Street boys

Just a little kid

Moving quickly, Buffy manouvered through the dark streets. The harsher, downtown area of Stenthon wasn't particularly dangerous, nor was anyone likely to attack the tall teenager just because he was a Qir,  but it just so happened that this was where most of the 'rowdy' nightlife was situated. Bars and strip clubs could be found everywhere in the centre. Plus, people tended to be a bit more aggressive once they were buzzed on alcohol and had been repeatedly kicked out of clubs. Buffy guessed that was why a couple Dean students threw him hostile glances and gestures. Shaking his head, he sped up, hoping to reach the bus stop in a couple of minutes; he should have driven his car today, he thought. That was his last thought before a large, muscular body collided with his. He stumbled back a little, looking at the large, intoxicated group of men in front of him. 

"You in' blind or sumfin?" The large man said, his words slurred as he struggled to focus. Buffy didn't even reply. He instead opted to swiftly move past the group and continue on his way. Although he wasn't the fighting type, pent up annoyance from being thrown out by Moos in addition to having to make the long trek home had severely pissed him off. Plus, Buffy tended to be a little less composed when he was moody. 

A few loud shouts sounded behind him. He didn't bother to glance back, or he had a feeling he'd turn back around & give the guy the fight he was looking for. 

"Oi, prick! I'm talking to you!" The loud man continued to shout. Buffy shook his head as he heard a weird grunt followed by the sound of vomiting. Pfft, ing drunks. 

The rest of his 45 minute journey home was rather uneventful. On the bus home, he'd spotted a Qir girl sniffling as a friend consoled her. He figured the girls had gone clubbing under the impression they'd be welcomed with open arms & the Deans would be all over them. Quite a few people made that mistake. The reason so many of them ended up in tears was simply culture shock. Qir kids were taught to behave in the most respectable way possibly in order to obtain the wealthiest, most established life partner. Dean kids tended to be too blunt and unapproachable for them to manage. It only took a couple shoves and a curse words for them to turn tail & leave. 

Buffy found that it was the equivalent of a man going into a lesbian club & then getting upset when the girls paid him no attention. Deans just weren't interested. Which is why his relationship (if it could even be called that) with Moos was so unusual.

Just the mere thought of the other man got him riled up. The man had treated him as little more than a stray dog. As soon as Jaeho's deep voice had filtered through the mail slot, Moos had shot him a look and told him to leave out the back door. It had been the most degrading moment of his life thus far; Buffy was considered a catch even amongst the more prestigious Qir families. His own mother would have a heart attack if she knew how her treasured son was allowing himself to be treated by a Dean... A relatively poor, rough-looking, male Dean at that. 

Those angry thoughts followed him home, making his face settle into a deep frown. Before he could think to rearrange his face after he unlocked the front door, his mother was on him. She took hold of his arm and pulled him inside the large house before re-locking the door. When she released her death grip on him, he  took off his sneakers and placed them on the high-reaching shoe compartment. He turned to greet his mother but was met with the sight of her glaring at him with her hands on her hips. "And just what time do you call this?" She asked, shooting out strong disapproving looks. 

He hesitated but decided the tell a partial truth. "I'm sorry I'm late home. I was with a friend and we lost track of time." Lost track of time, lost his mind- same difference. 

"You didn't think to call me?" She asked, but Buffy could see she wasn't that angry anymore. She always got agitated when he went out- especially after he turned 19. 

"It slipped my mind," he replied, trying to be cute, "I'll remember next time. Promise." He batted his eyelashes jokingly. His mother cracked a small smile. 

"Fine. Greet your father then come and eat your dinner." She commanded before making her way to the kitchen- probably to heat up said food for him.

Buffy headed to the winding Brazilian mahogany staircase and started his slow climb upwards. The dark haired boy slipped his sleek mobile from his pocket and proceeded to unlock it & send a text. He had already asked his friend Park Daewon to come over if he was still awake by the time he reached his father's study. Knocking gently, he put away his phone when his father called him in. 

"Good night Dad!" He said cheerily. Wrapping his arms around the middle-aged man's shoulders as he prepared for his lecture. 

"Still messing with that Dean girl?" His father asked, jotting down his plans into his business journal. Buffy just shook his head as he straightened up. His Dad was smart and to a certain extent, more aware than his mother, but no one could guess he was ing another boy. 

"I'm not messing with any girl." And it was true. 

"You don't have to lie to me son. All boys want a little walk on the wild side at least once...I should know." His father said in an undrerstanding tone. Buffy smiled. His Dad always amused him with his 'I too was once a lad like you' talks. 

"Listen Dad, if you don't believe me then fine. But I'm telling the truth." He patted his father's shoulders warmly. "Anyway, Daewon will probably come round at some point. Sorry for the noise in advance." 

His father let out a bemused sound. "Alright. Tell your mother to make me a sandwhich."

"Tell?" Buffy teased. 

"You cheeky little boy. OK, ask her for me." 

Buffy turned and began walking to the door, "Will do." 

The power dynamic between his parents always amused him. His father sees himself as the big 'manly man', the head of the family type. But in truth, he could only speak to his wife with the utmost respect if he wished for any form of response.

Buffy's phone rang as soon as he'd flopped onto his over-sized bed. The caller I.D came as no surprise Quickly accepting the call, he stretched his long legs out. "What's up Dae?"

"I'll be there in ten."The cheery voice replied, "And boy, do I have some to tell you."

Buffy grinned. He had some information of his own to share. "Ok. Tell me when you're outside."