Chapter 2

Stolen Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jungkook looked around the four corners of the room and realized he was in the hospital. Arms instantly wrapped around him, “Thank goodness” the girl uttered, sobbing as she pulled away and cupped his face, “I was so worried… How are you feeling?”

Jungkook had to blink several times to focus and once he saw clearer he knew deep inside the girl was close to him but he couldn’t remember her name, “Better” he replied.

“Are you in pain?” she asked and it was just then that he got to concentrate on his body which is a bit stiff but not hurting, “how long I’ve been here?”

“Three days” she replied and he found himself wrapped in her arms again, “I’m so happy you finally woke up”

“I want to go out” Jungkook uttered, hungry on the brightness of the sun that he didn’t see for quite a while and yet he couldn’t fathom why he felt that way nor how he ended up there. His identity was unknown to him but his heart was somehow leading him; he can feel the way the owner of that body was supposed to feel to anything or anyone around him. His heart was the only guide he has.

“Are you sure you can do it already?” the girl asked and he nodded. She helped him out of the bed and handed him clothes to change. “Do you want me to help you?” she asked and he is surprised it didn’t sound strange. He wondered if she’s his sister or his lover, “I think I can manage”

“Still the same you” she chuckled and just let him walked slowly towards the bathroom, “you know you can just change here… being suddenly conscious, are we?”

“Is it supposed to be a joke?” he asked and she laughed, “Did you forget how you just always change before me?”

“Well not today” he closed the door and looked at his reflection on the mirror. He looks fine. He wondered why he can’t remember anything, all he knows is it’s his second life and he’s in someone else’s body. He changed as quickly as he could and forced his feet to carry him quickly outside of that building. He has only one place in mind and that’s the park though he didn’t have a reason why.

“So why’d you want to come here? You don’t like this park” the girl looked at him confused, “maybe I like it now” Jungkook replied as he continued to walk around. She slipped her hand in his and held it as they walked. He just let her since it didn’t feel awkward at all; he now figured out what’s his relationship with her, “Aren’t you gonna visit her?” she suddenly asked.

“Who?”

“Yujeong”

He didn’t know what to reply since he couldn’t remember the name but he’s very much aware his heart beat became faster hearing it.

“She’s in room 408”

“Is she okay?” the only safe question he can think of.

“Yugyeom said, she already gain consciousness but” she paused for a few seconds before continuing, “her brain was damaged. She’s experiencing selective amnesia”

Jungkook stopped walking as he felt that overwhelming feeling. He felt fear, sorrow and pain got all mixed up and it drives him insane not knowing why. “Look, it’s not your fault. You just saved her” the girl explained holding both of his hands in comfort, “You’re both alive and that’s what’s important”

“I don’t know” Jungkook sat on the bench as he felt his knees weakened.

“You know what, I decided something…” she sat right next to him, “I got to think things through for the past three days” she looked sad but sure, “you were being you the whole time and I want to thank you for the chance” she took his hand and weaved her fingers through his, “…I knew it has never change even we’re together and I think it won’t ever change; it’s still her, isn’t it?” she smiled bitterly, “I think it’s time for me to let go” a tear escaped her eye and Jungkook reached to wipe it but she stopped him, “Don’t. You’ll just make me love you even more” she chuckled but he can feel it, she’s hurting. “I’ll miss you… She needs you right now. Don’t you think it’s the right time to show her how you love her?” she let go of his hand and gave him a quick kiss on the lips, “I think that would be the last one. Goodbye Minhyuk. I love you” tears streaked down her cheeks, she was fast enough to leave before Jungkook could reach for her hand. He felt his heart hurting as well but the pain was bearable; he must not really love her as much as she did. Though his conscience told him to chase after her; his feet won’t just move. The owner of the body must’ve been really a jerk, Jungkook thought. How could he love someone else and be with a girl that loving? Jungkook sighed; he hadn’t been expecting it. He can’t believe he would be experiencing break-up the first on his second life.

He stood up having no thoughts of where he wanted to go nor what he wanted to do; he just found himself walking back to the hospital. As soon as he stepped in the building, there was one thing he had in mind and it was what his ex or rather the ex-girlfriend of the owner of his new body mentioned a while ago. The girl named Yujeong was in room 408 and he’s positive she is the one whom his ex was referring to as the one he truly loves. Jungkook’s fist paused in mid-air as he pondered whether or not to enter the room and see her; would he really meddle on someone else’s life? Too late he already knocked on the door, “Come in”

He opened the door and went in. “Here you are! I’ve been waiting for you” A woman who is in her thirties stood up and gave him a quick hug, “Are you feeling well?”

“I’m good” Jungkook answered as he takes a look of the girl lying on the hospital bed. “I’m sorry but I have a favor to ask… we don’t have someone to ask right now, could you accompany Yujeong home until I come back? My boss called and there was a serious problem I should attend to… Is that okay with you?” she asked and the way she interacts with him as well as how comfortable he feels towards her told him she was family. “Sure” Jungkook replied.

“Thank you. I knew I can always count on you” the woman grabbed her bag from the bed side table hurriedly and gave him a pat on the shoulder before she left, “Please be more patient with her. You know what she’s going through… the driver will be there to assist you”

As soon as the woman left, he moved towards the bed and finally got to take a closer look of her face. She looked pale, lost with her gaze fixed on the ceiling. He knew exactly what he felt at the moment just staring at her; it was the feeling of longing. “Yujeong” he called out, her name on his lips felt too familiar.

The girl didn’t move nor her gaze transferred to him; she was just still like she heard nothing and was blind. “Yujeong” he called out again, louder but she remained frozen. “I’m going to be with you for a while” he moved aside as the driver arrived with the wheel chair.

“Who are you?” she asked.

He paused and tried to recall his name; the name of the owner of the body he currently has, “Minhyuk” he replied upon remembering.

“Minhyuk” she repeated as she studied his face. The longing feeling inside him was suddenly replaced by the strong thumping of his heart, “Min… Hyuk” the girl repeated before she finally looked away, “That woman, my sister…” she sounded unsure as she continued, “said you are my best friend maybe that’s explains why I feel a bit comfortable with you” Jungkook forced a smile as he felt the same way too though he just knew their relationship as well.

 

 

The driver brought her to her room and he followed after him. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter