Chapter 1

A Chance To Love

Author POV

"Ji Hyun, go and cook lunch now. Your dad and I are hungry," your mum said groggily as she pointed towards the kitchen.

Obediently, you walked to the kitchen to prepare for lunch. You started looking through the refrigerator and cupboards to see what was available for you to cook with. Unfortunately, there's not much that you can cook with as there were only the basics such as rice and some vegetables and a few eggs. You knew you couldn't cook a good dish with what was available but you dare not tell them that you had nothing to cook with as you knew what the repercussions were. You silently prayed that you parents were in a good mood and that they were gonna let you off this time around.

"What's this?! What is all this?? We gave you an hour to cook and you only have this prepared? You're so useless! Why didn't you just die when you were younger?" shouted your mum as she flung the dish towards you which caused the plate to break into pieces.

"Pick it up. Do you want me to step on the pieces and bleed to death?!" your mum shouted at you as she gave you a hard smack on the head.

Trying to hold back the tears, you silently nod but immediately went down to pick up the broken pieces of the plate. You were being careful and took your time to pick up the pieces when a hand just pushed your hands forward which caused your hand to bleed as it went past the broken piece of the plate. "Such a slow worker! You don't have all the time in the world to pick it up so hurry up!" yelled your mum while pushing your hand down to the broken pieces of the plate, despite your bleeding hand.

After clearing the broken plate pieces on the floor, you got some ointment for your hand and started to bandage your hand as the bleeding was quite bad but it didn't hurt. Its not the first time this has happened before so you were used to it. In fact, they were in quite a good mood today. Usually, you wouldn't have been let go that easily. This is nothing compared to the other wounds that you have. Wounds that would forever remind you of what life is for you here.

It had always been this way. Nothing you did could please them. Nothing was ever good enough. For as long as you could remember, this had been your life. You only completed school till high school and you weren't allowed to further your education even though you wanted to. You were never allowed to talk to anyone, never allowed to have friends over and never allowed to go out apart for school.

The beatings only got worse as you grew older. Sometimes you'd be beaten so bad till you fainted. You'd be left without food for days and when you do get food, its usually leftovers. When night comes, you get locked inside your room and only gets let out when the morning comes and you need to prepare breakfast.

You yearned for love from your parents. Parents who would love you whole heartedly. Parents who were supposed to protect you from all the evil in the world. But that never happened and it never will. You stopped hoping a long time ago. Now all that you hope for is a chance to escape from your parents.

-Night falls-

"It's now or never," you whispered to yourself.


So guys, its the end of the first chapter. Its not very exciting because I'm tryna give you guys a background info of your character but please do continue reading my story!! Please also leave your comments for me. Thanks guys :) See ya at the next chap!