BTS Jimin

Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: The Moon in a Dark Night Sky

Prompt used: A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

The two little kids, a male and a female, watched the ball that was being passed along the huge court during the finals of the National Basketball Association. It was 2002 NBA finals where Los Angeles Lakers and New Jersey Nets were fighting for victory. Since the Lakers won the first three games, the little boy was certain of their victory yet the little girl was somewhat hoping that the opposing team would win—just so the little boy wouldn’t be so proud of the team that he had been rooting for ever since they knew each other.

“Yes, yes!” Park Jimin, the little boy cheered as the Lakers won their third straight championship. “Awesome! Awesome!” The little girl, Park Haebyul simply watched him as he jumped around in front of the television screen. “I told you that they would win! I told you!”

“Blabla, I’m not listening” The other child covered both her ears which made the guy stop from jumping cheerfully and his lips curved into a frown. He walked over towards her to ruffle her hair that was in a fixed pigtails. “Heyyyy! You didn’t dare do that!” She shot him a glare but he stuck his little tongue out just to annoy her more. Then, there they went chasing each other like Tom and Jerry, playfully hitting each other each time. They had lots of things in common. That was why, like Jimin always thought, they were the best of friends.

However, as time flew by, two people of the opposite genders couldn’t stay in the innocence of spring forever. As fast as they grew up, they drifted apart, finding it awkward how the other was never exactly the same as the other one. They had too much in common but that was all in the past. They were still neighbours though—the only reason they could keep in touch despite the variety of peers around them. Every morning, they would see each other on the way to school. Each one would bid the other a good morning yet ignore the other the whole day. Jimin was in the basketball team with the position as the point guard while Haebyul was on the computer club, being good with technology and all. With their busy schedules as high school students, they would rarely have the time to chat with each other but whenever they did, they would be in their own different world.

“I heard you lost in your game.” Haebyul said as she felt the presence of Jimin, who was sitting beside her at the school’s soccer field. Her eyes were glued on the thick brown-coloured reader’s digest book that she was reading since the morning but her mind’s presence was on her surroundings, which was peacefully quiet at that time.

“Yes, unfortunately” He replied, laying down the clean-cut grasses and gazing up the clear sky. “If you only watched, you would have seen how good I did. The final scores difference is just two. The opposing team just got lucky this time. We’ll get them in the next game for sure.”

“I’m already used in watching you lose and it gets boring more often than not. I doubt that they won’t be ‘lucky’ in the next game though. When you’re the competition, the opposing team always has the luck.” She stuck her tongue out, mocking the guy who immediately shot her a playful glare.

“You weren’t there during my games, except from the first one. How are you supposed to know how awesome I am in basketball?” His gazed were turned to her with a cheeky grin. Her gaze was avoiding his. Meeting his eyes seemed really awkward for her. “I’m our teams’ most valuable player!”

“That’s exactly why you’re not awesome. There are a whole lot others who are way better than a conceited guy like you.” She smiled teasingly at him, contented that they even found some time talking to each other.

“At least, I have something to be conceited about. I’m handsome, tall, genius, a really athletic person--”

“Air head, conceited, cocky, annoying and talkative and I’m pretty sure you’re not that tall” She nodded to herself then laughed when he suddenly poked her side, feeling ticklish by his pokes.

“What did you just said, huh? Huh? Your mouth is getting harsher every day. I think I heard you saying something not good about me just now.” His grin was wide and cheeky as she jumped slightly as he poked her. She was trying to get a hold of his hand to stop the poking yet to no avail.

“Stop, stop! I didn’t say anything.” She said, still laughing hard even though he already stopped poking the moment she told him so. “You’re such a smart-, humble, silent and really tall” She mockingly said as she stood up, folding the book she was holding and grinning cheekily at him, her eyes forming a crescent shape as she did. “See you around” He simply rolled his eyes at her mocking and watched her bid good bye to him as she went outside the fields. He let out a soft sigh, closing his eyes as he enjoyed the breeze while thinking “She’s still that little girl.”

That night, Haebyul found herself locked inside her room, watching the third game of Chicago Bulls and Bucks in the 2015 playoffs. She watched as the player in the number 1 Jersey, Derrick Rose showed his amazing basketball skills during the game. She smiled, seeing the score because she was already quite sure that the Bulls would win their third win in the playoffs at that time. From what she heard from Jimin’s close friend, that friend of hers was a fan of Derrick Rose so she somehow wondered if he was watching the game live too. If only she was honest to herself or to what she really wanted, she would find a way to join a basketball team—even though there was no female basketball team in her school nor her place, which didn’t help her one bit in fulfilling what she had always dreamt of. She wanted to be a girl, a girly girl who was supposed to be gentle to everyone. No one would ever understand her way of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter