Chapter 5

A Chance To Love

Kris POV

Hmm... What should I do? Should I ask her if she wants to leave? I can't keep her here. But if I let her go, does she have anywhere else to go? She's never mentioned any other family member and I don't want to ask her... I don't want to bring up any memories of her past but at the same time she can't leave here forever. 

Its been two weeks since she's been here and although she looks better now, she's gained weight, her scars are healing well and she seems to be in good shape but then -

"STOPPPP!! STOP ITTTT! DON'T COME NEAR ME! DON'T! I know what you're trying to do, you're just trying to poison me and you're gonna torture me when I'm weak and I can't defend myself. You're all the same! All the same! Out there to abuse me and I'm no longer going to be the victim!" Ji Hyun's screams immediately stopped me in my train of thoughts.

I immediately ran to where the screams were coming from only to be greeted with a frightening sight. Ji Hyun had a knife pointed towards her chest, with blood streaming down her hands as she grabbed the knife so hard that it scarred her fingers.

"Ji Hyun, please calm down, I'm not going to harm you. Just that you didn't come down to have breakfast with us so I got worried thinking maybe you might be hungry. Please calm down, I want to help you," pleaded Omma when she saw the fright and panic in Ji Hyun's eyes.

"No, no, I want to get out of here, I have to. I can't trust any of you," Ji Hyun said suddenly pointing the knife towards Omma.

"Come any nearer and I will use this weapon against you. Don't try to challenge me, I WILL do it,"

"Ji Hyun ah, please drop the knife down and listen to me. We're not harming you, we only want to make sure you recover well and you can't recover if you don't have the proper nutrition that you need," I immediately stood in front of Omma and reached my hand out to Ji Hyun, trying to take the knife from her.

"N-n-no.... Y-y-you're with t-t-them. All.. all of you out to get me!" she suddenly turned and aimed the knife at me.

I looked into her eyes and I could see the fear, pain and anger that was enveloping her at that very moment. For 19 years she has been the victim and she was never able to fight back. I could see that she's finally strong enough to stand up for herself and fight for what she wants. Though this isn't exactly what I had in mind, I need to get her to realise that I'm not the enemy.

"Ji Hyun ah, remember me? Look at me. I was the one who helped you when you first escaped remember? I was there to protect you from the bad doings of your parents. If I got you out of that situation, why would I want to hurt you now? All I want is for you to be safe and happy, free from all the pain that you've suffered all these years. Could you please hand me the knife? You're just hurting yourself right now," I said as calmly as possible, trying to talk her out of this.

"Ji Hyun ah, no one here is going to harm you. I'm not going to let that happen, I promise you." I said as I looked her in the eyes, while my hands slowly reached out for the knife in her hands.

"Y-you promise? No one's gonna hurt me anymore?" her voice shook as she looked into my eyes, I could see the tears swelling up in her eyes.

"No one's going to hurt you, I promise," I could see the light in her eyes and she passed me the knife slowly. 

I don't know what came over me but as soon as I grabbed the knife from her, I pulled her in for a tight embrace, with my chin resting on her head and my hands caressing her gently.

"I'll always protect you, no matter what happens," 


Kyaaaahhhhh I'm finally posting again I'm so sorry it took lobger than I had hoped guys T_T but I hope you like this chapter and I'll be updating again! ^^