Chapter 4

Green Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] GREEN ROSE [/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2] Meet all the random cameos I didn't plan for but showed up anyway lol. They're quite weird. I hope you enjoy them. Eeep! Looks like GR will be on a 3 week hiatus until I get back to my local time zone. Unni's going on vacation~ Enjoy chapter 4^^

In the mean time, if you like mystery/crime/thrillers do check out 'Cheque Mate.' And I will forever love anyone who looks fondly on 'The Emperor's Men'. <3

Also I at using layouts so if that first like looks extra black, it's not my fault >< [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]


I couldn’t breathe. I stared at the crushed bits that splashed like a fountain of ash.

 

“So tell us, do ya bleed or not?”

 

The amphibian like creature stabbed at the rotten apple, successfully snapping a worm in half. Using it as a fork, he lifted the apple into his mouth and chewed. I recoiled as flakes landed on my clothes and lowered my head to avoid being sprayed in the face.

 

“Ah, where are me manners?” He slapped his forehead and stuck out his tongue. On it was semi-devoured lumps. He picked them off and held it out in his meaty fist. “Would ya like some, lad?”

 

I coughed, unable to hold my breath any longer. Shaking my head I prayed he wound finish off the sickly, sweet smelling, vomit-like substance. My lips pursed.

 

“More fer me den.” He just shrugged and gobbled down.

 

Suddenly the door burst open and, I kid you not, Willy Wonka himself cat-walked in. “Shindong!” He exclaimed over cheerfully. Then his beady gaze fell on me and the clockwork in his head began to tick. “Is that a living one?”

 

“Dunno. He won’t tell us if he bleeds.”

 

Willy rolled his eyes unceremoniously. “You can always check.” He unscrewed the bobble of his cane to reveal a protruding blade. He it lovingly before his eyes pierced through me.

 

“I bleed!” I blurted before he could try something. I didn’t want to be poked and prodded like some boar at the hands of savages.

 

“He bleeds!” Willy shot Shindong a meaningful glance.

 

“Would ya like an apple Kyuhyun?” Shindong asked pulling one out of his pocket. Kyuhyun surveyed the wrinkled, fungus Shindong held and gave him a detestable glare when a worm poked its head. “Do you eat just anything?” Kyuhyun stabbed the thing with his spear-cane and inspected it thoroughly. “Stupid Vodyanoy! This is not an apple, it is a peach!”

 

I scrunched my brows wondering how on earth anyone could deduce the fossil the two weird men fought over. While they bickered I tried to free my hands from the armrests they were tied to. The binding was tough and there was barely space to resist. Frowning, I tried to get my feet free instead but that too was a futile feat.

 

I grimaced, sulking at my position.

 

Then, there came a blood-curdling scream. I inhaled sharply, recognizing it. I didn’t dare think who it belonged to incase my vision came true. Closing my eyes I prayed Hongbin was safely at the arcade where he said he would be.

 

Kyuhyun stuck a finger in his ear and shook it. “What a rude boy!” He removed his purple hat and fanned himself dramatically. “They are all so revolting!” Here he clucked his tongue and turned to me. “You included.”

 

“Ah here, he’s been nice enough now, to be fair on him.” Shindong sided.
 

“I hate humans. They are dastardly vermin. Alas, I am surrounded by these morons!” Kyuhyun plopped his hat back on and scratched his cheek with his spear. I gaped. There was no tearing skin, no blood, not even a scratch of red skin.

 

The door bust open once more and this time came an ogre. “This vixen is the last of them.” He hauled a young woman wearing a cap and threw her at Shindong’s feet. “Found her searching for these.” The ogre waved a purple plastic case reading ‘Always.’

 

I felt sorry for her when she turned beetroot. “Give me that back!” She hissed lurching for the packet of sanitary pads.

 

The ogre held it overhead and grappled her once again. To my surprise, she struggled with all her might. Wrestling her frail body against his mass. Although it was a useless battle that ended with her being tossed to Shindong, she still kicked and scratched to the bitter end.

 

Kyuhyun wrinkled his nose at her in disgust. More of the humans he hated had shown up. He waved his cane threateningly bellowing at the ogre, “Siwon you better not miss any more. I do not appreciate these vulgar things and I plaintively refuse to run into one.”

 

“Do you bleed?” Shindong asked her.

 

She spluttered mumbling incoherently pretending she didn’t hear a thing and I thanked Heaven for not being in her position. Kyuhyun’s cane cloncked Shindong right on the crown. He pointed to the sanitary pads and whacked Shindong once again making him cry out. The latter held his scalp crying, “What did I do?”

 

Kyuhyun scoffed, “’Do you bleed?’ Must you ask, you overgrown baboon?!” And to Siwon he commanded, “Tie her up!”

 

-

 

The perilous screams never ended. Once I thought it was the end another would rile up and echo the cell we’d been tossed in, that girl and I. I couldn’t make out her face. The visor of her cap hid it.

 

I could feel the tremors ringing through me. She didn’t even flinch. I wanted the company of someone every time footsteps neared. She stayed as still as a rock, unfazed and unaffected. I wanted someone to talk to but she didn’t even glance my way.

 

Our cell was small, smaller than the bathroom I had up in my cabin. Had our legs not been folded, we wouldn’t even be able to sit. The distance between us was quite close. There were only inches separating our toes. Her arms wrapped her knees, head inclined to stare at the flickering of light the candle outside gave.

 

“Hey,” I nudged her foot. “Do you have any idea what’s going on?”

 

She finally looked up. Her face, I recognized. It was the girl who’d saved me from being shark bait. She looked starkly different with her hair tucked into her hat.

 

“I’m not sure. One minute I was admiring the ball room, next…” She scrunched her brows. “I’m not crazy,” she mumbled more to herself than to me. Then she met my eyes once again. “Would you believe me if I told you the ball room transformed into a church?”

 

I blinked and she groaned.

 

“No, right? But, it changed. Then there was a whistle. I heard guns. I heard screaming. I thought we’d been captured by pirates so I went to hide and… I think you know the rest without me telling. I blame nature.”

 

“Erm…” I cleared my throat pondering how to continue this conversation politely. “They caught me too,” I said dumbly. ‘Way to be smooth Myungsoo.’

 

“Those bastards,” she muttered under her bre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter