Chapter 22

But I Want To Be More Than Friends!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Back to Raerin's POV)

So Park Chanyeol has found out that I'm Aunt Agony... Eodeokke... My head was spinning round and round. And he probably only likes me because of the good advice I'm dispensing... I need to avoid him like the plague... But I feel my heart growing towards him... Ahh... What should I do!?

At times like these when I'm helpless and lost, the first person that comes to mind is Do Kyungsoo.

But alas, he doesn't know as well.

See, Raerin, trust you to keep secrets from your best friend.

I recalled the events that happened at the party. I totally need to make it up to him. Sheesh, I'm terrible, only thinking of him when I need him in my life. I totally don't deserve such a good man like him as my best friend, not at all.

And then in my head sprouted the biggest plan of the century, to matchmake him and Wendy.

He would definitely be indebted to me for it and all would be forgiven.

The cogs in my brain started to spin wildly as I concoted my lavish cupid's plan for the two of them.

Speak of the devil. Look who just texted me.

do_kyungsoo93: Hey.

deathrae: Soo! I was just thinking of you, I swear.

do_kyungsoo93: Ah, jeongmal? Wae?

deathrae: Ah it's nothing >< I wanted to make it up to you. Don't ever get the wrong idea, Soo, there's nnothing btw me & Jongin.

do_kyungsoo93: Let's just forget about that... Actually, I was thinking of you too.

do_kyungsoo93: Can I see you now?

deathrae: Ah, sure!

Without even bothering to tidy up my hair or change into a presentable set of clothes, I went downstairs to the common dorm room meeting area. I was shocked to see Kyungsoo still in his suit.

"You just got back?" 

Kyungsoo nodded. "Had to settle... some stuff." He didn't elaborate more.

"Anyway," I quickly added to brighten the atmosphere, "I wanted to say you look great in the suit. Wendy said so too."

Kyungsoo's face lit up promisingly. "Jeongmal?" He really looked happy, his full lips forming a heart shape once again and it brought relief to my weary heart. This may be the start of something new. "You looked really nice too. Different, but nice." But I dismissed the compliment in my head almost immediately, too eager to carry out my plan.

I nodded vigorously. "Yeah, Soo, I want to make it up to you, so will you be free tomorrow afternoon for lunch at The Loft?"

Kyungsoo looked taken in aback with surprise, but his smile only deepened. "Sure." 

I gave him a thumbs-up sign. "Excellento! We're cool now right?" I smiled in relief.

"Always been." Kyungsoo said cheerily and he really did seem to have put it all past him already.

If only he knew what I was planning... but technically I wasn't lying!!!!!!

All for the greater good, Raerin, I assured myself as I bade farewell to my newly reinstated best friend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Irene would totally kill me," Wendy panicked as I walked with her to The Loft, a quaint, sweet pastry cafe widely known as a couple date haunt.

"She doesn't own him," I scoffed, "Besides, you do like him do you?"

Wendy hesitated. "He's really cute and smart," she admitted and I felt my heartstrings being pulled. I dismissed them as a sense of motherly, BFF-ish protectiveness. "But ever since Irene staked her claim on him, I thought he was way out of my league."

"You're totally his type, babe." I assured her aggressively. "Just blame it all on me. Now go! I will be behind you, literally." I took my stake-out position at one of the tables at the outdoor section of the cafe as Wendy went in nervously. 

I spied Kyungsoo already sitting down (what, we were twenty minutes early!?) and daydreaming, gazing out of the window.

This reminde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter