xxxxiv - Re-evaluate

Petrichor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin teleports us to a nearby hotel that we had driven past on our way to the not-so-hidden laboratory. Still acting impulsively, I storm inside the hotel's lobby but end up frozen in place by just how fancy it looked for an out-of-the-way accommodation. It's not five star but it could be for all I cared in this terrible weather with the spacious and well-lit lobby furnished in a modern and sleek style.

I'm still dripping wet from my brief rain shower and Jongin tows me by the arm to the concierge. "We'd like a room please," he requests, giving the woman behind the desk a brilliant smile. Wait, a single room for the both of us?

"Wa- Jongin!" I begin to protest but I'm cut off when the woman speaks.

"We have a double bed room available, sir," she says after clicking around on the computer, "Is that suitable for you, sir, ma'am?"

Jongin nods and pays for the room with a card he fishes out from his coat. Somehow he had had time to grab his belongings before we left. "Also, please find us some dry clothes," he adds as an afterthought.

The woman nods, hands us a set of key-cards and tells us that the clothes will arrive at our room in an hour. Jongin proceeds to briskly tug me to the elevator and presses the button for our floor. Once the doors close, he turns to me with a wicked smile, "So, what are you planning?" He asks.

My eyes widen and I return his question, "What are you planning?"

"Oh nothing really. Just wondering... why the hell you ran away from Chanyeol?!" He asks loudly, a complete turn from his easy going manner just a mere second ago. He steps away and runs a hand through his hair, "God, and I had thought you were freaking in love with that guy, so I gave up on you and actually encouraged you to be with him."

I'm speechless. Staggering backwards, I grip at the railing inside the elevator, my legs feeling weak and wobbly like jelly. "What?" I managed to sputter. "What are you trying to say?"

Jongin lets out a groan and slams his hands down around me, effectively trapping me with his body. "Why did you run away?"

"Jongin... I-I," I start to say but thinking on it, I can't understand my own actions either. "Because he lied to me." It's the best answer I can come up with that's also conveniently the truth.

Daring to look up at his face, I can se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter