B1A4 Sandeul

Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Miss Average

Prompt used: We have so many needs in our life but the only need that we want most is to be NEEDED by someone we really NEED.

            What's special about me? I'm but an average, aren't I? Sometimes, she would find herself zoning out during her daily routines as she mentally asked herself those irrefutable questions. It was not just her height that was average. With the height of 160 cm, not too short and not to tall, she had dull features too. Her hair was never the straight type that would be softly blown by the wind. It wasn't the curls either that would compliment her pale lips that was always covered with glossy pink lipsticks. I'm not so dull, she would say an obvious lie to comfort her timid self. My eyes are round, making it look adorable. My nose are pointed, just like my grandfather's. My lips might be a bit pale but its shape compliments the rest of my face. My cheeks are a little chubby but that's what makes it squishy. My hair is wavy and frizzy but I can easily tie it into a messy bun. Overall, it isn't so dull, is it? However, at the end of the day, she was still that average person who would not stand out in a crowd, even if she would try put so much effort in her looks.

It wasn't that she hated herself. In fact, she would try from time to time to think positively of her average self. She would not need to be insecure about being surpassed on, because a bunch of others did already. She wouldn't need to worry about losing weight because no one ever thought that she had some figure to maintain. She wouldn't need to put so much effort in dressing up in the party because she would never be the star of the night even if she did. In the midnight ball that Cinderella had attended, the latter would be the protagonist and her step-sisters would be the antagonists. On the other hand, this average girl would be one of those princesses that had worn a long Victorian gown for the night that was made of expensive silk imported from a foreign country. The prince would be neither disappointed nor impressed in this average looking princess though. He would just ignore her because even if you flipped the world upside down, 180 degrees or 360, she would always be the side character.

"This is too much." Complaints would naturally come out of - something that wasn't written in the script but she just had to say something in order to fill the spaces when the 'protagonist' was zoning out in his own world. She used to do that thing a lot to, as often as the protagonist but none would notice her mind flying out of the room and into another planet called imagination. "Hey, Lee Junghwan" She turned her gaze to her best friend, the nerd of the class, who was lost in a daze as his eyes stared at the book while his mind travelling off to nowhere. Despite the loud voice of his best friend, he was too abstracted to even hear her voice. "Hey! Lee Junghwan! Junghwan, Junghwan" The side character didn't give up, even though it was not reasonable enough for her to continue. She had nothing important to say but she would chat with the guy who was obviously too busy in his world of imagination. Leaning closer to his ear, she said his name loud and clear. "Lee. Jung. Hwan."

"What?!" The other looked at her with an annoyed expression on his face. She giggled, observing the fair face of the other whose annoyed expression didn't ruin his handsomeness. This guy, Lee Junghwan, would always be perfect to be the protagonist of a drama or fanfiction, she would tell herself from time to time. He had the looks of perfection- anyone could tell. His personality was nice too since he was the type to think of others first before himself and he would protect the people important to him, He wasn't the famous kingka in the school, no, he wasn't that type of protagonist. He was the nerd in class- someone who would stand out even with the pair of spectacles that cover half of his face. "What was that about? You shouldn't shout in the library. That's against the rules."

"Well, you invited me here without planning to entertain me? All you did is open that book and be distracted." She answered in a cheeky manner. Her best friend frowned slightly, feeling guilty about the small matter he caused to the girl then bowed his head as an apology. "You don't need to apologize. You..." She squinted her eyes, watching the other's expression change to a puzzled one- something that seemed to be confused on whatever she was going to say. "You're hiding something from me, aren't you?" The other stayed silent, his expression showing that he was guilty of his best friend's accusation. "Oh, come on! You can't hide stuff from me. You're not really good at lying and your expression is showing it clearly." Junghwan avoided to look at her right in the eyes, aware that denying it would just make him more guilty. "You shouldn't lie to your friend, you know?"

"Fine." The male let out a soft sigh, fiddling his fingers before answering. "I started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter