Good Morning

Mail Order Leo

The alarm was screeching its morning serenade to wake you as the barest evidence of light filtered through the window. You reached over the edge of the bed to hit the snooze as you usually did, but your hand found something soft and fluffy instead.

“Mmhhh?” You questioned sleepily, pulling your hand back and opened your eyes a crack to see what was in the way.

You had forgotten about Leo while you slept. You jumped away, eyes now open wide, but you didn't make it very far. He had an arm in a gentle yet iron grip wrapped around your waist to keep you cuddled against him. Your alarm kept blaring, getting louder and louder.

“Leo,” you called, pushing his shoulders to wake him. Didn't he say he didn't sleep? You untangled yourself, leaving his arms empty, and slid out of the far side of the bed to walk around and hit the alarm. You rubbed the sleep from your eyes and took another look at Leo.

He was curled up on the far side of the bed, though given that it was a small bed he wasn't very far from you. He was still in the onesie, the little speckled tail dangling over the edge of the bed. His hair was messed up from where you had mussed it accidentally. As he cuddled more into the pillow, the onesie slightly ped and slid off of his bare shoulder.

Before you could register what happened he rolled over, arms shooting out to grab you and pull you back to the bed. With a surprised cry to flopped down, half on Leo and half on the bed. You tried to push him away but his grip was immovable, holding you tightly to him.

As you tried to stabilize yourself, one of his eyes peeked open quickly before closing again. You almost missed the small glance, but not quite.

“Ya!” you said, trying to role away unsuccessfully. “I saw that, you aren't sleeping!”

He smiled, but didn't open his eyes. “How did you know?” He said quietly, but there was an amused, playful tone you weren't expecting.

“Leo, let go, I have to get ready for work.” You tried to chastise him, but you were smiling now too, touched by the bit of early morning affection.

He put on a pout, eyes still closed, and pulled you closer. The onesie ped further.

“But then I'll be alone all day.”

You had to bite your lip to contain your giggle. Some sound escaped, and an eye peeked open to look at you. One of the hands left your waist to go to the back of your head, pulling it gently down onto his shoulder.

“I'll be home by four.”

“Home...” he repeated, but you couldn't see his face. You sat in silence for a moment.

“And I thought you said you didn't need to sleep?” You finally asked. If you had known you would have set him up on the couch.

“I don't,” he said, nuzzling the top of your head. “But you just looked too cute when you were sleeping so I had to come in. You snore a little, you know.”

“I do not!” you replied immediately, indignant, though you knew that you did indeed snore.

“Yes you do.”

“No, I do not-”

He rolled over further, cutting off your words and ending up on top of you. He looked down at you with a smile, his position nearly the same as yesterday on the couch. He seemed to remember what happened yesterday and moved quickly, leaving a chaste kiss on your forehead before pulling away.

“Wait,” you murmured, voice low and think in a way that caused him to turn back around in confusion. Your lips met his in a flurry and somewhere, detached, you realized that he was strong and warm and nothing like a machine would be. You didn't know what came over you. Maybe it was the gentle way he carried himself or the quiet amusement you couldn't quite pinpoint or the knowledge that he was, somehow, yours, but it hardly mattered. After a shocked second he kissed you back, hand finding their way to cup your cheek on one side while the other wound through your hair at the base of your skull. You leaned into his support, letting your head relax as he began to move slowly away from your lips to leave a trail of kissed down your neck.

The blaring of your second alarm, warning you that if you didn't move now you would be late, went through you like electricity. You jerked back, head banging into the headboard as you moved out of his grasp, and laid there for a second catching your breath. Leo looked down at you, bewildered.

 

As he pulled back you stood on the bed and made your way to the safety of an exit, ignoring the still ringing alarm.

“Wait,” Leo called, still crouched on the bed, though the pajamas were now completely sliding off of his shoulders. You ignored him, going to the bathroom and locking the door behind you.

A few moments later the alarm went silent. You leaned over the sink, one hand supporting you while the other went to your face to cool your reddened cheeks.

Oh my god, you thought, staring at your wide eyes in the mirror. You had bought a “boyfriend.” Why did you feel so bad about using him as such? You couldn't help but run your hands across your lips, noticing how they were a little more red than usual. You had decided to keep him-- hell, you had bought him in the first place.

You tried to blank your mind, not thinking about any of the things that were clearly waiting to be addressed. There was a quiet knock on the door before you were successful, though. No call was necessary to know who it was or what he wanted. You took a deep breath and pulled open the door.

“Look, Leo, I'm sor-”

Leo shut you up immediately by pulling you to him and pressing his lips to yours, his usual gentility offset by the intensity of his actions. He walked you backwards, distracting you with butterfly touches across your face and neck, moving into the hallway as he kissed you. You stumbled at the awkward movements, falling against the barren wall of the darkened room. He leaned against you, keeping you there, but broke the kiss; instead he rested his forehead on yours, eyes closed.

“Don't apologize,” he murmured, voice back to his usual quiet tone. “This is what I am. This is what I have to give you. Please, accept it.”

He looked at you with pleading eyes that, once again, you couldn't identify as anything other than human. You opened your mouth to respond but couldn't come up with anything to say. His gaze searched your face, and after a moment he sighed. He kissed you once more, lips now soft and innocent, before pulling away a bit sadly.

“Just think about it.”

He walked away, and you slid down the wall to the floor.

 


*squeals* im so so sorry I couldn't resist and then this happened gaaaa. I hope you enjoyed it at least! :)