Above Water

The 2015 Jinyoon Fic-Exchange

 

By Eiryia for Kwuintessence 

Above Water

Round 3 - inspired by pictures 

The two pictures that was my prompt for this round are these two:

     

 

 

 

“Even if we aren’t fine is there nothing I can do about that now”

Seungyoon looked over at Seunghoon who was resting his head on the car window. Rain was pouring down hard and they were on their way to the airport.

«If you say so»

Seunghoon said closing his eyes while moving his head so that he was resting his cheek on the cool glass.

Seungyoon turned a little in his seat to watch the scenery pass in a blur of gray and rain. He did regret not clearing things up properly, but he was only going away for a couple of weeks. Maybe they needed the space? Even he didn’t believe that.

Still what needed to be talked about wasn’t something he felt they could discuss over the phone.

«It just got to wait»

He mumbled while trailing a raindrop on the window with his finger. How he was going to manage to enjoy things back home now was still a mystery to him. Maybe a call wouldn’t be so bad after all? He missed Jinwoo's voice already. They often called each other when they had arrived safely, he would call when he got home.

 

 

Jinwoo woke to the low rumble of faraway thunder. He sat up in bed and looked around. He was happy for only a second until he recalled that today was the day most of them were heading home.

At least Mino would still be there he thought and got up from the bed. Jinwoo walked over to the window inspecting the far away thunder clouds. He wondered if they would affect Seungyoon and Seunghoon’s flight. Probably not, it had never affected their flights before. He still worried for him. Maybe the flight would be canceled? At least then would Seungyoon have to come back to him. He missed him already. He knew he shouldn’t wish for something to happen to the plane so it would be canceled. He didn’t wish for that. All Jinwoo wanted was for Seungyoon to come back.

Two weeks, that’s not long at all. Unless you had gone to bed with unresolved feeling the night before and had regrets the day after with no way of clearing the air.

Calm came after thunder right? Or just rain? Such a bad metaphor, rain meant tears right? This was why he didn’t write any good songs. He barely wrote songs, that along with so many other things were not really part of his forte.

Jinwoo went over to his dresser and started rummaging around. It was in there somewhere he was sure of it. After completely emptying three out of four drawers had he found what he was looking for. The camera.

It had been a gift from Seungyoon for his birthday last year. He had spent some time taking pictures during their few days off around Christmas, but that was months ago. Seungyoon said when he had first received the camera that he always wished to see the world through his eyes. Because he felt like it was always Jinwoo who noticed completely different things compared to the rest of them.

Jinwoo had decided to bring the camera with him everywhere the next two weeks. This way he could show Seungyoon how empty his life was without him around. His motivation for doing this all wrong, he knew that. It was the truth however.

It already felt empty. 

 

They could hear thunder rumbling as they walked onboard the plane. He weren’t scared of thunder, but Seunghoon looked worried. Stretching out a hand to touch his arm he gave Seunghoon a concerned look. He smiled back at him and he figured Seunghoon probably were more worried for his dog that feared thunder more than anything else. She was well looked after by his sister however and he would get to see her in a few days.

Turning his phone to flight mode he looked at the picture that was his wallpaper. Jinwoo had taken that shoot early this spring. It weren’t particularly good, kinda blurry in places even. He still really liked it, because Jinwoo had been so pleased with it.

Seungyoon had made it his personal mission a long time ago to do what he could to build up Jinwoo’s confidence. Jinwoo always worked so hard, but he rarely gave himself any credit for what he or they achieved. The photography idea had been one of those projects and the only one Jinwoo had taken a liking to. For a while at least.

Seungyoon watched as the plane took off and made a vide turn passing the river. He had said that all that was left for winner to do now was to keep their head above water. Only for a short while, until the time was right.

"How am I supposed to keep my head over water when I can’t even see the surface?"

He said more to himself than anyone else. Seunghoon took of his headphones and looked at him.

"Then you swim towards the light. Where the light is you also find the surface"

Seungyoon just gave Seunghoon a small nod. He couldn’t see any light right now and even if he did so would he be out of air before he reached it.

 

 

Jinwoo was by himself in the living room, sitting on the floor next to the small table and the couch. He had connected the camera to his laptop and was uploading all his pictures so he could make room for new pictures. It was early morning and he expected Mino to sleep for at least another hour. They had planned to head out for coffee today if the weather was nice and he was excited about that.

Jinwoo was therefore surprised when he felt a pair of strong arms wrap around his neck and shoulder from behind minutes later. He couldn’t help but to smile a small smile when he felt a warm cheek press against his.

"Good morning"

Mino mumbled hugging him tighter as he got comfortable on the sofa behind him.

"I didn’t expect you to be up this early?"

Jinwoo replied still tinkering with his camera attaching his new camera lens.

Mino just hummed in response probably still half asleep. He did this ever so often. Called it his morning ritual even at one point. Jinwoo had asked him about it once; if he had these "morning rituals" with the other members as well. Mino had replied yes, but Jinwoo had yet to see it.

"Coffee?"

He asked after a while of just sitting there in silence. Mino was resting heavily on his shoulders now and he worried that he was about to fall asleep on him.

"Mhm"

Mino replied more like a hum than a proper word.

"Let’s go then"

Jinwoo replied getting to his feet carefully pushing Mino of him in the process. Mino didn’t get up however and so Jinwoo moved closer and poked his head lightly before saying

"If you are still sleepy then you should go back to bed, it’s still early"

Before ruffling Mino’s hair lightly to help him get it out of his eyes.

"I can’t believe they left us like this"

Mino mumbled grabbing Jinwoo’s hand which was still on his head with one of his own.

"They don’t expect us to work do they?"

He followed up with since Jinwoo didn’t reply.

"Eh, we can do what we want to I suppose"

Jinwoo replied honestly. Mino smiled and pulled a little on his arm.

"Let’s just be lazy then, sleep and eat and.. Do fun stuff"

Jinwoo nodded, he needed a break.

"Let’s start with the sleeping part"

Mino said between a yawn and a sigh before pulling Jinwoo down onto the couch next to him. He probably shouldn’t, Jinwoo knew that. This was one of the reasons why he and Seungyoon had not spoken before Seungyoon had left.

He was tired however and resting next to someone warm was just too tempting right now.

 

 

Watching tiny ice crystals forming on the plane window he swallowed hard and tried to shift his focus to something else. Seunghoon was fast asleep next to him now and he would have to wake him in a couple of minutes.

He had been thinking about how to fix things. When people or surroundings were the issue could he either discuss it with them, avoid it or work towards changing it. This however was on the inside and not the kind you could go to a physician and get medicine for. He felt it there though, in his chest, as if he had exhaled something toxic that had settled in his lungs making it hard to breathe.

Seunghoon had said the last time they had talked about this slow suffocating feeling, that it was better to jump of last minute when you felt like you were crashing. That it was better to tumble around for a while with your sanity somewhat intact instead of losing it completely. If he was to interpret that literarily would it mean for him to get out of YG because that was what had him crashing. Either YG or Jinwoo, both were pushing him fast forward towards a very solid concrete wall.

He didn’t wish to get away from either and so he accepted that he soon would hit that wall with incredible force and that it would most likely hurt like hell.

The question was how he was going to move on afterwards. Would someone come and peel him of the wall? With YG it was easy, he didn’t make the decisions and so all he had to do was to hang in there.

Hang in there.. Such a bad choice of words, he smiled at himself, at least he was still able to keep himself amused in-between his many depressing thoughts. With Jinwoo it was different. They have faced many difficulties together the past few years, but nothing felt as crucial and defining as this one. Seungyoon still had faith in them though, but it was hard. He should definitely contact him tonight. It was his responsibility to fix this as much as Jinwoo’s.

 

 

Having spent most of the day sleeping had their plans to go get coffee turned into a plan for getting dinner instead.

Jinwoo had brought his camera on the way and was snapping pictures of everything that caught his attention the entire afternoon. They stopped by the YG building on their way back, but he didn’t take any pictures there. They saw enough of that place as it was.

When he and Mino got home had Mino gone off to take a shower while he went through all his pictures. Jinwoo wanted to send his favorites to Seungyoon tonight, but the few pictures he was happy with was either of the meal he had eaten with Mino or of Mino himself. There was none he felt that he could send. Jinwoo went into Seungyoon’s bedroom and took a picture of his empty bed. Uploading it to his computer he realized exactly how sad a message that would send.

He deleted the picture and went to bed. Maybe tomorrow would he get a few good shots he could send. Staring at his phone one last time he sighed, he had hoped that Seungyoon would call like he used to.

"Not this time"

He whispered before falling asleep.

Over the next days had Jinwoo made a real effort to take good pictures, neutral pictures that he could send to Seungyoon to show him what his days where like. Without the depressing hint of abandonment that had manifested itself in most of his early shots.

So far had he sent pictures of an early morning sunrise, a daffodil growing in small enclosed area, cats.. Lots and lots of cats. Seungyoon had replied with kind’s words and constructive criticism like he knew he would. They still had not spoken however and as time passed had it become increasingly harder to be the one to make the call.

It was passed two in the morning when Jinwoo made up his mind.

He was usually the one hesitating and he knew that caused Seungyoon worries. It didn’t matter how hard he tried, he still came out second guessing himself and even if he managed to hide it from the others would Seungyoon see straight through him.

Jinwoo’s decision was that he would be the one to act this time. Mainly because he wanted to do the right thing, partially because of his own egoistic wish and lastly because he didn’t want make the call because he was stubborn.

He called the office to clear everything even if they had nothing scheduled, he didn’t wish to cause trouble. After that had he written a short note to Mino explaining what he was up to. He then brought his camera and a few other things before heading downstairs to wait for the car.

 

 

Seungyoon watched the glimmering ocean through squinting eyes. He had forgotten his sunglasses, but had still decided that this was the best spot to meet up.

Seunghoon came walking towards him in a pair of really ugly yellow shorts, a green mint shirt and a pair of sunglasses that looked more like something a grandma would wear than anything else.

"Enjoying your holiday?"

Seunghoon asked as he approached him. He smiled, but even he felt that it weren’t a very convincing smile.

"It’s nice to be home"

He replied before turning back towards the sea. Seunghoon gave him a small hug before turning to watch the sea along with him.

 

Jinwoo had kept on sending him random pictures every day throughout the week. He had made sure to reply to all of them, but he had still not made that call. Unsure if he should discuss it with Seunghoon had he followed him silently, listening to him talking about his week.

After his lunch meeting with Seunghoon had he gone home to have dinner with his mother. After that had he planned on heading out for the evening to meet some old friends. The pictures from Jinwoo did usually arrive late in the evening, but this time had they ticked in to his email before dinner time.

The email contained only two pictures this time. The first picture was taken on board a bus, a woman was sitting on the opposite side and he could see blurred green outside the window with a caption that said

I have missed long bus rides. The second picture was of a city skyline with the caption almost here. On closer inspection had he realized exactly which skyline the picture was taken off. He stuffed the phone back into his pocket and rushed out into the living room.

"I’m sorry, can dinner wait?"

He asked his mother without waiting for an answer. He put on his shoes and began jogging down the stairs. The email had been sent almost an hour ago.

Where could he be?

He stopped at the doorstep, even if he instinctively wanted to just rush on weren’t he that air headed. Picking up his phone he finally made that call he should have made a week ago. 

"Hello?"

Jinwoo picked up right away, but as soon as he heard his voice had all words left him.

"Uhm, you are here?"

Was all he could think of saying. Hunching down he ruffled his hair and looked around yet again in case Jinwoo was close by. After only a moment had he began questioning why he was hiding when he actually was looking for someone.

"I’m here, in your city somewhere"

Jinwoo replied calmly. Neither of them said a word, but the weak wind made a small buzz on both ends keeping things from going completely silent.

"Can I see you?"

Seungyoon finally asked deciding that just being upfront about what he wanted was the best. Pride and former disagreements all put aside.

 

They had met up shortly after, Seungyoon explaining the way to where he was over the phone. There had still been a certain uncomfortable mood to the air around them, but they both seemed determined to leave the past behind since neither brought it up.

Having dinner with Seungyoon’s mother had been lovely. Jinwoo had met her several times before and the conversation between them had somehow helped bring him a little closer to Seungyoon again. Her questions and worried for the two of them reminded him of how close they were and always had been. 

"What were your plans for tonight?"

He asked Seungyoon hoping he had no ruined any of his plans with his sudden arrival.

Jinwoo weren’t sure what he had expected. His mind had played out all of this scenarios for him with how Seungyoon would react when he turned up unexpectedly. The whole thing had been undramatic, without any particular words of affection or joy on Seungyoon’s part.

He was happy however, coming here must have been the right decision. The fact that he was the one doing something now, Seungyoon must be appreciating that right?

"You left Mino behind?"

Seungyoon asked while casually looking up at the sky. They were heading out to a party to meet a few of Seungyoon’s old friends.

"Someone got to look after the cat’s right?"

Jinwoo replied laughing a little as he imagined Mino walking around trying to catch one of the cats to cuddle with. Jinwoo weren’t really worried for Mino, he knew why he had left and if there was someone who knew how to keep busy it was Mino.

He thought they were going to a club or a bar with how Seungyoon had been talking about his plans, but it turned out to be a private house party. He had met a few of the people there before, but most of them were unfamiliar to him.

Having lost sight of Seungyoon minutes after arriving had he ended up getting himself a drink before sitting down at a table with a few girls whom he had never met before. They were giggling and talking loudly making him feel increasingly uncomfortable. Wishing for somewhere quieter to fit his current mood had he began looking around for somewhere calm. After moving around for a while had he soon found himself a nice spot on the roof terrace.

Watching the dark summer night sky couldn’t Jinwoo help but to wonder about what Seungyoon was doing downstairs. He had he not seen much of him the last hour and truthfully was he a little disappointed about that. Seungyoon had not made much of an effort to introduce him to his friends.

After a while had Jinwoo begun taking increasingly bigger sips out of his drink and it made him feel increasingly drowsy. What was this? His third drink? His fourth? He had lost count, but he liked the way it made him feel. His body felt all light and relaxed, so what if he was alone in the dark of the roof terrace? Leaning back in his well cushioned seat he soon began drifting off to sleep.

 

He woke to something heavy leaning up against him. Seungyoon had slumped down next to him after mumbling something about finally finding him. Wrapping his arm around Seungyoon he sat up a little. It took him a moment to realize where he was and when he did was there nothing more he wanted but to leave.

Seungyoon was leaning heavily on his shoulder leaving small huffs of warm breath on his neck. He smelled of alcohol, perfume and summer making Jinwoo long to steal him away before anyone came along to pull him back to the party.

"I couldn’t find you"

Seungyoon mumbled already half asleep. His speaking was slurred as well and Jinwoo figured he was probably more than a little drunk.

It was unusual for him to drink this much and Jinwoo wondered as he sent a text message to Seunghoon if their whole ongoing situation was the cause for this. The clock was only 02:00 in the morning and he could hear loud music still blasting from the story beneath them.

He waited for Seunghoon’s reply before getting to his feet. He carefully helped Seungyoon onto his feet.

"Let’s get out of here"

He told him while pulling him gently by the hand towards the balcony exit. After showing the taxi driver the address Seunghoon had sent him he leaned back and put an arm around Seungyoon who looked like he was about to fall asleep again.

"Exactly how much did you drink?"

Jinwoo asked a little worried. Seungyoon rarely drank and when he did had he never been close to this state before.  Seungyoon just sighed and tilted over to his side so that he was resting heavily on Jinwoo. He soon gave up on waiting for Seungyoon’s reply and shifted in his seat so he could rest his head on top of Seungyoon’s.

He had dozed of himself and was startled when the taxi driver shook his shoulder lightly pointing towards the building they had just stopped in front of. Seungyoon was fast asleep and it took Jinwoo a few tries to wake him. Pulling him by the hand into the hotel lobby he checked in and followed the instructions for their room.

As they walked slowly down one long hallway after another couldn’t Jinwoo help to wonder about this complete change in their dynamics. Seungyoon was trusting him blindly to figure things out and even now to lead them to the right place. That had never happened before, but then again Seungyoon had never been this drunk around him before either.

Jinwoo let go of Seungyoon’s hand to open their hotel room door but had to grab him again quickly afterwards because he was swaying violently on the spot.

Leading him into their room while hugging Seungyoon to him by the shoulder Jinwoo asked if he would be okay while he went to take a shower. Seungyoon shook his head no however and Jinwoo sighed a little in disappointment as he saw his reply. He had asked so he couldn’t just go ahead anyway.

"Come then"

He said and started walking towards the bathroom.

"Let’s just shower together, I’m sure it would do you good as well"

 

Opening the door to the bathroom he noticed how it actually had a bathtub. That was something one rarely found in Korean hotels and so he was really surprised.

"Looks like we can take a bath instead, it’s a tub in here. Just wait there until it’s ready"

He told Seungyoon without stepping out of the bathroom. When he was finished he went to to tell him it was ready only to find him half undressed, asleep on the bed.

"You can just go sleep if you want to"

Jinwoo said while brushing a few strands of hair out of Seungyoon’s face. He opened his eyes as soon as Jinwoo’s hand touched his face and sat up blinking a little as his eyes adjusted to the brightly lit hotel room.

"The bath is ready, I’m going in. You can join me if you want to"

Jinwoo said touching Seungyoon’s face ever so lightly just to make him aware of his presence. He then walked into the bathroom, got undressed and climbed into the bathtub.

It was a grand bathroom with an oversized claw footed bathtub standing in the end of the room by a huge window. Their hotel room was on the 8th floor and he could see far into the cityscape from his spot in the tub. Jinwoo weren’t sure how long he had been admiring the many city lights when Seungyoon finally joined him. His eyes had cleared up a bit and he had a small smile on his face.

"Still okay if I join you?"

He asked, but didn’t wait for his reply and started undressing right away.

 

They sat in silence for a while, just watching the city by night switching turns on sneaking glances as the other. Seungyoon was the first to speak, asking

"What made you decide to come here?"

Jinwoo didn’t reply straight away, he just opened his eyes and pushed his damp hair out of his face.

"I’m sorry about how things were when you left. I know I’m mainly to blame for it. I decided that this was the way to go about showing how I could take action for what I want as well"

Seungyoon nodded. Coming here sure did prove that. What did Jinwoo really want though? Every time he had brought it up had he somehow managed to wriggle away from that question. He was scared to ask, but one look appeared to be enough for Jinwoo to understand what he was thinking about.

"I do want it to be us, you know that right? Deep down?"

Seungyoon let himself sink so that his mouth was covered by the water blowing small bubbles with his nose. Hearing this made him happy, really really happy. He was still more than a little drunk however and keeping calm and focused was getting increasingly harder.

"Are you okay over there?"

Jinwoo asked as Seungyoon kept letting himself sink further down into the bathtub. Now only the top of his hair was above water. Jinwoo began counting the seconds he had stayed under getting worried as seconds ticked by.

After about 45 seconds did he pop his head up drawing a huge breath before saying

"Are you going to let me drown or what?"

Before ducking under again. Jinwoo looked at Seungyoon in disbelief. Here had he finally manage to come with something close to a proper confession after all this time and Seungyoon reacted with fake drowning himself. He concluded that he had to still be a lot more drunk then he first had assumed. Would he even remember this in the morning?

Moving from his position on the opposite side of the tub he tugged lightly on the little bit of Seungyoon’s hair that was above water level. A few bubbles emerged from his nose before he came up to the surface.

Seungyoon blinked the water from his eyes and then proceeded to wrap his arms tightly around his waist pulling Jinwoo down next to of him.

"Gottcha"

He said proudly, but loosened his grip so that Jinwoo could move in to a less back breaking position. Moving down a bit so that his head was resting on Seungyoon’s shoulder he asked

"Are you happy that I’m here?"

"Very"

"You sure?"

"Very"

"We good?"

"Very"

"Stop that!"

"Very"

Jinwoo shifted his head to get a better look at Seungyoon. He had this funny crooked smile on his face and it was all red. Not sure if it was the mood, the alcohol or the still warm temperature of the bathtub he suggested that it was time for them to get up.

"Just a moment more"

Seungyoon protested turning to his side so they were now face to face. All the bubbles were gone now and Jinwoo could see his pale chest, following the line from his chest leading all the way down

"Face up here"

Jinwoo looked up with a cheesy grin

"Sorry"

He said, not feeling sorry at all. He then stretched his neck so that he could place a peck on Seungyoon’s cheek.

"Forgive me?"

Seungyoon quickly turned his head so that Jinwoo’s innocent kiss landed on his lips instead of his cheek.

"You are forgiven"

Seungyoon said with a bit of a frown and they stared seriously at each other for a moment before they both began laughing.

“Remember our first kiss?”

Jinwoo mused suddenly thinking back. Seungyoon laughed. No wonder though, that had been rather something.

“You kept apologizing”

He said after finally finishing humming in amusement. Jinwoo had kissed him more on a whim than anything else and when Seungyoon had given him a shocked expression could he do nothing more than to apologize.

“I thought I had stepped over some line between us and felt really bad about it.. but then you kissed me back”

They both smiled at that. Then Seungyoon closed the tiny distance between them giving Jinwoo another kiss. It was slow and sweet, just like their first kiss had been. The difference were that they now where in a bathtub together and several years had passed.

“I remember another first”

Seungyoon said after kissing for another couple of minutes.

“Yeah.. Didn’t go too well now did it? And then after we couldn’t find your underwear”  

That wasn’t just the story of their first time, it was also the story of how Seunghoon had found out about them only a few weeks after they had decided to call themselves a couple. He had found out because he was the one to find Seungyoon’s underwear and he had rather stupidly managed to reply something along the lines of “oh so that’s where it landed”

Looking over at Seungyoon was it obvious that he was thinking back on the same situation as he was.

“It’s incredible how the other two still don’t know”

Seungyoon said inspecting his hand which was getting wrinkled from staying in the bathtub for so long.

“About the other two, I’m curious”

Jinwoo began, but hesitated. Bringing up Mino at this probably weren’t the best of ideas. Still he had wanted to ask this for a while now. Even if it was silly.

“You and Mino, do you have a morning ritual kind of thing? He claims you do..”

Seungyoon thought about his question for a while, frowning yet his eyes were glinting with mischief.

“Yeah I guess you could say that. We sneak up early sometimes to watch kid’s cartoons and eat those sugary cereals sometimes”

So much for being Mino’s diet coach Jinwoo though with a laugh. So he weren’t the only one he had his so called ritual with after all. He felt surprisingly relived about that. The bath water was only getting colder and so did they decided to call it a night, but only after sharing a few fairly innocent kisses. Neither of them got anything to sleep in and so they decided to just sleep in their underwear. It was summer and even if the sun had gone down hours ago was the air still warm.

Jinwoo feeling hungry after their long bath was nibbling on a few crackers while enjoying the night city view. He heard Seungyoon throw himself onto the bed behind him letting out a huge sigh before dragging the covers up around him. He was failing miserably as they were neatly tucked in under the mattress.

"Let me help you with that"

Jinwoo offered and tugged hard on the corners so that the sheet came loose. Seungyoon rolled over on one side of the bed while hugging the sheet to him so he got completely entwined in it.

 

"Sleep with me?"

He asked looking up at Jinwoo with sleepy eyes. Jinwoo smiled. He didn’t mind, he wanted to and so he tugged his sheet loose from the other bed and laid down next to Seungyoon on his back staring up at the roof.

"I’ve been so down lately, I’m sorry for taking it out on you"

Seungyoon was so tired yet he wanted to talk about this now, before morning was there and things got awkward. He hoped it wouldn’t but as the coward he was he really liked having the alcohol in his system to blame if he got too sappy.

He turned over to his back joining Jinwoo in staring up at the roof. This day felt like it had lasted forever. Then again time in general felt like it was dragging by so slowly lately.

"All this waiting, time passes so slowly"

He regretted saying it as soon as the words left his mouth. He had been working on projects, his fans got to see him and he got to challenge himself in different fields. Jinwoo however had not. This was probably a big part of why things had gone so bad between them lately.

They had stopped talking because he didn’t want to rub it in that he was out there doing things. He had nothing to complain about, yet he was miserable. Why was it that even when he got everything he wanted he still couldn’t be happy? He felt happier tonight though. Happier than he had in months. All because of Jinwoo.

"I’m sorry"

He said reaching for Jinwoo’s hand, afraid of his reaction to his previous comment. Jinwoo took his hand in his and squeezed it hard.

"Don’t be, it’s all fine. Let’s talk together from now on okay? All I want is to know how you are doing. To be there for you"

Seungyoon turned towards Jinwoo now, staring up at his face. Jinwoo was smiling, still with his eyes closed while holding his hand tightly in his grip.

"I don’t need to be out there like you do, I’m happy anywhere. I know we will be back and I enjoy having this opportunity to slow down a little. I’ve missed you. Not as much when you have been gone working, but when you have returned, but avoided me"  

He knew all of this of course, but hearing it made it a lot worse. To say he was feeling sorry about it was an understatement, but there was nothing he could do about the past now. He just had to move forward and try not to make the same mistakes again.

"I truly am sorry, so so sorry"

He said sitting up now feeling a need to express his emotions through movement as well as words.

"I promise to share everything from now on and I will come to you first. No exceptions. You are the most important after all. To me"

Suddenly feeling embarrassed he dropped down on the bed again. He felt like he had just used up the last of his words for today and so he waited for Jinwoo to reply not being able to say anything else. Speaking honestly and apologizing was truly a relief, if only he had managed to do so earlier. 

"You are the most important to me too"

Jinwoo finally said. It was good, it was alright. They were good. He already knew, but still. The relief he felt was so immense he wanted to make a celebratory roll in pure bliss, but he settled with moving closer to Jinwoo. Resting his head on Jinwoo’s shoulder he said

"I love you, you know that right?

Jinwoo turned a little and smiled down at him before placing a small peck of a kiss on his forehead. He then asked with a hint of laughter in his voice

"Exactly how drunk are you?" 

 

 


Authors note: I went for something different for this one compared to the first two. Can you tell? Not sure if I succeeded, but I did my best. My part for round 3 is done, make sure to check out the other two stories for this round as well! Sandiuns and Kwuintessence stories can you find here and here. There has been some slight delays because of the holidays, but thats just how it is :) Thanks again for reading!