couldn’t risk it. He kept walking fast until he bumped into someone. He quickly said sorry and left. However he didn’t know that he bumped into a particular giant.




 

Baekhyun let out a breath and sat in his seat next to the window. He didn’t know why but this seat just came to be his favorite in the whole library. He sat down and took out his book. While reading, he didn’t realize that a short brunette sat in front of him. He only noticed a presence near him until he heard a clearing of the throat. He looked up and saw a short brunette with round eyes looking at him.

“Hey Baek.”

“Oh, hey Soo,” Baekhyun replied with confusion.

Noticing the confusion in his voice, Kyungsoo laughs and says, “Its been a while huh.’

Baekhyun nods and says, “A long while.”

“I know.”

“Not that I don’t want you here, but why are you here?” Baekhyun asked.

“Well I was in the library and saw you sit down here. So I decided to say hi since its been a long time.”

“Well, um hi.”

“Hi.” A silence overtook them. Just then Kyungsoo’s phone started to ring. Kyungsoo looked at the caller ID and glanced at Baekhyun before answering. Baekhyun confused just went back to his book.

“Hey…….the library….you don’t have to...I can just go there….no you really don’t - hello?” Kyungsoo looked at his phone and sighed. He then looked up at Baekhyun who was reading his book.

“Hey I got to go.” Baekhyun looked up at Kyungsoo. “I got to go meet with someone. Maybe we can talk later?”

Baekhyun nodded and said, “Sure,” although he felt like that wasn’t going to happen. Kyungsoo just stood up and said bye before he left.

 

Baekhyun sighed. It’s been at least a year before they last talked. He missed talking to Kyungsoo. Usually he’d be teasing him and Kyungsoo hitting him. Now it’s just a hello and an awkward silence. Theres no teasing or hitting, just polite words and short conversations. If its awkward with Kyungsoo, he doesn’t want to know how it’d be with him. He didn’t know how it all went wrong, it just did.

 

No longer feeling like reading he gathered his things. He decided to go spend the rest of his lunch with Jongdae. He was walking out of the library when he saw Kyungsoo. He continued walking, planned to pass Kyungsoo, until he saw who was next to him. He stopped a few inches away from them.

 

Kyungsoo noticed Baekhyun and said, “Oh hey Baek. I guess later is sooner than I thought.”

 

Baekhyun just put on a smile before looking at the tall person next to him. The giant smiled and said,” Hey Baek.”

 

Baekhyun tried his best to smile, said,” Hey Chanyeol.”