xiii - Wind

Petrichor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I checked my phone again for the time and wondered how much longer I had to wait. Chanyeol had promised me that today, he'll take me somewhere top secret. I don't know though, it could all just be a big joke, I thought with a frown. 

When I saw a tall figure running towards me in the distance, I could tell it was Chanyeol. His longs legs gave him away easily. He waved at me with a cheery hello before he stopped in front of me, doubled over and panting like a hyperactive dog. 

"Hey!" He protested, "I heard that! Why do you keep thinking I'm a dog?" Chanyeol scrunched his nose and crossed his arms indignantly. He stuck his chin in the air and looked away, "I'm not taking you anywhere if you keep thinking mean things!"

Somehow or other, I caught his stubbornness and ended up pouting, "Well, it's not like I'm the one who can read minds!" I muttered, just audible enough for Chanyeol to hear. I stuck out my tongue but then I saw the flash of his teeth when he suddenly whisked me off my feet. He grinned and began trotting away with me in his arms, earning the attention of other pedestrians.

"Yah!" I smacked his upper arm, "Put me down, giant!" He only grinned wider and ignored my pleas. I guess there's not much I could do; I mean I could but I shouldn't, unless I wanted to injure myself. With a resigned sigh, I simply frowned at him and did my best to hide my face from the curious passers-by. 

He finally put me down by a bike rack which piqued my interest as to how we would get to his 'top secret' place. "Are we-"

"No, we're not." Chanyeol had cut me off. He instead was putting on a helmet and stood beside a scooter. I couldn't help but burst out laughing at the sight. An extremely tall and somewhat lanky guy riding a scooter that he absolutely and completely dwarfed. How did he even fit his legs in? 

"Oh shut up. This isn't mine," he scowled. Now that's a first -  I'd never thought I would ever see him upset; Chanyeol is always so ridiculously happy. Even when he was sick a week ago. "It's my friend's.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter