Just A Little Fun - Jihope

A Piece Of Chim-Chims
"Smle now and then okay?"
Genre: Fluf


Jimin's that sort of guy that's a bit nerdy and shy. He has his good points too. For example his face. The way his eyes just turn into little slits as his lips just turn into a wide smile. Or his cheeks and how they're pudgy. To top it off it was his rectangular like, black-framed glasses that made him look endearing. That's what many people thought anyways. He didn't believe it, nor did he even want to. The male just thinks of himself as a normal kid.

During his free time, he rather stay at home playing video games or reading a book. Quite lame right? The kid wonders how in the world people would like him in any sort of way. But there he is, talking to his neighbor/friend-like person Hoseok that was a year older than him. Jimin didn't mind it of course. He just wondered why out of all people does his neighbor need to be talking to him when there are so many other attractive people out there in the school.

There those two were, sitting down outside of the cafeteria at a table made for two. Jimin had no interest in eating what today's lunch was. It was his book that he was holding in his hand that had held his attention. Or at least most of it anyways. His neighbor was sitting across from him, talking about a new dance that he was learning in class and how they were going to use it in the next dance concert. Hoseok had asked a question but received no answer from the younger. His eyebrows furrowed and he reached over, with his arm and poked the book that the younger was holding up in front of his face, hoping to get the ladders attention.

Jimin had almost lost his grip on his book when he felt the book and put it down on his lap. His eyes narrowed at the other. "What?" he asked, annoyance filling in his tone.

"I said, would you go to the dance concert to come support me?" Hoseok replied with a small smile, curving on his lips.

The younger shook his head and adjusted his glasses up afterwards. He looked down at his food which was mashed potatoes and turkey. Then he picked up his fork and slowly began to eat his lunch.

Hoseok's smile vanished and turned into a pout. "Why? It's free to enter. The dance routine is really cool ! I'm eve-"

"No." Jimin said after he swallowed his food and looked at his neighbor. "I don't want to. And I don't care. Now stop nagging" he continued and put his book into his backpack. Standing up now, he swung his backpack over his shoulder and looked at his watch. Afterwards, he picked up his lunch plate and threw it into the trash can that was behind him.

The bell rang and he made his way to his class, walking away from the older. Hoseok of course jogged after the younger. "Hey!" He shouted at Jimin before catching up to the male.

The younger huffed out air in irritation and side eyed the other who was now walking on the side of him. "Now what?" He said and looked straight forward again to make sure he wouldn't bump into anyone.

"Can you at least help me with Chemistry?" Hoseok asked and looked at Jimin before looking straight forward as well.

Despite age difference, those two were in the same science class. Jimin being the nerd he was excelled in classes, so he was just put into a higher class but still in the grade he should be in. The male thought about how he should answer and he decided to just nod his head in response. If this was a way to get Hoseok to stop nagging at him to go watch the dance concert then so be it. "Fine."

The older male smiled widely when he heard the response from the younger. He was overjoyed. Placing a hand on top of Jimin's head, he lightly ruffled his hair before saying "Thanks. Meet in front of the front gates after school then" he replied and pulled his hand away before making a turn to go to his own class.

The younger didn't say anything after that. He continued to walk to his class while he felt his cheeks started to heat up. "Stupid Hoseok." He mumbled to himself and placed his own hand on his hair, flattening out the strands.

It's not like Jimin didn't like Hoseok. He found the older annoying, yes. That didn't mean he didn't like him though. The way that the other would smile, make his heart flutter in a way that he's never felt before. Or how he would get his hair ruffled by Hoseok. Even just those small trivial things like getting poked on the cheek, getting a rolled up paper ball thrown at him from behind. Especially walking out of the apartment complex to see the older waiting for him outside and start blabbing about some random thing. The younger isn't much of a morning person but hearing the other's voice was like a morning coffee to someone.

By the time school had ended, Jimin was exhausted. Exhausted by the amount of notes he had taken from his history and english class. The kid just wanted to sleep. But he couldn't.

When he got to the front gates, he saw Hoseok talking to a few males. He assumed that they were his friends. Slowly he felt his self conscious downgrade a bit. His feet started to move slower towards his neighbor. Jimin didn't know why but he started to feel a bit anxious. 'They're just guys that go to ou- no they're not.' As he started to get closer, he noticed that those guys that were with the older weren't wearing the school uniform. The next thing the kid knew was that the older was waving over at him. Using his index finger, he pushed his glasses up to adjust them. He then took a deep breath and walked a bit faster towards the other and saw the guys that were talking to Hoseok look at him.

The younger bit the inside of his cheek as he felt like he was a tiny being, about to get trampled on. "U-Um.. H-Hi-" he started off really softly but got cut off by one of the other males.

"Who's this boy? A bit young don't you thi- ow!" The guy said but then yelped as he got a slap on the back of his head, glaring at who had slapped him which was the other guy that Jimin didn't know.

"Shut up stupid" he heard the stranger talk.

"He's my friend," Hoseok started with a chuckle following afterwards. "We're neighbors too."

The two strangers nodded their head. While one was rubbing the back of his head, the other spoke and waved. "Well man, don't forget to give a call. Okay? I'll see you later."

Hoseok nodded his head and the two guys walked away. He looked at Jimin who watched the other guys leave, dozing off at the same time. Furrowing his brows a bit, he lightly pinched the younger's cheek. "Hey, you alright?" He asked before lightly tugging at it.

The younger scrunched up his face when he felt a pinch on the cheek with a tug as well, trying to swat the hand away. A light blush crept on his cheeks and he immediately looked down to the cemented ground. "Y-Yeah. Just a bit tired, that's all" he replied softly and started walking towards the way to the bus stop while rubbing his cheek with the palm of his hand.

With a nod of the head, Hoseok followed and walked on the side of the other. As they walked to the bus stop, it was quiet for most of the part. Jimin didn't know what to say, let alone want to talk. The other was just looking around, thinking about what to say but had nothing in mind. A question popped up in the younger's mind though. He chewed on his bottom lip for a moment before turning his head towards to look at the other. "Who were those guys?"

This had caught the others attention. "Hm? Just a few friends," Hoseok replied with a smile. "Why?"

"Dunno" Jimin replied with a shrug and took his bus pass out of his wallet that was in his pocket.

The older chuckled and shook his head a little, also taking his bus pass out. "Alright"
When they got to the bus stop, the bus came not too long afterwards. Getting in, the two sat on the two seats by the window. Jimin sat closest to the window while Hoseok sat the farthest. It was about a thirty minute ride due to the traffic but that was the boring part. The interesting part of the bus ride was that the younger had fallen asleep against the older, his lips slightly parted along with his glasses a bit off. Hoseok couldn't help but smile at the sight of the other. 'How cute' he thought to himself admiring the other's face for a bit before noticing where they were at. He lightly shook the kid to wake him up. It took Jimin a while to wake up and realize how he had fallen asleep on the bus leaning against the older.

The younger pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and just sat straight up, looking out the window. A light pink color, dusting on his cheeks totally matched him on his face. Hoseok thought it did anyways. When it was their stop, the two males got off the bus and headed up to where their vicinity was. They started talking about random things. The older of the two started talking about how some person had made a smart remark back at the teacher and got himself sent to the office. Jimin just shook his head in response He didn't laugh or anything but just shook his head.

"Hey, you should try and smile now and then you know" Hoseok said while pinching the others cheek. This time though, it was the other cheek, not the one he pinched before. "I don't think I've ever seen you smile" he continued before smiling himself.

Jimin blinked a few times and shook his head while walking to the elevator that leads up. "I don't smile."

"How about laughing?" The older asked and stood next to the younger as they waited for the doors to open.

"Nope" The younger replied and shrugged his shoulders before entering. "I don't laugh or smile obviously" he said in a sarcastic tone.

"Well obviously. With a sour attitude like that, no wonder you never smile" Hoseok replied and got into the elevator as well, chuckling a bit. Earning a roll of the eyes from the other.

Hoseok pressed the button for his floor number and looked down to the ground while Jimin put his hands in his pockets. The older lived up on the eighth floor while the younger lived on the third floor. They both haven't been to each other's places before so this would be the first time. When the door opened, the older had stepped out first and waited for the other.

When Jimin got out, he looked at the other, wondering where they were going. Hoseok smiled warmly and turned his body along with gesturing the younger to follow him. When they got to his room, the older unlocked the door and walked in first. The younger followed afterwards and too his shoes off. His eyes looking around to see what is where, he noticed that there aren't many things

"So empty..." Jimin said aloud to himself.

"It is. I live here by myself," Hoseok said and turned his head to look at the other. "My parents are on business trips" he continued with a sad smile. He then turned around and gestured his hand. "Let's go to my room" he said and started walking.

The younger nodded his head and followed behind. For him it was somewhat similar to the older. He doesn't have a mom but his dad sure does work a lot and is hardly ever home so it's like he practically lives by himself. But he didn't need to tell Hoseok that yet anyways.

When they got to Hoseok's room, the older placed his bag down to the side and sat down in front of his bed. A table was in front of him. He then tapped the spot next to him and looked at the younger. With a smile he said "come sit here."

Jimin nodded his head and sat next to the other. Being only a few inches apart, he ped his backpack and took out his binder, laying it down on the table. "So what part in chem don't you get?" He asked while turning to his chemistry notes section.

"The part where you have to find the amount of grams when given grams" the older replied, taking his notes out as well.

"Okay so this is how you do it..." Jimin started off reading what the problem was. Step by step, he circled the elements that were being used, took out his calculator to find out what the molar mass of the element was, and made three parenthesis. "With each parenthesis it goes: molar mass of A, mole ratio, and molar mass of B" the younger continued and had a small smile starting to form on his lips. He liked talking about science, so this was somewhat of a no problem to him.

Hoseok noticed that the other had a smile on his face. Even though it was a really small one, it just made him warm on the inside. The guy liked the younger's smile.

When Jimin finished explaining on how to do the problem, the older gave it a try and finished it with ease. It's not that he didn't understand chemistry. He just wanted to hang out with the other outside of school. This was the only excuse to use.

The younger looked through the other's work he had to furrow his eyebrows a bit. It wasn't because the answer was wrong. It was correct but, it was perfectly done. 'How-' he thought in his mind. Jimin at least thought that Hoseok would get one, maybe two wrong. But they were all correct.

"I thought you said you didn't know how to do this?" Jimin asked and looked at the other with his head tilted to the side a bit. 

"Hm? I didn't. When you explained it, I understood pretty well" Hoseok replied, nudging his arm against the other softly before chuckling. "Maybe it was your voice that had caught my attention so I just had to keep listening?" he continued with a shrug. "You should be a teacher or something when you get older."

Jimin blinked a few times, staring at his friend with his mouth slightly agape. He could feel his ears turing red from listening to what the other had said. "U-Um... I don't think so" The male stuttered and looked down at his notes, rubbing the back of his nape with his hand. "My voice has nothing to deal with me helping you with homework, okay" He said and took out his math homework. Picking up his pencil he began to do the worksheet that had a few problems that had to be solved.

The older shook his head and placed his hand on the top of the other's head. At first the younger wasn't fazed. His body was still and he continued to do his math homework. Hoseok then started to ruffle the younger's hair, making the strands go all over the place. "Yah" He said and stopped ruffling the other's hair.

Jimin didn't respond to the other and continued to do his homework. 

"Jiminnie" Hoseok cooed out and lightly poked the younger's side.

In response, Jimin litterally flew his pencil out of his hand and turned his head with narrowed eyes. "What" he said in a low tone, obviously irritated.

The older looked at the younger with his lips pressed together, trying to hold in his laugh. He turned his head away from the other and let out a small laugh. "Your glasses though. They're crooked" Hoseok continued to speak and turned his head back to face Jimin. He reached his hands out and grabbed hold of the other's glasses and took them off.

The younger blinked a few times and jutted his lower lip out into a pout. He wanted his glasses back or else he couldn't see what's around him. "Give them back. I can't see without them" Jimin said and reached his hands out to the other, in attempt to retrieve his glasses. 

Hoseok just shook his head in response and held Jimin's glasses far away as possible. He wanted to play a small game and tease the younger. A smirk tugged at the corner of his lips and he quickly slid it under the table. The younger probably didn't notice because he was practically blind as a bat and was too busy on trying to reach for his glasses. Before the older could say anything though, Jimin had accidentally fell on top of the other, pushing him down on the ground. The males groaned from the colission and instantly, the younger sat straight up realising what had just happened. 

'Too close' He thought to himself and covered his eyes with his hands. His cheeks were also starting to warm up as well. Slowly the warmth just travelled around his body; he was embarrassed. "S-Sorry" He mummbled softly and peaked through his fingers to look at the other. 

Hoseok looked at the other and smiled genuinely. He scooted himself closer to the other and took hold of the other male's hands and pulled them away from his face. The male contineud to smile and leaned his face closer towards the other. Jimin's eyes widened from the hand grabbing and wanted to immediately pull his hands away, but he couldn't. The older refused to let go of the younger's hands. Hoseok quickly leaned in and kissed the younger's cheek softly and pulled away. "Stop being cute."

If his face couldn't get any redder than who knows. Jimin was basically a tomato. His mouth was open in shock. 'Did he just-'

His thoughts got interupted when the other spoke. "Sorry. Couldn't hep it though. Jimin you gotta stop being cute and while you're at it, loosen up a bit" Hoseok said and lightly pinched the younger's cheek.

"What-" Jimin now pulled his hands away from the other's hold and frowned a bit before flicking the other's forehead, earning a Hoseok whose face was scrunched up and hand rubbing it's forehead. "I am loose okay. And I am not cute whatsoever, what makes you think that" He literally spatted out and turned to his homework and picked up his pencil. He doesn't know what's going on in the other's mind but, he does know that he has to get his homeowrk done, pronto. At the same time though, a small smile was curving on his lips.

The older softly chuckled and watched the other do his homework and saw that smile on Jimin's lips. He thought he cold probably fall in love right then and there. "Then come support me at the dance concert."

Jimin was quiet for a bit, he didn't know what to say. Should he say yes? No? He already rejectred his friend earlier. There's always other things to do. Play video games of course. Read a book. 'No that's stupid' He knows that he's just making up excused to not go when he can. It's not like his parents would mind either. They probably won't even be home during that time anyways. "What time does it start?" He asked without looking back at the other and continued to do his homework.

"Five in the after- Are you coming?" Hoseok replied, a grin now on his face. 

"If you don't tell me what time it starts, I won't be able to make it" Jimin said and finished off the last problem and put his pencil down. Turning his head, he looked at the other with a lop sided smile. 

"Five p.m. at the Arena okay?" 

The younger nodded his head and immediately got a hug from the older, a rather tight one actually. "Oh my god, let me go now, or I'll die" He said in a rather out of breath matter.