Chapter 5

What Happened?

When the final bell rang, a flood of students appeared. Baekhyun just made his way to his locker. It was crazy how the past just had to make a stop right then and there. Baekhyun avoided Chanyeol for a year for a reason.

 

However that reason was just torn to shreds and thrown out the window because there Chanyeol and Ki Sung was walking down the same hall where Baekhyun’s locker is. They were smiling and laughing. Ki Sung even went as far as ruffling his hair and putting her hand on his cheek. The worst part was when Chanyeol patted the hand and laughed.

 

Baekhyun’s heart was pounding with the feeling of pain swirling around him. His hands were shaking so much that it was difficult for him to try and calm his beating heart. His breathing was starting to get uneven and his vision began to get blurred while he had the slight taste of salt in his mouth.

 

Baekhyun just ran to the nearest restroom that he can find and just straight to a stall. He’s crazy. Crazy for thinking that those two won’t go anywhere when he disappeared and just let them. Stupid for even thinking that those two would just not talk like him and Chanyeol did. But then he thought of how ridiculous he must have looked. The tears on his face, his frown, his pathetic thoughts. You didn’t talk to him for a year. Of course he would find someone.

 

It took him a couple minutes to calm down. He wiped any remaining tears and exited the stall. He went to the sink and washed his face so that the trails the tears left would disappear. When he was wiping his face off, the door opened and a few guys entered. Baekhyun threw away his paper towel and exited.

 

He continued on his  to his locker. When he opened it, he saw a piece of paper fly out. He bent down to pick it up and saw how it was a picture of him, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol. Kyungsoo was in the middle because he was the shortest with Baekhyun and Chanyeol on his sides. Although if looked closely, Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s fingers were tangled up in one anothers.

 

Baekhyun smiled and realized that the picture must have fallen off from his locker. He just put it back in the locker and got the books he needed. He shut his locker and decided to visit the roof one last time.



 

He put on his headphones during the walk up. He kind of just needed to be in his own world at the moment. He passed a few students who seemed to be making plans. He finally reached the rooftop door, and made his way up the stairs.

 

It was just so different. In fact he realized that it felt so….dead. He frowned. He hated the feeling of loss and emptiness just roaming around. He walked to a bench and slowly sat on it, hoping that it wouldn’t break. When he got settled, he sat back and closed his eyes. He crossed his hands and put them on his stomach.

 

He listened to the music playing in his ears. He all these thoughts swarming in his head. They were bumping around giving Baekhyun a mild headache. Baekhyun even felt the bench get a little lower. He sighed and groaned while he rubbed at his forehead.

 

He felt the bench get higher and he decided to open his eyes. He looked around and managed to catch a glimpse of a small figure. He scrunched his brows and picked up to look at his phone. He saw he received a message from Jongdae.


 

From: Jongdae

 

Where you at?

 

Baekhyun remembered how they were supposed to hang out. He got up and made his way to the door. He noticed it was slightly left ajar. He shrugged and just walked down the stairs. He got out his phone again and shot back a message to Jongdae.

 

To: Jongdae

 

I took a detour. Tell me where you’re at and I’ll meet you

 

It took about a minute for him to get a message back.

 

From: Jongdae

 

Just meet me at the fountain. Maybe we can talk about the fact of how you went to the roof

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened. Was he the one that made the bench move? He kind of felt relief that it was someone he knew. He just shook his head and continued on his way.



 

When he finally saw the fountain in sight, he saw Jongdae. Jongdae met eyes with his and smiled. Baekhyun smiled and waved. Jongdae just made a motion with his hand to hurry up. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and purposely walked slower.

 

When he finally got to Jongdae, he was met with a smack.

 

“Great. Now we might only be left with leftovers. You know my mom leaves soon,” Jongdae said with a minor groan.

 

Baekhyun laughed. “Don’t worry. I can pitch in for a pizza.”

 

Jongdae mocked a laugh. “More like pay. Also throw in some cheese sticks.”

 

Baekhyun scoffed and replied, “Aren’t I the guest?”

 

Jongdae laughed aloud and said, “Sure you are. But you are a guest that pays when they make the host late. Now I say you order it now so when we get there, we won’t have to suffer the wait.”

 

They both chuckle and just start walking in the direction towards Jongdae’s house. Baekhyun got his phone out one more time to call the pizza place. He noticed one new message but by the looks of Jongdae’s stomach growling, decided to go straight to dial the pizza place.



 

“Your room is like a disgrace to this house.” Baekhyun said with a smile.

 

“Hey hey hey, it’s not that big of a mess. I bet yours is way worse,” Jongdae said in defense. He moved a couple of shirts to the side so they were able to walk through.

 

“Why don’t we just study downstairs at the table? We can even be there when the pizza guy knocks.

 

Jongdae almost tripped on a shoe when he agreed. “Yeah. I’ll just get my laptop. I’ll meet you down there.”

 

Baekhyun nodded and put his hand in his pocket. He used his other finger to point at Jongdae. “And make sure you bring money. You could at least pay for tip.”

 

Jongdae waved at him while he said, “Yeah yeah yeah.”

 

Baekhyun laughed and exited. When he was walking down the stairs, someone knocked on the door. He looked back up and yelled, “Jongdae! The tip!”

 

Jongdae yelled back, “I’m going!”

 

Baekhyun continued his way and put his stuff down on the table before going to open to the door. When he opened it he got his wallet from his pocket and fished out a 20. When he looked up to hand the money he was met with a fair girl with a smile on her face that made her eyes crinkle.

 

“Thank you sir.” She got the 20 and got the food to hand to him. But Baekhyun just seemed to stand there. Jongdae appeared and got the food. He made sure to hand her the tip before he waved goodbye and closed the door. He walked to set the food down on the table until he noticed Baekhyun was still standing at the door.

 

“Hey, why are you just standing there? Can you help with getting the drinks?” Jongdae asked. But he noticed how there was no movement from Baekhyun. So he walked up to him. “Hey you alright?”

 

Baekhyun blinked and then looked down. He shook his head and replied, “I’ll uh, go get the drinks. Coke right?” He started walking to the kitchen.

 

Jongdae nodded but still had a concerned face on. He walked to the table and took a seat. When Baekhyun came back, he asked, “Wanna talk? I think we can manage to put off this work for a while.”

 

Baekhyun sat down and took a slice of pizza. “Well, it’s just been kinda a long day.”

 

Jongdae took a bite of his slice and opened his soda. He took a sip before he said, “Well come on, we can put this work off too much.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and said, “Well let me just put in a quick side note. That girl who delivered our pizza, is the Eun Ki Sung.”

 

Jongdae mouthed an “oh”. “Well none of this stuff is due tomorrow so I can spare tonight.”

 

Baekhyun mocked a smile and took another bite of his pizza.

 

“Well did it have to do with you going on that roof? I saw you head in that direction and remembered how dead that place is,” Jongdae said.

 

Baekhyun then remembered how someone must have been there while he was there. “Oh which reminds me, did you happen-”

 

“I mean I would have followed but I remembered I had to go talk to a teacher.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~

a/n

So it's been a while and I am horrible. But hey! Exo's comeback! 

Anyways I apologize for any mistakes and I hope you guys like it !!!