Rollerblading is a No-No

What's French for Ew?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Subject: Thanks mucho!

From: NaminParis@staygold. com

To: Dhnam@mediev-l. co.uk

Date: 10 May 2015 12:47 am

 

 

I got the birthday card today, and please tell Mom thanks for the money. You and Mom might be ancient, but you’re still cool. Most of the time.

                Seungyoon got here today. Jinwoo and I will go to the train station to pick him up. He’s taking me to dinner tomorrow night at a really expensive restaurant, which is really awesome, don’t you think? And stop wrinkling your unibrow like I know you are—I’m not going to get drunk again, OK? So you don’t need to go blabbering to Mom every time. Sheesh! You make one little mistake and get stinking drunk, and you’re never allowed to forget it. I mean, really, isn’t it like, everyone's job to forgive and forget? It was perfect with the little brother love you got there with the card and then you go Parental-Unit on me with, Don’t get drunk again like you did last time you went to a party with Seungyoon.

                Well, I still got to thank you, though, and don’t forget to kiss Mom for me for the money. I need it. Raeryun’s baby stuff has cost more than I thought. See you in a week!

Taehyun

 

 

 

Subject: You are obsessed!

From: NaminParis@staygold. com

To: Hiphopbabylion@bbusan. com

Date: 10 May 2015 12:52 am

 

 

Thanks for the hottie birthday card; I loved it! I’m forwarding it to Lydia so she can print it out on the color ink-jet and for the gift certificate too. We’re going to the Megastore in a couple of days, so I’ll be able to use it then.

                And as for the condoms . . . um, excuse me, do I look like a ho? Cause you gave me enough for a whole army of gigolos! And who told you I was going to need them?

                Anyhoodles, I’m eighteen! Yay! I’m going to do it! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Will tell you more later, after the deed is done.

                I feel so worldly. I think I may write a poem or something.

 

 

Eighteen-year-old bro fists,

~Tae

 

 

 

Subject: Aw, Seungyoon!

From: NaminParis@staygold. com

To: KangYolongsy@britnet. co.uk

Date: 10 May 2015 9:36 am

 

 

Thank you gazillion times for the pretty custom-made necklace. It’s gorgeous! And you had the first letters of our last names in it, KN . . . its perfect! I love it! You’re just the sweetest thing on two legs! I’ll wear it tonight. I wish you could be here right now, it’s been a week and I already miss you. Call me fast as soon as you step on the Metro.

 

 

Loads and loads of kisses,

Taehyun

 

 

 

Subject: Re: SO . . . WHAT HAPPENED???

From: NaminParis@staygold. com

To: Hiphopbabylion@bbusan. com

Date: 11 May 2015 12:40 pm

 

 

Seunghoon wrote:

You have to tell me everything, EVERYTHING. Got it kid? Everything—what you did, and what he did, and what it felt like, and all that stuff that no one really tells you. You know I’m dead curious about these things (although I really have no interest in trying them since I got the hottest girlfriend and all, and I’m sounding like the big ert that I am right now but I’m a big handsome ert so I don’t care). Jinwoo was supposed to share with me last time but he backed out and got all embarrassed the last minute. Also, you’re my absolute best man in the whole world, so you HAVE to tell me. It’s law. So tell. Right now. I’m waiting. WHERE ARE YOU???

 

 

*happy contented cough “un-ized” cough sigh*

                I’m here. Yesterday was one of the best longest days of my life, and that includes the day in third grade when I was chosen to be the school’s representative for the spelling contest.

                OK, I’m not going to do any of that foreshadowing stuff that Mom says ruins surprises. I’m just going to tell it like it happened. All the mushy, y, steamy details.

                Oh, poop, that bit above is foreshadowing, isn’t it? Ha ha ha. Well, ignore it. Pretend I never said it. Yesterday started out real good. Donghyun/Mom, Lydia and Seungyoon sent me birthday cards with money which I got on Saturday because there’s no mail on Sunday, of course. Seungyoon sent me this absolutely gorgeous personalized necklace—I’ll get a pic of it when I go home. It’s really beautiful, and he sent a nice card with a kitten (he always tends to compare me to a cat) holding a cupcake, which seems to girly for my liking, but sweet nonetheless. I really missed him.

                We don’t have to do French Lessons on Sundays, so after breakfast I told Madame that I was leaving for the day. I didn’t tell her I wasn’t going to be back that night, because that’s, like, against the rules unless you have your parent’s permission, but I heard a couple of days ago that Madame and Pascal were going out to see her sick sister in Lyon (a town somewhere in France—don’t know quite where) and they wouldn’t be back until Monday. I had arranged it with Jinwoo so he would do the pillows-in-bed thing to make it look like I was in there in case someone checks. Clever, huh? (*flips hair*)

                “You are going by yourself?” Madame asked, all frowny and unhappy as she looked at me and Jinwoo. “I was not aware that you passed the survival French test yet.”

                I shrugged. “I haven’t, but my boyfriend, Seungyoon, speaks French really well. He has an uncle who lives in Marseilles and he comes over here a lot. We’re going to go on a canal tour today, then out to dinner for my birthday.” And later we were going to get busy with each other, but hey, if you think I told her that you’re nuttier than a nutball on a pile of but-crushed almonds!

                “Hmm. Your Mom, I take it that she knows of your plans? They have met this boyfriend named Seungyoon?” she said, her thin, almost vanishing eyebrows all raised with the word boyfriend, who is she to think that this hot piece of creation can’t get his überly hot piece of man in return?

                “Oh, yeah, lots of times. He’s been over to dinner four times. My mom likes him a lot.”

                “Hmm,” she said again, but evidently my “Little Innocent Taehyun with no plans to have with Seungyoon” face worked, because she just warned me to be back before curfew, and went off to line up the daily outings.

                “Come to my room before you go,” Jinwoo said in a whisper. “I have a birthday present for you.”

                “You didn’t have to,” I said, knowing that Jinwoo’s mom had to send him replacement money because he somehow lost his wallet and traveler’s check when he somehow got lost on his way to the Eiffel Tower.

                “I know, but I wanted to. It’s an exciting day!”

                “It will be later,” I whispered back, and we gave in and had a few whispery exchange until Madame glared a “shut up” glare at us.

                At the end of the breakfast, everyone stood up and sang “Happy Birthday” to me, wish was so embarrassing. I mean, what are you supposed to do while people are singing to you? I never know whether I should just stand there and smile gently, like I’m really touched they’re singing, or to join in and sing, too, which is just silly, because who sings Happy Birthday to themselves? Anywho, once the HB ordeal

Please log in to read the full chapter