Chapter 3

A Chance To Love

Author POV

A few more blows were exchanged between the younger and the older men, both hitting each other with so much intensity, so much force and leaving bruises on each other with each blow. As the fight progressed, the older man started to lose his stamina, his blows weakening with every strike and his accuracy missing the target with every punch. 

The significantly stronger and fitter male took this to his advantage and began to attack the older man with all that he had, giving it all, one blow after the other, kicking and dodging every attack against him, his age was definitely an advantage on top of the older guy. He would have killed the old man right there and then if it wasn't for the loud "THUMP" that he heard, and when he turned, he realised that the mysterious girl had collapsed on the floor.

Hesitating on whether or not he should call the police, he decided against it as it was not his decision to send the rotten old guy to jail. He was more concerned of the girl that had been abused for too long and immediately carried her into his car. He realised how thin the girl is and thought about whether she had even been fed properly. Her skin was as pale as a corpse, lips chapped till the colour turned pale, her hair was a mess and disshevelled, and her clothes had holes and dirt all over. He quickly put her in the backseat and drove her home. He had no idea why he decided to drove her home instead of the hospital but all he cared about was having the girl somewhere safe and away from the old man.

Kris POV

I wonder what mum and dad will think when I bring this girl home? Do I make up a story of how I met her or should I just tell them the truth? I'm sure they'll understand right?

As I carried her to in the house, I could see everyone's shocked expression as I brought a girl home, carrying her in my arms too. Without saying a word, I brought her to one of the guest rooms and laid her down, covering her with the sheets. Once I put her down, I could finally see the girl that I had rescued. 

"Who is she? Why did you bring her home?" mother said the moment I walked out of the door.

"You wouldn't believe it if I told you what had happened," I replied.

"Well, you have to explain it to me anyways and why are you bruised so badly? Did you get into a fight because of the girl?!"

"Well, yes and no. She's actually - " and I told her the entire incident that had taken place earlier. The look of disbelief on her face explains it all but I kept telling her that it really had happen and I didn't just make it up. 

"Mum, I'm really tired right now so can we have this conversation tomorrow?" I said after repeating the story 3 times in one night. I was sore all over and was in pain from the fight earlier. 

I said my goodnight to her and headed to the shower, washing off some of the blood that was left from the fight earlier. As the water trickled down my body, I gasped for air as the wounds I had received earlier hurt, the water doing down my hair, face, lips, then down my chest and all the way down to the ground. As I looked down, I could see traces of blood in the water. 

I thought about what had happened earlier and I couldn't keep it out of my head. Its too surreal and what happened to the old guy? Did he manage to escape or did he die out there on the street? 

Well, the night is almost gone and I need as much rest as I can get before thinking of what to do with the girl.

Your POV

Owww my body hurts all over but where am I? Did I manage to escape? 

As I opened my eyes, I awoke to an unfamiliar surrounding. Looking to my left, I see a window with beautiful white curtains and when I turn to the right, I see that I am on a big queen-sized bed. I stretched my arms out as its the best sleep I have had in a long time. Just as I was enjoying the luxurious bed, reality hit me when I realised I have no idea where I am. Am I safe? Where am I? 

I immediately took the blanket off my body and I sighed in relief when I realised that my clothes were untouched. Slowly I got off the bed, as I did not have much energy, I staggered my way to the door and cautiously opened it, slowly peeking through the door to make sure no one was there. I gasped at my surroundings. It was a beatiful 2-storey terrace house, with a huge chandelier at the top, the interior was white and adorned with beautiful artworks and furniture.

There's no one here. I should get out of this place while I still can.

"Oh you're awake? You shouldn't walk, you look really weak. You need to get more rest," I heard an old lady say as she approached me. She looks to be in her mid 40s, around the same age as "Mom".

"NOOOOOO, STAY AWAY FROM ME!! Don't... DON'T HURT ME. PLEASE JUST LET ME GO. PLEASE!!" I yelled out at the top of my lungs the moment she approached me.

I need to find an escape route. I'm not going through this again.

"Sweety, please just calm down, I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm just concerned about you. You're really weak," 

She's going to use my weakness to her advantage. I can't be at a disadvantage. I need something to defend myslelf... 

*spots a kitchen knife*

"No, stop! Put the knife down, please calm down. No harm is going to come to you I promise," the lady begged me.

"Stop talking! I don't want to hear anything from you. You're in with my mum and dad on this. You're just gonna let them use me again. You're gonna send me back to them. I'M NOT GOING BACK. NOT NOW. NOT EVER. I - "