Is it beef?

Just a little kid

"So you're telling me that you, skinny, weak, never-been-in-a-fight-in-your-life Daewon, got into a an actual fight? With a Dean?" 

"Yes Juhyeon."

"And you haven't got any broken bones?" 

"No Juhyeon."

Buffy was beyond confused. "How?"

"I'm telling you, it was like the guy wanted to kiss, not hit me." Daewon shook his head in disbelief as he recalled the strange event, "Man, it was ing weird."

"Why would anyone, let alone a grown man, want to kiss a kid who punched them? Plus, Southerners are about as anti-gay as Putin." Buffy chose to leave out where and what he had been doing earlier with another man.

Daewon didn't reply. He was too busy fighting down the urge to puke. The peroxide blond -as they called him at school- had never felt more emasculated in all his life. After a group of grown men started harrassing people in a local late night cafe, him and a few other guys had tried to intervene. They'd shouted, thrown punches but had only recieved taunting laughs in return. Qirs weren't exactly highly rated on the fearsome scale. One particular guy had overstepped the line. In fact, he had pissed all over said line when he had grabbed Daewon tightly and started saying -whispering- stuff to him. Daewon was too busy trying to free himself to listen properly, but he'd caught the phrases 'tight ' and 'wouldn't say no to a quick sesh' right before he managed to punch the guy. 

"I don't know and I certainly don't care. But what I do care about is when they got brave enough to be sitting in our cafes?" Daewon shifted on buffy's bed, deep in thought. "I mean, there's nothing stopping them technically, but boundaries bro, boundaries!"

"It's pretty apparent they don't care about our boundaries. Can't really blame them though; a load of Qir's keep going down to the South End." Buffy replied. If he was to be completely honest, he liked how a few members of each social class was mixing. Maybe one day it would be so common, his parents wouldn't mind him bringing Moos home. Obviously he would have to give the man a makeover, but he'd cross that bridge when he got to it...

Daewon had stood up by this point. It seemed the boy was honestly very riled up, "Like, who the do they think they are? Hugging men, flirting with our girls. The audacity of it-"

"Our girls, Daewon? Come on now, you're starting to sound a little bigotted." Buffy interrupted. He was already done with this whole conversation. So what, a guy may have wanted to kiss Daewon. It's not like men ing, let alone kissing, was anything new. 

"And what if I am? I'd appreciate it if they kept to their side and we kept to ours." The blond's voice had risen to a near shouting pitch. Soon Buffy's mother would tell them to quieten down or see each other in the morning instead. 

Grabbing his friend's skinny body, he dragged him back onto the bed before dropping a pillow on him. "Whatever Daewon. Nothing's changed- you're fine. Still a , still short, still ugly."

"Shut the up. Not everyone wants to be a ing stringbean." Buffy just chuckled. "So anyway," Daewon continued, "What did you have to tell me?"

Before the tall boy could reply, his mother's firm voice blared into the room. "Boys, come and eat!"

 Buffy and Daewon instantly climbed off the bed.

"You haven't eaten yet? It's nearly 10." 

"I know, I came home late today." Came the terse reply. Buffy was already out the door, his mind set on devouring whatever food awaited him. Daewon's stomach was a little empty given the fact he didn't get to eat at the cafe. Given the Dean incident and all...

"Late? Where were you?" 

Buffy's mother was seated at the head of the dining room table, a modest-sized glass of wine in hand. She had laid out the food, but held back on the dinner decorations, given the time that her unruly son had strolled in. Said son was why she'd chosen to sit with them instead of heading to her room. "Daewon, how are doing?" She asked politely. 

"I'm fine Mrs Lee. How are you?" He replied. He was itching to dig into the bo-ssam and bibb lettuce, but as as the case with all Qir elders, respectful dinner conversations was a must.

Buffy's mother hesitated; should she be blunt and ask outright or continue the conversation? "So what activities have you and Juhyeon been engaging in recently?" She asked before swirling and taking a sip of her wine.

"Ummm... Just school and sports and-"

"Nothing new Mum, nothing new. Now please can we eat, I'm sure Daewon's very hungry." Buffy interrupted, already angling his fork towards the juicy meat. The tall boy completely disregarded the various bowls of vegetables, as per usual. He missed the withering look his mother threw his way. Daewon gave his friend an internal message of thanks, he was getting increasingly hungry. 

"Go ahead and eat then, but I will be speaking to your father about these late night trips of yours." She warned as she began to stand.                                              Hearing the word 'father' Buffy remembered his earlier request. 

"Oh I completely forgot! Dad asked if you could make him a sandwhich." The statement was only met with a huff. 

Mrs Lee was already walking out of the dining room. "Your father knows where the kitchen is." And with that, they were alone. 

Daewon was digging in heartily but still retained his composure. Not a single drop of food had stained his jumper. Buffy watched his friend with a perplexed expression. "Daewon," he began, "How come you sounded so happy on the phone if you basically got assaulted in the cafe?" 

Swallowing his mouthful, the smaller boy looked up and smirked. "Because I'm going to get those boys back."

A frown- "How?"

"By crashing the Moon festival." 

Buffy put down his fork.