xxxxv - Really, really

Petrichor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Jongin dresses in the clothes given to us in between laughing at my reaction, he graciously offers the large bed to me saying that he'll use the convertible couch instead, settling himself onto the somewhat makeshift bed with an extra pillow and a woollen blanket he pulled from a closet.

I sigh and wonder if he'd be comfortable but soon my mind is flooded with thoughts about Chanyeol as I lay in the bed. Should I have run away like that? I toss around, trying to pull out as many reasons about why Chanyeol had withheld such a fact and coming up blank. I wonder why I like him so much and remember his cheeky grins, the way he looked at me, his warmth and how he knew me better than I did. I... miss him.

"Jongin, are you awake?" I call out, wondering if he could hear me all the way in the next room. When it's still silent, I sit up and make my way quietly out of the room. "Jongin?" I whisper.

There's a dim light on where Jongin is and by the time I peer around the couch, Jongin is already sitting up and scooting over, making space for me to sit down next to him. His phone screen lit up his soft smile in the dark as he pulls me to sit down when I stay standing there in a sort of daze.

"What brings you to this part of town?" He asks playfully, pulling the blanket over both our legs. "Wa-Wait, are you crying?" He backs up a bit, holding his phone a little higher to examine my face.

I touch my cheeks and feel the wet tracks down my skin. I frown and look at Jongin as his hands hover around trying to figure out why I'm crying. "I-I miss Chanyeol. But he lied to me. Why didn't he tell me sooner?" I sob, the tears flowing freely as Jongin pulls me into a hug and pats the back of my head.

"I never knew who my parents were for my entire life and thought they were dead. Now they tell me they're still alive?" I babble.

Jongin shushes me until my full blown crying session calmed into sniffling. "It's alright, I'm here," he whispers.

When I pull away, swiping at my tears with the hem of my shirt, he gets up, bringing back a glass of water and tissues. "Here," he says gently, pressing the glass firmly into my hand.

"Y'know, Chanyeol hasn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter