SHINee

Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: The Doll Murderer

Prompt used: I may seem quiet and reserved, but if you mess with those I love, I will open up a world of crazy that will make your scariest nightmares seem like lollipops and ice cream.

            The loud sound of the axe hitting the huge wooden table was echoing around the huge mansion-like residence of an abandoned house. No one lived there. No one even dared to. Rumours were spreading across the neighbourhood; the doll murderer. According to the whispers of various people, the chain massacre suspect only intended to kill the ones that were good looking, the ones who would stand out in a crowded place. The rumours were all true. The police nor the greatest detectives had no lead in the investigation. No evidence was left in every crime scene. In fact, none were even certain if the crime scene they were thinking of was the real crime scene. The heads were cut off and the body were usually threw somewhere near the police station, as if the criminal were mocking them for not having any leads at all.

“You’re so beautiful, too beautiful for anyone’s good.” The deep voice of the man echoed along with the sounds of rain hitting the lifeless, headless body he was carrying. Carefully dropping off the “masterpiece” that he was holding by the police station, he smiled in satisfaction—the smile she had never seen. If only she was still here, he wouldn’t be the way he was. “If only you didn’t leave, no one else would have died. It’s your fault, dear.”

----

            It was another normal day for the two best friends, Kim Jonghyun and Kim Kibum. They were eating their ice creams as they walked next to each other at the park. For Kim Kibum, it was a normal day at least but not for Jonghyun for that day, he was planning to confess what he was hiding for a long time, his real feelings for his best friend. Things might either be awkward for the two them or it would be a start of something new, a relationship deeper than the one they had.

“Key…” Jonghyun finally spoke up, breaking the awkward silence that lingered upon them as they took a seat on a bench with the younger watching the kids who were playing with a small soccer ball. The other looked at him with his familiar soft smile visible on his lips. “Do you always eat like a kid or are you purposely smudging ice cream on your lips?”

“Hm, the latter, it’s fun to eat it this way.” Kibum replied, his lower lips and savouring the sweet taste of the vanilla ice cream he was eating. The guy beside him cracked into an awkward laugh as he did so.

“Oh, I see.” The latter replied, feeling awkward when the other suddenly stayed silent and turned his gaze back to the kids, who were still playing.

“Hyung,” Kibum turned his gaze at him with a slight pout. “Is there something wrong? I feel like something’s bothering you since recently. If there’s a problem, you can always tell me. I’m not your best friend for nothing. I can help you if you need me.”

“No, it’s nothing, really.” He answered with a meek smile. Things were about to go awkward when their other friend came. Minho, a slender guy with long legs walked towards them with face full of anxiety. Kibum’s brows furrowed as well as Jonghyun’s, immediately noticing that something was wrong. “What happened?”

“Taemin! Taemin! He’s murdered!” Minho cried out. Tears were falling bitterly down his cheeks as the other two watched with a frown. Jonghyun grew anguished, hearing what he said.

“What? Murdered? How? When?” He asked, standing up and making the taller guy seat on his place. The latter was still crying, as if not knowing what to do with his life after he lost such an important friend.

“I don’t know… I don’t know! He was there… He was just there but he disappeared during the night. This morning, he was gone. I don’t know. I was in panic… then, when I went to the police station, I saw his body… lifeless, beheaded. It’s my fault. I should have gone out with him. Maybe, just maybe, he’ll still be alive by now.” Minho was crying while the other two was still trying to comfort him in the best way they could although they were also upset and sad, hearing such bad news about their friend.

“The doll murderer” Jonghyun mumbled, being the person who knew the most things about the rumours that were spreading across their neighbourhood. From what he heard, the murderer would only murder women but it turned out those rumours were not all true. “He’s going to pay for this.”

“M-Minho, he’s in a better place now.” Kibum said, looking at his friend with worried eyes and patting his back.

“The head wasn’t found! I couldn’t protect him and now, I can’t even give him a proper burial. If, only if, if I knew something like this would happen, I would have protected him with all my best. Taemin, he’s like a real brother to me, to you, to all of us yet I failed to act my part.”

“It’s not your fault. Don’t blame yourself.” Kibum sighed heavily as he hugged the taller guy, patting his back gently as the latter kept on crying.

---

            That night,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter