Chapter 10

Iridescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kwang Soo –yah,” Jong Kook called his secretary, “Come here for a moment.”

A minute after that, Kwang Soo’s face appeared from behind the door, “You called me, hyung?” Jong Kook nodded and Kwang Soo walked inside his boss’ office.

“Sit here, I want to ask you something.” He gestured Kwang Soo to sit down on the chair across the table from him. The tall man sat down nervously and it didn’t escape Jong Kook’s eyes. “Why are you so nervous? I’m not biting, you know.” He chuckled.

Kwang Soo mustered all his courage and started his confession. "Hyung…” He swallowed his saliva, looked up and met with puzzled looks from Jong Kook. “Actually, I’m the one who took and posted a shirtless photo of you on the employee forum. I’m sorry.”

“Nevermind, it’s al-“ Jong Kook said before finally his brain processed what Kwang Soo said earlier, “You what?!”

Kwang Soo smiled sheepishly. Jong Kook let out a sigh and said with a frown on his face, “Forget it, it’s not the reason why I call you. Just don’t do that anymore.”

“It isn’t? I thought you already figured it and wanted to scold me.” Now it was Kwang Soo’s turn to look at the older man with puzzled looks, “So what’s the matter, hyung?”

Jong Kook hesitated for a moment before he finally spilled the question, “Where do you take a woman for dinner?”

“A woman? Is it Eun Hye –ssi?” He asked curiously.

“No, it isn’t her.”

“Are you cheating, hyung?”

“Yah! Eun Hye and I do not have any romantic relationship.” Jong Kook asserted the fact. “Besides, it’s only just dinner with a friend, not a date.”

“I see.” Kwang Soo nodded his head repeatedly. He noticed Jong Kook blushed a bit. “Then, you should take her to an expensive restaurant, hyung. She will love it. Women like expensive foods and things, after all.”

Jong Kook thought for a moment. He felt that taking Ji Hyo to an expensive restaurant like Kwang Soo suggested wouldn’t make her happy. If his memory served him right, Ji Hyo that he dated years ago wasn’t keen with pricey things.

“I’m not sure.” Jong Kook put his hand under his chin, like he always did when he was thinking hard.

Kwang Soo smiled. He never saw the muscular man in front of him so confused for a trivial matter such as where to take a woman for a dinner. Kwang Soo thought that whoever this woman, she must be important enough for Jong Kook.

“It’s easy, hyung. Do you know what kind of food she likes?” Kwang Soo asked and Jong Kook answered with a nod before Kwang Soo continued, “Just take her to a place that sells her favorite food.”

“Well, her food preferences quite different with mine.”

Kwang Soo took out his phone and started to search for something on the internet. When he found what he was looking for, he showed it to Jong Kook. After he looked at it for a while, he nodded approvingly.

“Where is this place?” Jong Kook asked.

 “Ey… You seriously don’t know?” Kwang Soo asked back his boss with disbelief and this time Jong Kook answered it by shaking his head, “This one is so famous! Where have you been all this time?”

Jong Kook shrugged, “My life is just around my apartment, this office and gym.”

“You should go out more, hyung. You seriously need to have fun rather than work all the time. It’s good for you.” Kwang Soo said to Jong Kook and he muttered under his breath, “…and maybe for me too.”

Jong Kook heard what Kwang Soo said. He knew that his workaholic lifestyle had impacted many people in the company but maybe the one who suffered the most was Kwang Soo as his secretary.

“Are you tired of being my secretary?” He asked Kwang Soo, half-joking.

“No! No, it’s not like that, Mr. Kim! Eh… I mean, hyung.” He quickly answered, panicked after hearing the unexpected question. He loved his job and being Jong Kook’s secretary even though it’s tiring.

Jong Kook just chuckled and didn’t pursue further about that matter.

 “Thank you, Kwang Soo –yah.”

“You’re welcome, hyung. If you need any advice about dating or woman, you can ask me anytime. I’m the expert.” He said proudly.

“Sure, I’ll ask you. Well, I have to go now.” Jong Kook got up from his seat and walked towards the door.

Before he went out, Jong Kook turned his back and said, “Oh, I heard that our dating advisor was rejected by Shin Da Eun from the marketing department and his messages never got a reply from Moon Chae Won from the accounting department.”

The lanky man’s mouth gaped open in shock after hearing his boss’ remarks. Jong Kook chuckled before he finally left the room and his thunderous laughter could be heard throughout the hall with Kwang Soo still shouting from his office.

“Hyung! How do you know that? Hyung! Hyung! HYUNG!”

---

Ji Hyo just finished her shift and walked out from the café. She was surprised to find Jong Kook there, leaning on the wall near the door with his arms across his broad chest as he turning his head towards her when he heard the door open.

“Oppa! What are you doing here?”

“Have you finished your work yet?”

Ji Hyo nodded, “I’m done for today.”

“Great, mind to have dinner with me?” He asked while studying her expression and she just looked blank like usual. For him, she was so adorable when she made that kind of face.

“Dinner? Isn’t it too early for dinner?” Ji Hyo looked at her silver watch on her left wrist which showed it was only 4:30 pm.

“Well, we can drive around the city if you want to. Do you have any sugges

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter