Round 7

Knocked Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wu Yifan wanted to kick someone dead the minute he set foot at the arrival area of the airport. Camera lights streamed down like he was on some red carpet premiere and honestly, with the disastrous thoughts and impending headache, paparazzis are the last thing he would like to welcome him back to South Korea.

 

His phone rang, and when he noticed it was not his manager, finally he picked up. “Who the knew I was going back aside from you?” he gruffly whispered, walking through the crowd cautiously as he lack security unlike he’s previous arrival. He didn’t come prepared for this visit, obviously.

 

“I’m sorry, Ge. It got out of hand. I’ll explain later, I can’t go out. Meet me at the west parking lot.” Luhan apologized before cutting the call. Kris cursed inwardly as he made his way to the parking area. That pretty boy better have some good explanation for this, or else he’s dead.

 

Making his way to the parking lot has not been easy for the former leader of EXO-M. For starters, not only paparazzis decided to test his patience that day, but also some saesang fans. If it wasn’t for his tall built, he could have drowned in them. He bet that those crazy fans was one of the top reason why Luhan can’t leave the comfort of his car.

 

He practically shoved his way out. Thankfully, airport security aid for his escape as well. He made his exit in one piece and practically run his way to Luhan’s car the moment he recognized it.

 

“L-Let me explain,” Luhan swiftly stuttered as Kris entered the car, an air of evil with him. He knew someone like Kris Wu was someone you should not pissed off. He wasn’t ready to die yet. He was about to explain that he somehow accidentally slipped the news that Kris was going back, to Sehun and well, Sehun practically told everyone when Kris cut his thought.

 

“Where did you hear the news?” Kris asked seriously, dismissing the fact that Luhan’s cold sweat was literally visible to the eye. He couldn’t careless about the media now, or the fact that he’s not supposed to be in Korea and probably, trending on SNS that moment.

 

Not when his woman… No. Not his woman. Lee Chaerin was not his woman. What was she anyway? Why did he leave so thoughtlessly as soon as he heard about the news? Heck. It was not even remotely a news. It was a goddamn rumor!!

 

But…

 

“Well, that did it!” Chaerin gushed after emptying the glass, forcing a smile. “Let’s go.” She took a step, but Kris held her arm to stop. She stared back at him, frowning.

 

He was scared. Yes, a very unusual phenomenon, Wu Yi Fan was scared. Scared of what would her answer be, even though he hadn’t popped the question yet. But he needed to, so he gulped down all his inhibitions and stared directly at her eyes. Finding his voice, he asked.

 

“Are you pregnant?”

 

It might be some kind of troubling mistake. An accidental conclusion of what had happened before he left. But what if? What if his hunch back then was right? What?

 

“It has started on a forum, they said. Yang Hyun Suk-nim has already denied the rumor and said Sunbae is only preparing for his international promotion and is currently at the states for preparation. But despite that, the rumor was still publicized. Because of this, netizens began looking for news about sunbae but not even her instagram has been updated for the past weeks.” Luhan breathlessly filled in, starting the car.

 

The taller Chinese cursed to the wind, took out his phone and dialed for her number once again. But for the nth time, he was only sent to her voicemail.

 

Luhan flinched in terror and sorrow as Kris punched the bejesus out of his baby’s glove box. He could only pray it won’t leave a mark as he could not dare tell him off. No one provoked a furious dragon and lived to tell the story.

 

“Luhan…”

 

Luhan sweatdropped, even a simple address made him anxious. He somewhat started to get upset about his past action. Gulping, he croaked his words. “Y-yes, ge?”

 

“Drive to Hongdae,” Kris ordered.

 

Not even the winter breeze of Seoul can compare to the coldness of their former leader’s voice. Luhan shifted the turn signal and drive through the highway straight to Mopo-gu. He knew very well what Kris was up to.

 

YG Entertainment.

 

--====--

 

Lee Chaerin had just woke up when she heard the knock on her door. The nausea she was feeling has gone straight to hell and raised it. It felt like there’s no prenatal pills could help her ease the pain, and the sound of someone knocking on her door was making it more annoying. She stumbled her way, successfully thrashing everything on her path. She didn’t know where exactly to grasp; her throbbing head or the nearby wall.

 

The knocking ensued and the more it went, the more she felt like fainting. But she could hold for a moment to answer the door, just so the knocking would stop. Except, she wasn’t expecting the person standing at the other side of the door.

 

Okay.

 

She was kind of expecting him to come. She knew he was coming. She noticed the casting sun and the orange to purplish color of the clouds at the background. The . Her headache has knocked her out good, she literally slept the day.

 

“Hi.’ He said very serious. Too serious for her own safety as she thought.

 

She thought of the scene a million times earlier while she was still conscious; how to receive him, how to treat him, how to talk with him. But it all seemed to vanish from her mind. All her plans of action were gone. Poof! Gone.

 

“I-“

 

She couldn’t continue. If she opened , god knows what would come out of it; so she ran. The bathroom was too far away so she settled to her kitchen sink and vomited all that was left to her stomach, if there was any.

 

While the sounds of her throwing up resounded the whole house, G-Dragon did nothing but stood outside speechless.

 

After some seconds, she came back. The sight in front of him was frightening. CL was one of the fiercest woman she knew; and there she was, pale as a ghost, dark circles under her eyes and looked everything fragile.

 

“I’m sorry about that. Please come in,” CL forced a smile and turned to let her guest in. Only, she was not able to move anymore as her surrounding seemed to turned around her. She heard Jiyong call her name in urgency as everything went blank.

 

***

 

She woke up with the distinct smell of antiseptic and bleach. From her trance, she could hear Kwon Jiyong talking in English, followed by a voice she couldn’t distinguish. Acquainting with the blinding light, she slowly opened her eyes. She felt like all her strength had been drained away.

 

“Ji-“ she murmured, trying to lift her hand but failing miserably.

 

She saw a shadow rushed to her side, holding her hand in the process. “Chae. I’m here.” Kwon Jiyong spoke with all sincerity. His hands were cold, like how she knew it was. Yet she couldn’t help but felt warm inside and that’s when she noticed that tears were already spilling down her cheeks. She thought she could do it by herself.

 

She found out that it’s better to have someone.

 

***

 

CL could have sworn she could eat a whole restaurant as she munched through her chicken sandwich. Hell, she was starving. They were starving. She took a bite so messily that leaves and herbs were practically raining down to her hospital blanket. But she could not careless.

 

“Yah! No one is going to steal your food! Slow down, woman!” Jiyong scolded as soon as he came back with a basket of fruit and juice.

 

“I was hungry,” she said between

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter