Chapter 2

A Chance To Love

Your POV

Run Ji Hyun, run, this is the last time for you to be free.

Run, run for your life. Don't let him catch you.

Faster, run faster, find someone, anyone. Anyone who can get me out of this misery.

I can't run anymore. My legs are giving up on me. I don't see anyone. I've been running for so long. Its dark everywhere. I can feel myself slowing down. I feel that he's catching up to me. 

*tears starts rolling down your cheek, your vision blurs*

I.. I can't do this anymore. I.. I can't...

*starts to slow down, legs are about to give way and collapse to the ground* 

Oh, wait, is that a person? Is that someone?

"H..h..helpp.. H.. help," was all that I could say. But it was loud enough for him to turn around and look at me.

"Yes, help me, please."

"Are you okay? Miss, are you okay?" immediately I crashed into a tall, mysterious figure, with blonde hair and a lean body. 

"H.. h.. help me...." I said while panting, clutching on to his shirt to help me stand up while trying to catch my breath.

"Ji Hyunnnnnn!! Oh, well, thank.. thank you for finding my daughter. She... umm she.. always runs away in the middle of the night like this. Always. Now Ji Hyun, come back with appa, don't run away anymore. Ever. Come back now," dad said with his hands wide open as if welcoming me back into his arms, while grinning from ear to ear, with a look in his eye shot fear through my body. Anyone would be fooled by his gesture. Anyone but me. I've got my ticket out. I'm never going back. Never.

I clutched on to the mysterious guy's shirt and begged him not to let go of me. My words slurred as I'm crying as much as I can while shaking my head right and left to show that I don't want to go back. Not with him. 

"Please, no, don't.. don't fall for it. Don't let me go back. Not with him. Please," I said as I looked desperately into his eyes, pleading my case.


Kris POV

Wait. What's going on? One minute I'm on my way home and the other minute a girl's tugging on my shirt. I am not getting involved in this family's messed up situation. 

*tries to pull thee mysterious girl's hand from my shirt*

"Excuse me, can you please let go of my shirt?" I asked politely as I tried to push her hand away. 

She vigorously shakes her head and keeps clutching on to my shirt. Why won't she let go of me? 

As I'm trying to let her to let go of me, an older man came towards her and tells her to to come back home and stop ruuning away. Ahh, this girl is just running away from home. 

I gripped her hand a little tighter and starts to push her hands off my shirt.

"Sir, I'm so sorry, she just ran into me," I said as I gently pushed the girl back to him.

The girl gripped my hand so tight that and I struggled a little to let her go. Her eyes were pleading to me, as if begging me not to let her go. She was bawling her eyes out and saying things so fast that I couldn't understand all that she's saying. As I was going to let her go, I noticed some bruises on her hand, realising that her hands were bandaged. She must be in a lot of pain as she's gripping my hand so hard that blood was coming out. 

I looked further up and realised that there were scars and bruises on her hands, I couldn't really see the severity of them but something didn't seem right here. I mean, if she recently got injured badly, she should have been taken to the doctor's. Especially with her hand that's bleeding so badly.

"Your hand is bleeding, you should go to the doctor's and get that treated," I said to the two strangers standijg in front of me.

"Oh, its fine, just a small accident earlier, nothing serious," said the older man while he was trying to pull the girl away from me. He's pulling her a little too aggresively it seems. And the girl, something just doesn't seem right.

She looks unkempt, her clothes look old while the older man is dressed in nice clothes and well groomed.

"Umm why don't I take her to the doctor's? Its really not that far and I will pay for her medical bills. She doesn't look well," 

"Oh, no, its okay, I'll take care of it. Its really late at night and I don't want to trouble you," replied the old man as he tried to pull the girl towards him.

"No sir, really its okay, its just a few blocks down," I insisted.

"No. Its fine. Really, its fine," he said as he started pulling the girl harder, more and more by force.

"He's.. he's a-a-bu-bu-siveeeee.. Please, please help me," finally the girl said something and it suddenly dawned on me what she said. 

It explains her bruising, her running away, not wanting to go home. She needs help and its definitely not from him.

"Sir, I think you should move away now," I said sternly.

"Hey, who do you think you are?! I have the right to discipline my child and you're just a stranger. Mind your own business kid!" he shouted back at me.

As I yanked her away from the old man's grip, I said, "LEAVE. OR I'LL CALL THE POLICE."

"Get lost kid, no one tells me what to do'" and he swung up his fist towards me but I managed to dodge it quickly and pushed the girl further back behind me so she wouldn't get injured. 

Recovering quickly from my surprise, I swung my fist up and hit his chest and he let out a small shout. He shouldn't have messed with me. 


I'm sorry the update took super long guys! :( Just that a lot of things happened recently and I needed to get some time to digest everything and I was also busy with my final semester in school. I hope to be able to update for you guys more frequently. But in any case, thank you so so much for reading this and please feel free to share your thoughts with me on the story so far! See you in the next chap! ^^~