Epilogue

The Wolf I've Become: The Unwanted

NOTE: Final chapter (obviously) and is written in Author's POV :)

---

Ibis Paris Bercy Village 12eme – Paris France
Three Months Later

“Taeyeon...

“Sweetheart...

“Tae...

“Taengoo. Yah...

 

 

 

“KIM TAEYEON IF YOU DON’T GET UP I’M GOING TO GIVE YOU AN ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE!”

In an instant, Taeyeon’s eyes popped open after her mother’s fifth attempt in trying to wake her heavy-sleeper of a daughter from her deep slumber. Taeyeon shot up from her lying position and stood on her bed---her both hands raised levelled with her head. “Okay, okay mom. I’m up, okay? I’m up.” Mrs. Kim slowly lowered the metal bucket on her hand that Taeyeon presumes containing ice cubes and water. Because when her mom makes a threat, it wasn’t always a joke.

Mrs. Kim removes her free hand from her hips and started walking back into the hallway behind her. “Get off and take a shower! Your flight’s two hours from now, and you aren’t even dressed yet!” Mrs. Kim yells at her daughter one more time before clanking of plates and utensils were the only sounds heard around Taeyeon’s occupied suite.

Taeyeon drops back down onto her bed with a bounce or two and stares at the ceiling with a goofy smile plastered on her face.

Two weeks had already passed since she left Seoul for Paris. It wasn’t permanent though. Taeyeon’s parents only asked her to stop by to get her a hands-on on their business (since she was graduating soon) and so she did; writing herself an excuse letter for two weeks of absence in school. And now, she was, of course, happy that she’ll be going back today because well... she’ll finally see her lovely mushroom Tiffany---who she sees and talks to almost every night in Skype anyways.

“TAEYEON!”

Hearing another round of yells from her mom, Taeyeon finally stands up and grabs the clothes she prepared for her departure from the armoire. She grabs a towel on a rack nearby and locks herself up inside the huge bathroom.

After exactly thirty minutes of scrubbing herself with a loofah sponge and singing ballad songs in the shower, Taeyeon gets herself ready for her flight and joins her parents on the mini-dining table first. “What time is it?” The petite girl asks her parents while pulling out a chair across her mother. Her father was seated at the head of the four-seat square glass table. “It’s only eleven.” Taeyeon dropped the fork back down on the placemat and stood up. “Why didn’t you tell me? You let me sit here and try to eat. Seriously, you guys are so evil.” Taeyeon went back to her room to get her luggage as her parents both laugh at her.

Taeyeon was halfway through the door when her phone rang inside her jeans’ back pocket. She swiped her thumb on the screen as she helps her parents in carrying her luggage. “Yo, who’s this?” She greeted the person on the other line. She immediately detached her phone from her ear as soon as the ‘loud’ voice greeted her in return. “YAH! YOU WERE ONLY GONE FOR TWO WEEKS AND YOU COULDN’T REMEMBER YOUR OWN GIRLFRIEND ANYMORE?!” Taeyeon gulped nervously as she finally check the caller ID.

My love <3
00:00:20

The werewolf immediately widened her eyes as she enters the elevator after her parents. Mr. Kim presses the ‘L’ button and they go down.

“Hehe... forgive me, my love. I was in a hurry and didn’t check the caller ID as I was expecting Xi Luhan. I’m so sorry, my love. Forgive me?” Taeyeon batted her eyelashes as if Tiffany could see her shameless attempt in aegyo. “Yah! Why are you being so formal all of a sudden? Are you on drugs?” Tiffany laughed heartily after that. Taeyeon laughed herself, and Mrs. Kim gave her lovesick daughter a smack on the head. Taeyeon glared at her mom. The mother and daughter were suddenly sticking out their tongues like kids bickering at a playground.

“Taetae, you still there?” And that ended the game. The elevator finally halts to a stop, and the family steps out into the hotel’s lobby. Taeyeon couldn’t just agree on staying at her parents’ house no matter how much her parents persuaded her. She said she wanted to give them their much needed 'privacy'. “Yep. Still here, my love.” The latter answers as her parents do the check out for her. Tiffany’s chuckle suddenly sounded from the other party. “Would you quit the ‘my love’ thing? It’s too sweet I’m dying here.” Taeyeon’s grin goes wide with the revelation. It’s only been a month since she started calling Tiffany the endearment. And it’s not like Tiffany didn’t liked it (she loves it to be perfectly honest) but it’s just, she’s still new to this thing called romantic relationships.

The Kim family finally leaves the hotel and Mr. Kim puts his daughter’s luggage at the back of their owned car as his wife and kid gets into the vehicle. It’s been a long long while since the three of them had been in Paris altogether---spending quality time like when Taeyeon was still a kid, and he was beyond happy to have Taeyeon here. But he knew soon enough, Taeyeon would leave and go back to the mainland. Because that’s where her friends are; that’s where her life is now. So it saddens him a little bit. He knows his wife feels the same. “Okay, we’re good.” He announces as soon as he slips into the driver’s seat. Taeyeon’s “What do you want me to call you then?” question on her phone greeted him instead.

Mr. Kim shook his head. He starts the engine. “Ahh... kids these days... so in love.” He says mostly to himself, but of course, Mrs. Kim (and probably Taeyeon) over heard it and smacks his arm. “Yah. We were like that too, you idiot.” Mrs. Kim says last, and they drove off.

“I don’t know. Anything but that.” Tiffany says from the other line. She was painting her fingernails at the moment, while watching the last episode of the season six of ‘The Vampire Diaries’. “Is that Nina Dobrev’s voice I’m hearing?” Taeyeon asks the obvious. Tiffany squeaks a laugh. “Yeah. I’m watching the reruns of the finale of the sixth season.” Then, just in an instant, Taeyeon thought of a name she could call her lover who’s a huge fan of these kind of... things.

“Do you want me to call you ‘Elena’ then?” The werewolf stifles a laugh.

Tiffany shakes her head on the other line as if Taeyeon could see her. She speaks again after blowing her nail arts dry. “No. You can’t call me that. Elena belongs to two persons: Stefan and Damon. And I only belong to you.” Taeyeon almost wanted to squeal. And if not for her parents being in the car with her right now, she would’ve screamed out the window. “Tsk. Says the girl who thinks I’m too sweet.” She breathes on the glass window and writes the hangul of their combined names before the moisture vanishes. “What? You ARE too sweet. And I guess that’s why I said ‘yes’. Because I love sweet things.” “Stop it. You’re making me in my pants.”

“Gross, Taeyeon. You’re so gross.” The vampire laughs again.

The two went silent for a while. The car finally stops on a parking lot. They were already in Charles De Gaulle (also known as Roissy) Airport, and that’s Taeyeon’s cue to bid goodbye. For now. “Fany-ah, I’ll see you tomorrow?” It takes about thirty seconds before Tiffany responds. “Yeah... see you tomorrow, mine.” Taeyeon’s grin was back immediately upon the endearment. “Okay. Bye, mon amour~” She said in fluent French accent. Of course, being a hundred year old vampire, Tiffany completely understood.

“YAH.” Taeyeon unleashes her powerful ahjumma laugh. It’s been a while since she last did it. “Okay, I need to go now. Just scold me when I get there. Love you~” “Oh I will. Love you too~” Silence filled the air of them two and Taeyeon thought Tiffany had already hung up on her.

My love <3
00:35:21

“My love, hang up already.”

“Okay, okay. I’m hanging up. Haha. Bye~”

Taeyeon giggles. “Bye~” And then, the call finally ended for real. “Are you sure you can fly by yourself?” Mr. Kim asks his daughter as soon as the girl’s luggage were already in place on an airport trolley. Taeyeon chuckles at her forever-worried-dad of hers. She pats the older werewolf on his biceps. “I’ll be fine, dad. I’m already twenty-one. And I’m sure I’ll be staying that way for as long as I live, which is forever, so no need to worry.” She half-jokingly said. “Just take care, okay?” Mr. Kim pulls his daughter in an embrace and places a kiss on his little girl’s forehead. Mrs. Kim does the same as her husband. “Send our regards to Miyoung dear.” Taeyeon nodded once, and pulls her parents in for one last hug. “I’ll see you guys soon.”

One last peck on the forehead from Mr. Kim and Taeyeon was lost inside the huge airport. She sends a group message to her friends.

To: Lulu, Bambi, Yul, My love, Juhyunnie, Shika, Stickshin, Hyo, Soonkyu

Gays! I’m on my way home! Booyah! XD

She giggles to herself afterwards. After two weeks of not seeing her friends, she does sure miss them a lot. Especially that specific girl with a winning eye-smile and a sweet husky voice. Just a little difference when she went missing for whole six months. Taeyeon sat down on a nearby bench, waiting for boarding. Her phone beeped in her hand.

From: Yul

Ugh! Finally! I’m having major major difficulties in our math quiz next week and Sica wasn’t of any help. She always gets me distracted~

 

 

From: Bambi

Unnie~ Hurry up. Juhyun’s killing me with training! Uwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T^T

 

 

From: Stickshin

Yah! Don’t forget my croissants!

 

 

Taeyeon snorted at her phone until the last of the messages just in time that a signature ding resounded around the airport. “All passengers boarding Air France 264 to Seoul, South Korea, please proceed to gate K21. Thank you.” She stood up and swung her bag over her shoulders and started going to the designated gate for Air France. She was on the verge of replying to her friends when something---rather, someone accidentally bumped onto her from behind.

It was a good thing Taeyeon had some strong sense of balance, or else, she would’ve stumbled to the floor. Instinctively, Taeyeon turns her torso around to see the culprit who just bumped into her. Five boys greeted her sight. It was kind of amusing how she felt they look awfully... familiar. The boy who bumped into her immediately bowed several times while saying ‘sorry’ as well. “Oh miss, I’m so sorry. I wasn’t looking my way, I’m sorry.” The boy chanted over and over and Taeyeon was starstrucked---both with his outer features and his adorable British accent.

Taeyeon finally awoke from her trance. “Oh no, it’s okay. It’s okay.” She murmured in rocky English while bowing as well. The boy smiles at her, and she lets out a small but polite one in return. And just as when she was about to walk away from the scene, another one of the five boys stepped forward and squinted his eyes at the petite girl before them. He was the group’s leader, Taeyeon presumed. “You’re a... you’re a lycanthrope, aren’t you?”

Taeyeon’s breath hitched. ‘How did he know? Is he... Are they...’

Before Taeyeon could respond, one of the boys spoke up. “Hey, can we talk inside the plane? We’re going to miss our flight.” He says. And Taeyeon remembers her own flight to catch. She cleared and confirmed her hunch. “Are you guys on the same flight with me? Air France 264?” Though, Taeyeon barely understood her own English, the boys caught up on it in a heartbeat. “Yes. Yes, we are.” The boys’ leader says, and Taeyeon was beyond astonished when he spoke in fluent Korean like he immediately knew her nationality. For most people, she could’ve looked like either Japanese, or Chinese.

‘Okay. Okay. Maybe they aren’t mundane too.’

“Let’s go?” The boy who bumped Taeyeon earlier urged the whole group. And they started walking with Taeyeon ahead of the boys (completely looking like the eldest leading her younger brothers) Taeyeon couldn’t decipher why she was actually talking to them when she barely knew them. But it’s just there’s something about these boys looking like they had something to do with her.

“So, you’re from Seoul?” One of the five boys asked the moment they got in the plane. This guy was blonde, had several freckles on his face, and a little bit shorter than the other four. But of course, he was still A LOT taller than Taeyeon would ever be. Sooyoung was almost as tall as him.

“Yeah.” The werewolf answers with a sly smile. Of course, she wasn’t still comfortable around them even if they already admitted that they ARE indeed vampires. Because the last time she trusted vampires other than the Jungs, it didn’t end that well. “You’re from the UK?” Taeyeon asked. She thank God that these guys could speak Korean because she didn’t knew where she placed her dictionary.

The blonde boy finally sat down after getting his and Taeyeon’s bags inside the plane’s overhead bin. Taeyeon sat on her seat just beside the boy. They were in the Business class, and it’s some damn coincidence for the boys to have the same seats. Taeyeon was utterly confused.

“Yep. From Winchester.” The boy answers, and something clicks inside Taeyeon’s brain. ‘Winchester? Wasn’t Seohyun supposed to go there three months ago?’ After a few minutes, it finally dawned to her. She leaned in close enough to whisper to him. The blonde boy lend his ear to the girl. “Are you, by any chance, from the head vampire institute?” The boy gasped dramatically. “How did you know?” He whispered back. Taeyeon spaced out for a moment, and at that same split second, the boy beside her realized something too. “Wait. You were the werewolf in the battle in the Philippines?”

Again, Taeyeon stared at him with wide eyes. “H-How did you know about that?”

“So, it is you! Then, you must know Jung Sooyeon, Jung Miyoung, and Jung Juhyun?”

Taeyeon kept her eyes widened.

‘Okay. That wasn’t really what I was expecting.’

---

NOTE: Okay, so basically, I don't exactly know what I just wrote. But I had to finish this so I could start the sequel. LOL But thank you so much for the support here even though I know most of you are confused.

Haha that's all for now, folks! Stay tuned for 'The Unloved' ~ ^^