Prologue: The Unwanted

The Wolf I've Become: The Unwanted

Seoul, South Korea
Goryeo University

Taeyeon walked through the campus’ hallway, a book in hand, earphones plugged in her ears, as she headed towards the school's main library to study. It was the final week of the last semester of the school year. They were finally becoming juniors in the next three months, and they couldn't have been more excited. Especially her friend Yuri, who did nothing but spend all day watching out for her crush, Park Shinhye.

The math-wiz nearly stumbled over when she felt a body collided with her back. She cursed in her mind and abruptly turned to see the grinning culprit. Yuri’s grin grew even wider when she saw her friend’s displeased expression plastered on her face. “Kwon Yuri! Could you not?!” The midget groaned and knocked her friend’s head harder than usual. “Ah!” Yuri gripped her head and pouted. Taeyeon rolled her eyes and started walking again.

The tanned girl quickly caught up in four quick strides, and was grinning again. Noticing this odd behaviour of her friend, Taeyeon decided to remove her earphones and slid her book inside her backpack. “Shoot.” “I asked Shinhye out. She said yes!” Yuri pumped her fists in the air. Taeyeon could only stare at the younger girl weirdly. As expected, if Yuri was abnormally happy on a normal school day like today, it all comes down on a single reason: Shinhye.

Only God knows much Yuri liked the girl ever since their high school years. And during those times (even until now) Taeyeon always finds herself covering her ears because Kwon Yuri doesn’t know how to stop blabbering about her crush. About how beautiful and talented she is. Psh.

“You bribed her, didn’t you?” Taeyeon held in an award-winning ahjumma laugh. She swung the door that lead inside the school library and walked inside first. Yuri was right behind her, frowning. “Yah! Couldn’t you at least be happy for me?” She shot at her friend. They were both walking towards the back of the library, which was their favourite spot almost everyone in their section knows it belongs to the three of them.

They passed several bookshelves and computer desks until Taeyeon makes a swift turn to the left and their table finally popped into view.

Taeyeon unlatches her backpack from her back and throws it on top of the cedar table. She gathered the wooden chairs in a straight line and lied on her back. These final exams were seriously killing her to the core. She was a bright student, sure. But that doesn't mean she don't feel the numbers and the letters eat up her whole brain, and soon, her other internal organs. She heard a shuffle across from her and assumes that Yuri finally settled down. “Yah.” The tanned girl started. Taeyeon covered her eyes with her right arm. “Are you really going to take a nap here?” Yuri sighed.

“What do you want me to do? Pop up a confetti and celebrate?” Taeyeon still had her eyes closed, but wasn’t really intending on falling asleep. She just wanted to take her brain for a quick break.

“Well... yeah?” Yuri chuckled. She opened her bag and fished out her pink Samsung notebook. She was in the midst of finishing a biology book report when her phone vibrated non-stop on the table. She didn’t pick it up and only glanced at the caller ID. It read ‘Yoong’.

Yuri shrugged it off and continued typing on her notebook. Her phone vibrated once again, and this time, Taeyeon sat up and grabbed the kkab’s phone. She swiped the green button without looking at the caller and put it to her ear. “WHAT?!” She almost shouted. Yuri stared at her confusingly. Was Taeyeon PMS-ing? Again?

“What??” Taeyeon repeated, but in a calmer tone. She looked at Yuri with widened eyes. The younger of the two was frozen on her spot by the look her friend was giving her at the moment. The two broke the eye contact when Taeyeon says the words, “Alright, alright. We’ll be there.” Taeyeon shuts off Yuri’s Blackberry Z10 and tosses it back to the owner. She grabbed her bag from the table and beckoned Yuri to pack up and follow her suit. Yuri had only caught up with the hurried words,

“Yoona’s in trouble.”

 

 

 

Football Field

Yoona spitted blood from as she push herself up from the grass of the field. She dusted off her clothes and turned back to the guy who just landed his fist across her face. She wiped the corner of her lips with the back of her index finger. She scoffed at their school’s quarter back.

He was tall, lean. He had white complexion and muscles outlined his body. Basically, Yoona stood no chance against him. But since she was in the track and field team, she had had some of those defined muscles too. She wouldn’t be ‘Him Yoona’ for nothing, you know.

“Is that all you got?” Yoona challenged.

If Harry Potter had Voldermort as a mortal enemy. Tris has Jeanine killing off divergents like her. Katniss has President Snow destroying the Panems. And the Cullens has the Volturi tearing of every one of them. Then, Yoona has this piece of d*ck always trying to kick her a** all the time ever since forever. And now that the guy had found out she’d had hots for his girlfriend (who appears to be the cheer captain) then, there’s no stopping him from ripping Yoona’s body parts apart and burning them.

Yoona did it on purpose---kissing Uee on the cheek while Eunhyuk was walking towards his flirty girlfriend. She wanted to get back at him for humiliating her in front of the class last week, and so many other things she wanted to take vengeance for. Now that she had him like this---jealous and fuming with embarrassment because his teammates saw what the doe-eyed girl did---she wasn’t gonna let him win. Never.

Eunhyuk clenched his fist and flung it hard towards Yoona’s face, but the girl had ducked her head expertly and kicked him in the guts with her knee. Eunhyuk doubled over clutching on his manhood as he groan in pain. Yoona took this as an opportunity to box him out and teach him the lesson ‘Never mess with Im Yoona again or you’re dead’. The doe-eyed released a hard punch across the football player’s face that resulted in him landing onto his back. He was now clutching on his bleeding nose.

Yoona pumped her fists in the air, and the crowd that seemed to surround their little mixed martial arts tournament cheered, clapped, and whistled wildly. Even Eunhyuk’s own minions was cheering along. Uee was there too---staring at her boyfriend still lying on the ground with disbelief. How could a girl actually outrun a guy like him?

The doe-eyed girl was busy giving high-fives to the people around her, that she didn’t notice her opponent was slowly getting back on his feet. The people alarmed her when it was too late. Eunhyuk tackled the girl to the ground and was now straddling her---his hands closed up on the younger girl’s neck. Yoona used her hands to push the player’s chin upwards, making him disoriented somehow. The crowd was cheering loudly by now. But the event was quickly cut off when an arm was suddenly wrapped around Eunhyuk’s neck.

Yuri pulled the guy off her friend, and threw him back to the ground. She helped Yoona up on her feet. Taeyeon was in front of the two, constantly shoving the football player by his chest whenever he tries to lunge for Yoona. The last attempt did it for Taeyeon. She threw a hard blow on his abdomen and his face. He fell to the ground again, groaning in deep pain. And in frustration. He was known as a tough guy. He was supposed to win this. What was happening to him?

“What’s going on here??”

The crowd immediately banished from the ones involved in the fight that had happened just now. Taeyeon, Yuri, Yoona, Eunhyuk, and Uee were the only ones who didn’t move from their spots. The school’s disciplinary council head, along with two other professors and the principal, all had their arms crossed by their chests. “You guys again?!” Ms. Jung---the discipline council head---exclaimed in aggravation as she stared one by one at the students in front of her. Eunhyuk was standing up and attempted to run away, but Taeyeon caught the back collar of his shirt.

“In my office! NOW!”

The five the students sighed and followed their professors with slumped shoulders and lowered heads. Here comes trouble~

“Hyukjae started it.” Yoona says and points towards her mortal enemy as soon as they’ve entered the principal’s office and the door shut close. For one second, Taeyeon felt like they were in high school all over again. With troubles here and there, and they spend hours in detention almost everyday. The eldest in their group, face-palmed and sighed exasperatedly. There was only one week left in their sophomore year, and yet, here they were.

Eunhyuk tried to grab the doe-eyed girl’s collar when Yuri stomped on his foot too hard and he stumbled forward landing onto the principal’s table. Mr. Lee---the school principal---scratched his head and heaved a deep sigh. “Couldn’t you just spend the whole year without getting into trouble?” He looked from Uee, to Eunhyuk, to Yuri, to Taeyeon, and he settles them eyeballs to their track and field star---Yoona. “Especially you.”

Yoona opened to defend herself when Eunhyuk cut her off abruptly. “Well, if she isn’t that much of a b*tch, then, this wouldn’t have happened!”

Yuri immediately wrapped her arms around her friend when the latter was about to throw herself towards the player that would push them down into deeper trouble than they already were in. She covered Yoona’s blabbering mouth with the palm of her hand, and the girl was still throwing incoherent curses. Taeyeon shoved Eunhyuk on the side with one hand because the guy kept on trying to grab hold of her friend.

“Sir,” She started. “Is there any way we can settle this?” Mr. Lee breathed out an amount of air before he shook his head slowly. The rest of the people in the office froze. “I’m sorry, Taeyeon. But the four of you already had numerous bad records and I won’t tolerate this anymore.” Taeyeon knew that when Mr. Lee comes up with a decision such as this, she knew it was final and there’s no use arguing anymore. She nodded her head once, twice.

“Okay, sir.”

The school’s principal sees his students out of the office. “I’ll give you the rest of the week to finish your finals, then, you can go back and fill the exit documents.” Taeyeon nodded again and let out a weak smile.

“I’m really sorry. You are great students. But I think the four of you staying in one institute isn’t the best way.” Only receiving polite nods from his students, Mr. Lee finally goes back inside his office, leaving the five figures standing just outside the door.

Eunhyuk abruptly turned to three girls who just knocked him out earlier and embarrassed him at the same time. “Look at what you’ve done! You got me expelled! This isn’t fair! You three douchebags get to finish the whole week, but I get expelled right away?! YAH!”

Yuri didn’t think twice and landed her clenched fist on Eunhyuk’s bruised face. Eunhyuk stumbled backwards and held his bleeding nose for the second time. Who cares if the principal sees them in a fight again? They only had a week left anyways. And besides, Eunhyuk was already expelled. “Hyuk, stop it!” Uee dragged her boyfriend by the arm, not forgetting to bow and apologize to the other three before they walked off. Eunhyuk threw spiteful remarks on the way until Uee covered his mouth with her hand.

The three girls stood in the middle of the hallway, listening to the school bell ring continuously. Finally, Yoona mustered up the courage to speak. She wasn’t afraid of those stupid football players always trying to kick her a** out there, but she was definitely afraid of Taeyeon (sometimes Yuri) getting mad at her. That, and the fact that she had dragged the two into too much trouble so many times she’d lost count. Sometimes she wonders if she even deserved to be their friend.

“Guys, I’m sorry.” Yoona mutters lowly; slightly sniffing. Her two best friends turn to look at her, and Taeyeon only smiled a little and patted her on the head. “Come on. We’re late for class.” She says, almost lifelessly, and walks away. Yoona couldn’t help but to cry harder. Taeyeon’s mad at her.

The tanned girl put’s her arm around her dongsaeng’s shoulders and pat’s her arm. “Tae will get over it.” She reassures. Though it was true---that Taeyeon wouldn’t stay mad at her for too long, Yoona was still worried.

“Come on, we still have a whole week and two months to look for a new school.”

---

NOTE: Hey thar, guys! Thanks for subscribing even though this haven't even started yet. To my new and old readers, I hope you'd like this piece. It'll only last a few chapters though, so don't expect much. Haha

After this, I'd start working on that sequel so, hang in there :D

Again, thank you~ and stay tuned ;)