Poor Timing

The 2015 Jinyoon Fic-Exchange

Poor Timing

by Eiryia

This is just a tiny KimNam/JinYoon drabble I wrote for two of my precious team members and co-writers of this project. Jean encouraged me to share it here and so here it is <3 it's pretty much unedited, unbeta'ed and well.. it is what it is ^-^

 

Jinwoo hurried up the last flight of stairs to their apartment. He had been too excited to wait the long wait for the elevator and seeing as any exercise was good exercise these days the choice had been easy.

Puffing for breath he leaned up against the front door ringing the bell. He had given his key to Mino earlier in the day because he had forgotten to bring his own again.

Taehyun was the one to open the door, he looked expectantly at him but he weren’t going to reveal the final verdict until they were all gathered.

Walking past him he put up his jacket on the hanger and was about to head down the hall. That was when he felt something hold him in place and he wondered for a second if he got his shirt stuck on the door again. Stretching out his hand to find what was holding him in place he found a warm hand holding the edge of his shirt. Jinwoo turned around slowly to face Taehyun.

"Everything okay?"

He asked without removing his hand from Taehyuns. He nodded, but looked like he was hesitating to speak his mind.

"If you got this, then we can spend more time together. That would be.. nice"

Taehyun finally said. This was abnormally cute coming from him and Jinwoo suddenly felt sorry about how he often made his group mates the victims of his cuteness. He figured as he watched Taehyun’s begging eyes, well not really begging, but curious eyes that he could maybe let it slip this time.

"Ok, ok"

He began and leaned in closer to Taehyun intending to whisper the news in his ear. Taehyun closed his eyes however making him stop in his tracks.

"What are you doing?"

Jinwoo asked cheek inches away from Taehyuns face, one hand resting on his shoulder.

"Just mentally preparing myself for the news"

Taehyun replied without opening his eyes. Jinwoo had wondered for a moment there if Taehyun had expected something else? He shrugged it off and put his mouth to his ear letting out a puff of breath as he went.

"I got the part"

Jinwoo whispered in a low voice before taking a quick step away to watch Taehyun’s reaction. Taehyun was fun to watch when he was happy for several reasons; the main one being that it was a rare sight in general and the second one was just the fact that he looked like a very fluffy cat when he smiled like that and the third..

He never got to the third one because Taehyun had grabbed his hand and pulled him into the room right behind them. His bedroom.

It happened in a blink, the door slamming behind them and there they were in complete darkness. Jinwoo couldn’t see a thing, but he could hear breathing. Feeling his heart beat hard against his ribcage he reached out a hand in the darkness. It touched skin and thin fabric right away.

 

Jinwoo was about to ask what was going on when he felt Taehyun move so close he had to move his hand out of the way as he felt him press against him. Seconds later he heard Taehyun say in a low, yet determined voice

"I’m so happy that we both get to work on this project.. Let’s celebrate"

Warm lips then proceeded to press down onto his own and a thousand revelations dawned on him at once. That other day and now? It was obvious what he was trying to say, but he was unsure of his own feelings. He couldn’t kiss him back properly, because deep at the back of his mind was still someone else. He had truly given up hope, but he still couldn’t quite let go.

"This is me confessing to you, how do you feel about that? About me?"

Jinwoo blinked in the darkness and touched his own lips. They were still tingling from the kiss. He probably had been holding back his feelings for Taehyun to a certain degree, but he weren’t ready to tell him that.

"This is so sudden, I.. Can you give me some time?"

A part of him wanted to test the waters more, to kiss Taehyun now and see if his heart would rage even harder in his chest. It wouldn’t be fair though, until he knew for sure.Jinwoo trailed the wall with the back of his hand until he found the light switch. Turning on the light he weren’t sure what expression to expect on Taehyun’s face, but he was smiling.

"You can have time"  

Taehyun said taking a step back, he was pushing a few strands of hairs out of Jinwoo’s face with an outstretched hand. Taehyun's gentle touch sent shivers down his spine and parts of him wanted to grab his hand to hold with his own.

Jinwoo’s words seemed as if stuck in his throat and he felt himself getting more and more lost in the depths of Taehyuns eyes. He felt the hand that had brushed his hair out of his eyes now grab the side of his face gently as Taehyun moved closer.

"You can have all the time you need. I might mostly comment on how much I love your pretty face, but I’m truly mesmerized by every part of you by now"

Taehyun then moved in, quickly placing another soft kiss on Jinwoo’s lips before walking out of the room.

"There is more where those came from, all you have to do is to come find me"

Jinwoo heard Taehyun say from down the hall. He waited a couple of moments waiting for Taehyuns footsteps to disappear down the hall before sinking down onto the floor.

 

How many years had they know each other now? How long had Taehyun felt this way and not said anything? Jinwoo rested his head in his hands and let out a huge sigh. Deciding that this whole situation had to wait he got to his feet again. He had important news to share and with that in his mind had he made his way down the hall towards the living room.

He could hear Mino and Seunghoon laughing loudly long before entering the room and didn’t hesitate to join them.

 

Sitting down next to Seunghoon he watched them as they finished what appeared to be a new video game. Mino winning in the end he ran around the living room to celebrate his victory while Seunghoon turned his attention towards Jinwoo.

"How did it go? Is it decided?"

Mino sat down next to Jinwoo now and watched him intently as he waited for his response. He smiled one of his innocent smiles making them wait on purpose.

"It’s settled! I’m in! I got the part!"

He finally said and both Seunghoon and Mino rolled around cheering loudly for him. Laughing at their enthusiasm he suddenly came to think of the fact that Seungyoon weren’t there. He had intended to tell them all together, but the whole thing with Taehyun had thrown him for a loop and now.

He felt his heart sink, what would Seungyoon say? Would he be upset? He should have waited.

"Everything okay in there?"

Seunghoon asked waving a hand in front of Jinwoo’s face. He stopped worrying for now and tried to smile.

"Sorry, I just spaced out a bit. It’s been a long day"

He excused while Mino ruffled his hair and Seunghoon gave him a pat on his shoulder.

"There is food"

Mino exclaimed and pointed towards the kitchen. Jinwoo thanked them both and went over to the kitchen to help himself to some. The clock on the microwave was blinking half an hour to midnight already and he wondered when Seungyoon would be home. He had just finished heating the food when he felt something rest heavily on his shoulder.

"Smells good, is there some for me as well?"

Jinwoo looked up to see Taehyun resting his head on his shoulder. He knew he shouldn’t feel this way, but everything was just too much for him to deal with. Work finally being settled, Taehyun’s confession and his worries concerning Seungyoon. He felt his stomach turn as a too heavy blend of feelings started swelling up in him.

"Here, you can have mine"

He said and handed Taehyun his plate. Taehyun gave him a doubting look, but accepted his plate even so. Excusing himself saying he was going to take a shower and go to bed he headed for the bathroom.

 

Well into the shower he rested his head on the cool tiles while feeling the hot water soften his stiff muscles. Why couldn’t he just have the joy of these news today without any complications? He spent a good 15 minutes standing like this without washing at all. When he snapped out of this daze had he stepped out of the shower without even realizing. Drying of he had wondered if he had remembered to rinse out the conditioner. He decided on yes, before walking out of the bathroom to get himself a pair of pajamas.

 

Passing the living room on his way there he found it to be empty and dark. Lights were streaming out from under the door from Mino’s room while Seunghoon’s was dark. He wondered for a second what Taehyun was up to before walking over to his room.  

Picking out a pair of pajamas he let his mind float on its own from one subject to another. Would he have to fly to china without the rest? What would people think about his acting? Would he be working with Taehyun at all? What would Seungyoon say?

"Seungyoon"

He said out loud to himself as he dropped down onto his bed.

"Yes?"

Turning to face the sound he saw Seungyoon standing at the entrance to the room. Guitar case in hand and still wearing his jacket. He didn’t hear him coming and was more than a little surprised.

"Welcome home"

Jinwoo said suddenly feeling a little embarrassed. Seungyoon put down his guitar where he stood and walked over to the bed where Jinwoo sat.

"Nice to know you are thinking about me, or did you hear me coming?"

He asked putting one hand on top of Jinwoo’s. He looked at the hand resting on his before meeting Seungyoon’s examining eyes.

"I heard from Taehyun, congratulations"

Seungyoon said and Jinwoo felt his gut twist as he heard him say it. Taehyun had told him. Why would he do that. He knew he wanted to tell everyone himself. Preferably at the same time, but that had failed. Unable to meet his glance anymore he looked down.

"I’m sorry, I wanted to tell you myself. Face to face and all"

He began as he felt an apology was in place. Feeling betrayed by Taehyun he had to add another strong emotion to his inner turmoil.

"You don’t need to apologize! I’m happy for you! Now we are both actors"

Seungyoon smiled one of those smiles of his and Jinwoo felt a little better. He knew he could trust Seungyoon to be honest and he believed him when he said he was happy for him.

"I better correct that though, now all three of us are actors"   

There was a change in his voice as he said it and it had Jinwoo worried. He knew Seungyoon well by now. It had been the two of them together for a time, but they had agreed after much pressure to keep focus to end things. That was over a year ago and they had done well. To say he had been heartbroken would be an understatement, but he had assured himself it had just been a phase.

 

If it was meant to be would they find back together. That was what he had told himself. Now history was repeating itself with Taehyun, but he was scared and deep down was he still pinning for Seungyoon. He knew that and he had always wondered if Seungyoon was secretly doing the same.

"You know, in these romance dramas.."

Seungyoon began turning his sitting position so that he was facing him.

"You have to do romance things. I just finished mine and if.."

He leaned closer forcing Jinwoo to look at him now.

"You need practice.."

He continued leaning even closer.

"I’m here.."

Another confession? Jinwoo felt like he was being played around with by now. Rationally speaking was that probably not the case as he could never imagine those two teaming up for something like this. Yet this was just that one thing that toppled everything over in his mind.

As things crumbled in record speed around him did he make his decision. To take this opportunity and make the most of it.

 

Seungyoon’s face was still hovering inches away from his own, his expression had changed from amusement to questioning. Jinwoo didn’t think twice reaching out for Seungyoon’s face with both hands while moving to sitting up on his knees. He stopped for a second to examine Seungyoon’s expression which was something close to shock by this point.

Then he kissed him. Not a sweet peck like he had thought about so many times, but aggressively gnawing and on his bottom lip until his tongue was allowed entrance so he could trail his front teeth with his tongue.

Having watched those plump lips without being able to get close to them after having claimed them so many times before. It had been cruel. They were his, along with the rest of Seungyoon and Jinwoo had every intention for making that very clear that evening.

Gaining confidence with every second that passed without Seungyoon rejecting him he pushed him down on the bed.

It seemed Seungyoon didn’t mind at all because his smile had returned now; staring up at him with a hint of mischief glinting in his eyes.

"Is this you practicing your acting or something else completely?"

He asked and Jinwoo arched an eyebrow in response as he sat up on top of Seungyoon still straddling him between his legs. Seungyoon was obviously teasing now and it seemed to Jinwoo that he wanted this as well. The question was since when and why now?

"What else did Taehyun tell you?"

Jinwoo asked leaning down again. He had to find out about Seungyoon’s motivation for this. Seungyoon didn’t answer at first, but then he asked

"Is there something else?"

He had realized as soon as the words escaped his mouth that he shouldn’t have asked. He was a horrible liar and why would Taehyun tell Seungyoon about this? Seungyoon took advantage of his moment of doubt pushing him off rolling along with him so he was the one on top.

"What did he do?"

Seungyoon’s face had changed drastically from moments ago and so had his voice. Jinwoo didn’t reply, he weren’t going to tell on Taehyun. Even if he felt cheated for the opportunity to tell Seungyoon his news on his own couldn’t he tell on this.

"Your silence speaks for you"

Seungyoon said it in a low whisper, his eyes had grown darker while he said it and his light hold on one of his hands had turned into a tight grip. In a swift motion had he moved both of Jinwoo’s hands above his head pinning him under him onto the mattress.

"But it doesn’t matter, right? We waited so long, you won’t turn back from me now? Not for him?"

Jinwoo felt Seungyoon’s warm breath on his neck and lips ghosting their way down to his half exposed collarbone.

"Why now though, when we agreed.. There were no signs?"

Soft kisses had turned into light while Jinwoo spoke and this alone was enough to make his voice tremble.

"I thought we should wait and I had no intention of returning to where we were in a long while yet. It’s my selfish wish more than anything that is the cause for this"

He had taken breaks from marking him as he spoke and Jinwoo could hear his own heartbeat clearer than the words Seungyoon was speaking by now.

"I loved you then and I’ve loved you all this time. I’ve been feeling like I’m about to lose you lately. I’m afraid and so I couldn’t wait anymore"

Seungyoon said and Jinwoo could hear his voice tremble as well now. It was all he wanted to hear, all he had hoped to ever get to hear. He had waited all this time, slowly losing faith for every day that passed.

Fighting against Seungyoon’s grip only a little Jinwoo got hold of both his hands. Slowly he worked his way intertwining their fingers one by one.

"You were never gone from my side, you looked after me. I couldn’t give up. I loved you too. All this time"

A laughter mainly caused by disbelief escaped his lips as he said the last few words and to his surprise did Seungyoon laugh as well. He shook from laughter for a moment before collapsing on top of him one hand still tightly holding on to his.

"Let’s stick even closer together from now on then"

Seungyoon said into the crook of his neck and Jinwoo hummed in agreement

"Even closer sounds great to me"

Seungyoon didn’t say anything more and Jinwoo felt as he slowly became heavier there he was laying sprawled across his chest. He must have been completely exhausted. Straining his neck a little he placed a small kiss on Seungyoon’s forehead.

"Sweet dreams love"

"Sweet dreams"