Round 5

Knocked Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How about some whipped cream with it?” She asked and her stomach growled that made her giggle. “Good choice, even if I know you’ll sent it back later.” She laughed inwardly as she rolled her eyes, the sight of her future self sprawled next to a toilet bowl flashed momentarily on her brain.

 

Lee Chaerin had already made a solemn oath to cut on her diet. Not when she’s bearing a human inside her. She still really couldn’t comprehend the fact that she decided to keep the baby. And honestly, she found herself uncomfortable thinking too much about it. She just found herself laying on a hospital bed as three thoughts came to her mind.

 

No.

 

I can’t do it.

 

I don’t want to lose my baby.

 

And that’s it. She’s keeping the baby. But the innuendos that followed? Meh. She could just combine ignorance and apathy all together and summed up with frankly, I don’t care that I don’t know. She was knocked up and no longer had the desire to end the pregnancy. End of story. But no one could really deny the biggest problem of them all right? Wu Yi-

 

“Cut it!” She hissed, startling the small crowd of people following her on her shopping spree. Turning to them, she smiled sweetly and nodded her head while some swooned at how adorable she was. And she was for she was no longer the baddest female, CL. She was Lee pregnant Chaerin.

 

She consciously dismissed any idea that would make her remember about a certain dragon guy and continued on her search for her upcoming food . What was it with pregnant women that they just couldn’t pass a grocery aisle without grabbing some weird ? Lee Chaerin swore she had never seen a whipped cream, anchovies and pepper flavor nachos in one cart. And she could have swore as well that the idea of eating those three all together could make her puke her lungs but, no, it didn’t. Hormones, es.

 

So as she lined all her goods on the counter, you could just imagine the mixture of pure terror and weird confusion mixed on the cashier’s face and she scanned the barcode on the pile of never ending line of food and drinks. “Picnic with the girls?” She asked, forcing a smile.

 

“Nope. Storing for the apocalypse,” she answered flatly and then laughed. The girl on the counter laughed as well, she got her humor. But what she didn’t know that Chaerin was just being honest. For what was a better name for a raging Yang Hyun Suk with a mob of equally enraged fans? Hah. Might as well build that panic room.

 

Her purchases cost her about the same as her furry designer coat but whatevs, right? She had five of the mall’s lackey to help her get the bags to her ride. Soo Jun was just as evenly shocked as everyone. Lee Chaerin went it; and apparently, she brought half of the store when she got out. And not to mention, that they were mostly foods!

 

What’s with that box filled of nothing but whipped cream?

 

The majestic Rolls Royce Phantom was now crammed with box and bags that the female has no choice but to call for shotgun. That’s the only available seat aside from the driver’s anyway. After she gave (a rather generous) tip to each runners and shot a few pictures with them, the two left.

 

“I hope you’re not planning to consume all of those today,” Soo Jun said, and although Chaerin was focused on the road, she knew he was smirking.

 

“No. Just half of it. Other half would be tomorrow’s breakfast,” she grinned, feeling confident for her witty comebacks. She just heard him snorted, but she knew he was probably dying of laughter inside. Oh come on, she was hilarious. They didn’t need to make anymore conversation as the trip to her flat were short, abridged enough for those ice creams not to melt.

 

Once again, she needed an army to get her grocers from the car to her place, and the guards and staffs couldn’t remember a day that the baddest female ever noticed them, more thanked them. She showed her gratitude to Soo Jun as well, hinting that he could drive Minji to his sister’s Hanna’s Diner sometime in the future. She needed not to stop him from telling about what happened to Yang Hyun Suk. Chaerin was positively sure the news had already reached her Producer anyway and again, ignorance and apathy.

 

*****

 

She  wasn’t genuinely surprise to find her place empty, she left it that way, it should stay that way. However, she couldn’t remember purchasing a strawberry cake, and that Rilakkuma doll that had balloons on it was foreign to her sight. And why was the chains of her barricade cut off?! Something was up. And Lee Chaerin wasn’t liking it. She took a quick detour on her unit, checking if someone stolen something, or if Kri- someone was trying to surprise her, but everything was where it should be except for the cake on her kitchen’s table, the balloons and her refrigerator.

 

Refrigerator?

 

REFRIGERATOR?!!

 

The calling card! It was on the refrigerator! And it was now gone! Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. She made a quick movement to kneel and check under the compartment, maybe the paper fell down. None. . . . .

 

Chaerin’s hormonal brain was going overdrive. What if it was some paparazzi?! And they found the card! And check about it! And found that I’m pregnant! He’s gonna find out that I am pregnant! His fans would know that I’m pregnant! I’ll spend the rest of my days in prison while my baby feed on jail’s food…

 

Wait. WHAT?!

 

Okay. Deep Breath. Calm Down. You’re not going to some jailhouse because you’re pregnant. That’s stupid. You’re going to end up lockup if you commit murder, or steal, or breach a contract…

 

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. OH MY GOSH.

 

Thankfully, the beep of the unit door’s opening interrupted her from the pandemonium. Seriously, she could have had severe trauma if the mayhem continue for the next 10 seconds. Chaerin immediately peeked over her kitchen division to check who came to check on her.

 

It was Yang Hyun Suk.

 

.

 

*****

 

“Listen, Lee Chaerin.” He started sounding bothered. Really bothered. “I lifted off your dating bans with the promise that you would not neglect your work. With this situation, of course, I would not… I could not let you proceed with any of your projects.  You have your endorsements. You have your promotions. You could not just leave them without paying the price. That’s not how this industry go.”

 

“I..” Chaerin faltered, couldn’t really taste iced tea that she prepared for them. “I understand that. I’m willing to pay the price.”

 

Her producer took a deep breath, willing away his high blood pressure. “Okay. But you know that this would destroy you, right?”

 

She could already picture them. The media uproars, the disappointed fans, the multiple lawsuits, the betrayed members of 2NE1. Was it worth it?

 

“Yes. I understand.” it.

 

Yang Hyun Suk took a sigh for the nth time. It seemed that her mind has been made up, he thought he could at least, uh, make her think about the situation more but she seemed determine. He already picture himself getting bald with the next few months.

 

“This is all the boy’s fault.”

 

Chaerin couldn’t answer. She couldn’t really take all the blame, since basically without Kris’ chromosome, she wouldn’t get to this situation.

 

“Have you told him yet?”

 

The female perked up. “No!” Then she stared down, “And… and I don’t want him to know…”

 

“What?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter