Chapter 2

Iridescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo was awakened the next morning by the sound of the doorbell. She tried to ignore it but the doorbell rang still continuously, forcing her to get up. She really hated when her sleep was disturbed. Ji Hyo glanced at her clock and it was 8:00 am. Feeling annoyed, she walked to the front door to open it and determined to scold anyone who visited her in early morning and disturbed her sleep.

Ji Hyo opened the door and a man was standing in front of her with a smile on his handsome face.

“Good morning, nuna!”

“Yah! Joong Ki –yah! What are you doing here so early in the morning?” She looked at her little brother, Song Joong Ki, with an annoyed look. She loved her brother and she missed him but the fact that he woke her up at 8:00 am covered all of those feelings.

Joong Ki looked at his nuna still with a smile on his face. “I’m sorry to wake you up, nuna. I thought you already woke up. You don’t have to go to work this morning?”

“No, I’m on the second shift today and tomorrow.” Ji Hyo opened the door wider, letting her younger brother came in to her apartment.

Joong Ki followed his sister to her living room. There were lots of her used clothes on the couch and magazines were scattered all over the coffee table and over the floor. Ji Hyo just moved it hastily so Joong Ki could sit. There was also an empty cup of instant ramen and two empty cans of beer on top of the coffee table.

“Nuna, why is your apartment so messy?” He frowned. Joong Ki couldn’t imagine how messy Ji Hyo’s bedroom if her living room was already has been liked this.

“You know me, Joong Ki –yah. I’m just too tired to clean up all of this.” Ji Hyo said shyly. She knew that she had to clean her apartment but she was procrastinating. What a bad habit, she thought.

Joong Ki glanced at her kitchen when Ji Hyo was getting a drink for him. There were piles of dirty plates and unwashed glasses. He was lost for words and only shook his head, amazed with his sister’s apartment. She seriously needed to clean her apartment soon.

“Nuna, you can call me anytime if you need help to clean your apartment. I’m willing to help you.” He said when Ji Hyo gave him a glass of water.

“Yes, yes, I will do it later.” She brushed the topic off and told him not to worry about things like that. “Tell me, how’s life as a rookie actor?” She asked Joong Ki and Joong Ki told his sister about his first movie shooting experience excitedly.

Joong Ki was always dreamt to be an actor and it wasn’t hard to achieve his goal. He had handsome face and he could act in front of the camera. He just finished shooting a historical movie and this was his debut as an actor and even though he only played as a supporting actor, his senior colleagues praised him for his ability to act. The movie would be played in cinemas next month. Ji Hyo was sure that it wouldn’t be long until he got a main role. She was so proud of him.

Their family wasn’t wealthy but they lived well and their parents raised them well too. Ji Hyo studied really hard on her school days, she always wanted to study abroad, and her efforts paid off as she got a scholarship to continue her study in New York. So she was happy when her brother could also attain his dream as an actor.

Her mind drifted to her university days. She couldn’t deny that it was one of the best decisions that she made in her life. It left her sweet memories as she met a man that she loved deeply and spent her days there with him happily although in the end they decided to break up. Ji Hyo smiled unconsciou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter