xiv - Superpowers

Petrichor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I knew it. He had totally tricked me - no, wait. I had simply just made my own assumptions again. But the least he could have done was not say we would go somewhere 'top secret'. 

Chanyeol walked ahead of me but I could hear him snickering to himself. Well, I have an imagination thank you very much, giant! I thought bitterly. I imagined penetrating through his back with my laser eyes. I watched triumphantly as he winced and rubbed his back. Ha!

He turned around and glared back at me playfully. I trotted up to him and pinched his cheek, "I didn't think it'd work!" I chuckled. Chanyeol just rubbed at his cheek and pinched the bridge of my nose. 

"Whatever," he muttered with a shrug. He just continued walking until we reached the elevators inside. "You can think what you like but um..." Chanyeol hesitated,  "My friends... just be wary of them."

I looked at him, a little miffed by what he meant. Maybe his friends had awesome powers too - like flying or elemental manipulation or my personal favourite, telekinesis. I just grinned to myself as the elevator arrived and the entire journey up to the right floor. I probably looked silly in his eyes.

Walking along the carpeted floors, Chanyeol barely even glanced at the door numbers. Of course he knows where he's going. The hallway looked no different from ones in other apartments with a grey carpeting, white lights and cream walls, and relatively clean. At regular intervals, there were the doors to the apartments, and occasionally, there were windows overlooking the outside - everything outside looked like a miniature version of itself. 

Chanyeol stopped suddenly and I ended up walking right into his back. He remained silent as he concentrated on something. I glanced back the way we had come and it turns out we had walked a fair bit and I hadn't noticed. Turning back around, I glanced from his side at what he was doing. 

He was just finishing up with the security - I think there was a hand scanner, retina scanner and a password input. Complicated, I thought, following Chanyeol through the threshold.

Once inside, it was like a whole other world. I assumed it still looked like the other apartments but the rooms were only barely lit by the screens of dozens of computers. Someone forgot to turn on the lights. It looked like something a technology geek would love. "Wow," I coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter