Chapter 3

Stolen Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Several weeks already passed and Yujeong’s legs have already found its strength back but not completely. She can move around but not as fast as she wanted to. Jungkook couldn’t care less of his new appearance; he can only care about her after finding out who she was.

Jungkook frowned the moment he stepped foot on her room. He leaned his back on the wall and observed her taking out the pictures one by one; their pictures. “Are you sure you want to do that?” he asked not being able to hold it back anymore.

“Well” she paused and turned to him with a smile, “How can I start a new life with these on my wall?” she took out the last row of pictures and huffed, “done”

Jungkook could only suppress his disappointment, “Hey, don’t you have work?” she asked as she slowly gathered the pictures and put it inside the box.

“Are you trying to get rid of me?” he asked and threw himself on her bed, burying his face on the pillow; inhaling her scent.

“You guessed right”

“What?” he sat right up and glared at her. She laughed and sat next to him, “Not the way you think it is. I’m just concerned. You’re always here looking out for me. I’m better now and you need to live your life normally”

“My life is nothing near normal” he explained and she laughed obliviously.

Jungkook couldn’t help but to think he’s being tortured of the choice he made and he could only accept everything that’s happening as a punishment of everything he did; he had stolen memories from a hundred people for his new body and he couldn’t bear to think she’s one of those. Plus, he has stolen her best friend’s body which until now is a mystery to him.

“I’m serious” she bumped her shoulder on his.

He frowned, “If you say so”

“Getting grumpy again?” she arched a brow, “You know what, from what I heard my best friend rarely frowns. He is very cheeky…” she stared at him, “What happened? Did you just change all of a sudden or what I heard is a lie?”

Jungkook gulped. “Well…” he cleared remembering the perfect alibi, “I lost my memories too, didn’t I?”

“Some not all of them” she corrected and continued, “I don’t think a person would change completely just because…”

“I just changed” he cut her off with a forced smile.

“Right” she reached for the box and put it on her lap.

“What are you going to do with that?” he asked.

“Should I throw it?” she asked.

“No!” he paused realizing his reaction frightened her. “I mean, you don’t have to right?”

“I was just kidding what’s up with you today?” she laughed and put it under her bed.

It’s his twenty-fourth day with her today; he has been counting. He passed by another mirror and accidentally saw his face. He didn’t like it for the least; it just reminds him of everything.

“Minhyuk, hurry up” she called out from downstairs.

…And that name; everything of his existence is stolen.

 

 

 

 

 

“Look at your hair. It’s very messy although you still look good. Unfair.” she grabbed a brush and fixed his hair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter