sniffles - yoonmin

A Piece Of Chim-Chims

pairing: yoonmin (yoongi x jimin)
word count: - drabble like
genre: fluff - hybrid au
summary: Jimin's allergic to cats. he gets the sniffles when he's near them. Whenever he's with his new neighbor yoongi, he gets the sniffles.



There's a reason why Jimin doesn't own pets. He finds them annoyingly cute. Dogs he can handle. Rabbits he can handle. Cats? No way. Whenever one crosses his way, he can feel his eyes begin to water and his nose begins to sniffle. The ironic thing is though, he loves them.

The way how cats' ears perk up or the way that their tail sway- it's something intriguing. With dogs, you have something similar. But with a bunch of barking. No matter how cute the damn thing is- it's not up to Jimin's standards. Rabbits? They'd just runaway. That stupid cotton ball that you call it's tail is just 'puff puff puff'.

The male just wants to be content with some sort of pet. Which leads him to having a tank full of fish. It's not a small one, but it's quite big. There's a good handful of fish but it's still not enough for him. He wants something ‘new’. Maybe even someone.

Recently, someone had moved into the apartment complex he lived in. Jimin thought nothing of it really until he noticed that whenever he would walk pass that person, he would sneeze and get the sniffles. The male thought nothing of it. Nothing. At. All. Well, besides the fact that he would get the sniffles, maybe his new neighbor had a cat or something and had some of its hairs on him.

The two of them got to know each other. His name was Yoongi. A really, really good looking guy Jimin would say. Even though the other male wasn’t that much taller than him, he still thought the guy was attractive.

Jimin invited Yoongi over one time to hang out. When his neighbor was looking around and noticed the fishes he had, the guy would stop looking. Like it was the Mona Lisa or something. The two of them would play video games for a few hours and ordered pizza in. Jimin hadn’t had a great time in a while.

Of course there were a few sneezes here and there but it was probably just something that clung to Yoongi. Little did he know.

 

A few months had past and Yoongi and Jimin would hang out a lot.  Jimin found out that his new neighbor/friend was actually older than him by a few years. He would come up with these age jokes and tease the older male how old and ancient he was. Yoongi even asked the other out to this cafe. What he didn’t know it was a cat cafe. When they had gone inside, Jimin was trying not to sneeze so much. But he did get the sniffles.

 

Cats were coming towards Jimin and just rubbing against him. The male wanted to know what it would feel like to pet the cat and in return he got bit on the hand. Nothing major happened though. Just a tad bit itchy. He looked over to Yoongi and saw a bunch of them practically crawling all over him. ‘It looks like he’s enjoying himself’ Jimin thought.

 

The two of them went back to the apartment complex and went over to Yoongi’s place which was just a few doors before Jimin’s. When they got inside they were just sitting down on the sofa and relaxing. A little chit-chat never hurt nobody right?

 

“The cat’s looked like they loved you. They were all over you, literally” Jimin stated with a pout on his face.

The other male chuckled softly and shook his head. “Well, they do love me. What do you expect?”

“I didn’t even get to pet them! When I reached out to them, all they did was bite my hand” Jimin replied while looking at his hand that had a small bite mark on it before holding it out in front of Yoongi’s face.

Yoongi looked at the younger’s hand before taking hold of it, examining the mark. “Huh. Was the cat white?”

“Yeah.”

“Did it have orange spots on it?”

 

“Yeah- wait. That was most of the cats there!” Jimin exclaimed now having his eyebrows knitted together. Him being the slow one to process things, he noticed that Yoongi was still holding his hand but now rubbing small circles against the mark that he has.

“Well, I know that. Okay, did it have a red collar and bell on it?”

“Yeah…”

“That’s the unfriendly one.”

 

“How do you know?”

 

“It bit me one time too.”

Jimin was quiet. He blinked a few times and looked over to the older male, pulling his hand away but instead the hold on his hand never went away. “Liar. All of the cats were on you like it was nobody’s business. At least you got to pet them. I didn’t” He said and leaned back against the cushion.

“You really wanna know what it feels like to pet a cat?” Yoongi asked with his eyebrows raised, wanting to laugh at how the younger male was acting. Quite salty if you asked him.

As a response, he got a nod. “Don’t you have one yourself?”

“Wait what?” Now, Yoongi was confused. What did Jimin mean by ‘don’t you have one yourself?’ “I don’t have any cats…”

“What? But i always have the sniffles when I’m with you!” Jimin said, his voice going a pitch higher.

“Sniffles?” Yoongi snorted. “Are you allergic to cats or something?”

“... Yes…”

“You are? Huh. Never knew that.”

“it’s just a minor allergy, nothing big.”

“Then it shouldn’t be a big thing if I did this.”

“Did what-” As jimin asked, Yoongi pulled his beanie off of his head, showing off two ears that looked like a cat’s one. The younger male’s mouth was agape. The next thing  the older male did was that he took off his cardigan he was wearing and exposed a tail.

Now this was something Jimin never thought of at all. "Wait, what? Those are fake right?"

Yoongi's face held a 'are you serious' look. If the guy was into this sort of thing that's cool. Jimin can't judge. And he won't. It's just- what?

"Have you not heard of those hybrids? Half human half animal?"

"I- no? Yes? Umm... Yes. But I never thought those exist. You know, like a fairytale?" Jimin asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, we exist. Do you want to try?" Yoongi said bluntly. That was a character trait that the younger male thought was cool about the other.

"Try what?" Jimin asked uncertainly.

"Pet. I'm not the actual thing but I'm part of it" the other replied, leaning forward towards Jimin.

They were only a few inches apart now. The distance between them was quite close really. A few seconds had passed and it was quiet so it felt like an eternity before someone had broke it. "If you don't right now, i won't let you even look at them again"

"Fine, fine" Jimin said and reached his hand over and placed it on top of Yoongi's head.

In actuality, he was fascinated that there was an actual 'cat' in front of him. It's different. But different can be good too...Right?

As Jimin combed his fingers through the older's hair, it was soft. Really, really soft. His fingers would brush against the male's ears and it would twitch ever so slightly. Yoongi leaned into the male’s touch. His eyes were closed and was it a sight to see. The younger could feel his cheeks start to warm up and he lightly scratched the back of the other’s ear softly. He stopped after a few seconds and pulled his hand away.

Jimin wanted to ‘pet’ Yoongi more but, wouldn’t that be weird of some sort?

Of course not.

Because Yoongi wanted more. The affection he had just received was different from when they were in that cat cafe.

“Hey Jimin.” He said almost as a whisper but it was still audible to the younger male. Yoongi took hold of the other’s hands and placed it on top of his head. “More.”


Author notes: i wrote this in an instant. I'm sorry that i haven't gotten to other's requests. I'll try to get them done. i'm just swamped with school work and stuff. and i should update and give you guys some yoonmin trash. and yeah. hope you guys liked it. See you guys soon? i don't know.