Fun before duty

Find my heart

You walked back to the Kim's house, there was no one except the maids so you knew you could be alone without anyone asking you questions. The guy you just talked is Julien Yang, you used to fight for his father and for him as for the past 7 years, eventually he became like an older brother to you. People may think they used you but that's not the truth at all.

When you started to fight on the streets for money, you were just a kid so people frequently deceived you and got most of the money you would make in one night. Until Julien came along and saw you fighting and he recommended you to his father who also came to watch you fight.

After you won he gave his consent to Julien who went to you. He then saw a man trying to take more money than he deserved and he stopped him, he then offered to be your manager and since he gave your money back, you decided to accept to be only a fighter for his father, which meant you would fight with the opponent he chose but you never accepted being part of his gang.

He took good care of you , your sensei and your younger brother. That's right, you have a brother, not by blood of course. When you were 6 years old, you and your sensei were searching for food at the back of a restaurant, going through the trash like dog looking for something to eat when beside the dumpsters you found a little boy no more than 2 years old sittind down and playing with some rocks while wearing only a diaper that was calling to be changed and wrapped around a little blanket.

As soon as you looked into his eyes, you knew you couldn't leave him there, he needed help and you promised that you would help him so you did. You lifted him into your arms and brought him over to your sensei and after much begging from you and a cute load of aegyo from the baby, you managed to make him say yes and acept you to take care of the boy.

"What should we name him ?" Your sensei asked and you wondered until you noticed the little blanket he had and you noticed that on the bottom of the blanket, there was a few initials sewn in so you looked back to your sensei and smiled. "I'm going to call him..." A knock on the door awoke you from your day dream, you got up and went to open the door. It was Suho.

"Hey, what do you want Suho ?" You asked surprised he was there on your door. "Can I come in ?" He asked and you nodded making way for him to get inside your room. Once he did, you pulled the door and walked over towards him. "I think we need to talk about earlier." He said and you sighed. " Look, if you want an explanation about what happened early, I will not give one."

"All I can say is that being related to me in any way, being my brother or my friend is dangerous Suho. So for your safety as well as Sunny's, Taemin's and Dara's, it's better to stay away from me." You said. "What if we don't care ?" Someone said behind you and you turned around to see all 3 of them smiling at you. "What are you doing here ?" You asked.

"We came to see our friend who left us behind in what I would call a dramatic way." Sunny said smiling. "You saved me from humiliation against the school's most feared group without knowing me at all. I want a chance to do the same for you, Hyeri." Dara said with tears in her eyes. "We all don't care about this danger you're talking about, we only care about being your friend and that's what we are going to do even if you don't like it noona." Taemin said.

"Are you sure guys ? You still want to be my friends even knowing you could get hurt because of that ?" You asked one more time and they nodded. "You are part of the Resistance, it's our group's name, we made it on the way here. We thought since we are going against the Royals 9 we should name our team too. Do you like it ?" Sunny asked and you smiled nodding.

"Good because you're the leader. We voted and you won for unanimity so congratulations." She continued. "But as I was saying, we are sticking with you like a tattoo, you can't regret later, you were warned." You nodded again but this time with a thankful smile. "Thank you guys, it means a lot to me have friends like you." You said.

"Group hug." Taemin said and everyone enveloped you in a big bone crushing kind of hug. You laughed while they squeezed you, grateful for finding these people who didn't turn their back to you instead insisted on being your friend. You were beginning to feel happy knowing there's only one thing missing but not for long.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, you woke up like the day before and had breakfast, only that this time, Suho was with you. He decided to follow your routine so that you two would get closer. Soon, you two were ready for school and decided to go and fetch the others so that the five of you would go together and that's what you did.

"Hyeri ah ?" Dara said as the 5 of you made your way to school. "What is it ?" You turned towards her. "If you know how to fight, why did you let Seungri make you eat that food ?" She asked and everyone turned to you. "I don't fight if it can be avoided. Beside, Seungri and the rest of them are just rich kids who don't know the first thing about the real world. There was no reason to fight him." You explained.

"But you looked really cool yesterday, when you did that mortal flip noona. You're like Bruce Lee. Yah!" Taemin said trying to do a high kick only to fall on his and bring lots of laughter to all of you."Taemin, practice more the little scream okay ?" You said while he got up.

"Oh yeah ? I'll show you what I can do." He then started to walk faster towards you and suddenly you started to run with him following close behind Then Sunny, Dara and Suho tagged along after you two. All of you were laughing and running through the streets.

Soon, you were all getting close to school but you're all having so much fun, you didn't think twice  and all 5 of you entered the school running and laughing like crazy drawing the attention of everyone there including the R9 who were once again shocked since these kind of things never happened before. Everyone in the school came from rich families and 95% never truly knew what having fun is and seeing your group like that left everyone jealous.

"What is going on with that girl, Jonghyun ?" Kris asked." Is she the same girl from yesterday ? The one who ate the food from the floor ?" Chaerin asked. "Or the girls who knocked out five gorillas in less than 5 minutes ?" Minho finished while the silence remained there, as their leader kept watching the scene.

"What are they doing running around like that ?" Tiffany asked. "They are having fun, can't you see ?" Leo answered and they stayed quiet after that. You continued to run around like children in the playground. It was indeed really fun to be a normal teenager for a while.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day went with no encounter with the Royals 9, they didn't do anything to you or your friends so it was good. You and Suho came back home and after doing the homework went to play videogames on his room. He was beating you p in the game until he stopped the game and looked at you.

"Hyeri can I ask you a question ?" He said and you nodded. "What did that guy whispered to you yesterday ?" He asked and you stiffened. "What are you talking about Suho ?" You said and he explained. "When he hugged you, he said something to you I couldn't understand what he was saying . So what did he tell you ?" He said and you thought about telling him the truth but decided against it.

"He wished me good luck about this new life, just that." You explained and he believed it. Thankfully, he didn't ask anything else and you two resumed playing the video game until dinner time. You two were called to go have dinner. The game was paused and you two went downstairs towards the dinning room where your new parents and Jonghyn were already sited.

"Good evening Mom, Omma." Suho greeted Kahi and Jungah before turning to Jonghyun. "Good evening Jonghyun." He seated down. "Suho." He said. "Good evening, Jonghyun." You said to everyone. "Good evening son and good evening Hyeri." Kahi said and you nodded sitting down.

"So how was school today ? Jonghyun." Jungah asked and Jonghyun started to talk about his day at school. You ate considerably quickly exactly to avoid those questions and also because you had other plans for tonight. You finished and excuse yourself and went to your room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the clock ticked 2:20 in the morning, you woke up and sighed. It was time. You started to get ready and left the house quietly to avoid anyone seeing you leave the house and you did. Smoothly you climbed the walls and got out of the house, you wore your hoodie and started to walk for about 30 minutes until you reached the abandoned warehouse where the fight would happen.

You walked inside towards Julien. He smiled at you. "You're here." He said and you nodded. "I told you I'll be here besides I want to get this over with quickly so I don't have to come back again." You said and noticed that he shifted nervously and you knew what that meant right away. You sighed. "He didn't let me go, did he ?" You asked already knowing the answer.

"I'm sorry Hyeri. I tried to talk to Appa but he didn't let me finish. But there's only a couple of months before my birthday and he promised to let me take over the business and I promise that when I do, I'll free you, okay ? I swear I will but please just bear with me for a little longer, please." He said apologetically and you knew he was saying the truth so you nodded.

"I'll trust you Julien but it's going to be difficult to hide nay bruise for the next 10 months. Now I have parents who care about me, a brother friends. You need to  me with the bruises and the lies." You said and while he gave you the tape to wrap your hands like those boxer athletes. "Then, we need to make sure you don't get too injured like the last time or I will have to buy you a lot of make up for the bruises." He tried to joke around and you glared at him. "Sorry, my bad."

young%20y%20dangerous%20boxing%20girl girls-shredded-abs.jpg

"It's okay. Let's get this over with fast." You finished setting the tape and taking of your hood revealing a top and your abs, you gave it to Julien. You stepped onto the 'ring' and you saw your opponent. He was like a giant compared to you and you have 173 cm, he was muscular and he looked like he had a shock seeing you.

"You are the Ace everyone talks about ? You're just a kid and on top of that a girl. Hahaha. It must be a joke." He and his friends laughed. You stayed quiet, you never talked , you always kept quiet before any fight, it help to focus.

The bell rang and you started to walk around waiting for his attack. He kept smirking while you could only think about what Julien has told you. You were happy to be out but guess you were wrong. You didn't notice he coming until you felt a strong punch land on your eye knocking you to the ground while blood fell from a cut on your left eyebrow.

"Why don't you just quit kid ? This is a place for adults not a child and especially not a freaking little girl." He smirked than you looked at him, more like glared and stood up. "You should have quit." With that said, you attacked him and he dodged the first but not the second punch, since it's a no rule fight, you kicked his knee on the left side and he fell on his knee and you started to punch him, making him fall to the ground.

You got above him and just continued to throw punch after punch without stopping, he wasn't even defending himself anymore. You were just so angry and was taking out on him , your hands were already soaked in blood but you didn't stop until Julien pulled you away from the guy who was knocked out clod and bleeding considerably. He fainted but it wasn't so serious.

"Stop now Hyeri. You already won. Stop and calm down." He kept saying to you until you did calm down. You looked at your hands and saw the blood, you used the red tape exactly to mix with the blood, before looking back to Julien. "I'll wait until your birthday Julien but then I'm out and I wont care about anything else. Are we clear ?" You said angrily and he nodded the you started to take tape off your hands.

"Crystal clear. I swear to you on my life that is going to be the first thing I'll do when I'm the leader, okay ? Just wait a little more." You nodded and he walked you to the water bottle, you drank a little and washed your hand , it to wash someone's blood from your hand and you have lost count how many time you did. He helped cleaning and sewing the cut on your eyebrow.

You looked into the mirror and saw you would have a black eye and a cut so you started to think about what to say if someone asked. You thought about it a lot before deciding with which story you would go. You wore your hoodie and went with Julien to his car since he offered to give you a ride home since you were tired from the fight.

You arrived a little far from the house for the car not to be seen. "I need you to get a phone for me to contact you if you don't mind me calling your house." He joked. "Very funny Julien. I'll ask them for a phone and I'll call you to know about him, okay ?" He nodded and you climbed the wall again and got inside the house quietly avoiding the security cameras, you got back to your room without anyone noticing.

You went to your room and took a bath, changed your clothes back to your pajamas and went to sleep since you were really tired. You looked at the clock and it showed 4:15 am, in one hour and 45 minutes you would have to get up. So you prayed to sleep fast and it didn't take you 5 minutes to be sleeping, thinking about tomorrow and if people would believe your lie. Hopefully they would, at least that's what you hoped for.