When it Rains

L O V E

When it Rains

It was raining heavily on Monday morning. The students were on a week’s break off from school and Hyoyeon spent her morning like she usually did, drinking coffee, reading books, listening to music, and practicing her dances…

There was a knock on the door, but she didn’t hear it.

There came another knock, louder this time.

By the time the visitor had knocked the third time Hyoyeon was at the door, opening it, and came face-to-face with a completely drenched, slightly pathetic Hyukjae. She hurried him in quickly, pulling with all her force and closing the door. The rain had already come inside to the front part of the house.

No one was at home, fortunately. She was glad. If her parents were at home, they might have had spent another five minutes assessing him before they let him in; either that or they’d flip immediately.

She quickly ran upstairs to get a towel, almost slipping down the last few stairs. He ran towards her and held her by the arm, preventing her from falling.

“Careful, Hyo.”

“Thanks, sunbae. Quick, get dry. Aigoo, how did you get this wet? And what are you doing outside my house anyway?”

He sneezed, about to say something, but she had already left to get a cup of hot water. He dried himself as fast as possible, ensuring that he was completely dry before he sat on the sofa, still sneezing.

“Do you want to change into my dad’s clothes? Or maybe I could lend you one of my oversized T-shirts and a pair of baggy shorts?” She asked as she returned.

“I’d rather take the latter. If your dad found out I’d be slaughtered. Alive.

“Aish, trust you to joke in this situation, sunbae!” She ran upstairs again to get her shirt and shorts, came back down and tossed it to him, pointing the way to the bathroom round the back.

Smiling gratefully, he took the clothes and changed, holding his wet clothes in his hands awkwardly when he was done.

“Here, let me help with that.” She took the clothes and hung them on the rack, allowing them to dry.

“So, care to explain why you have chosen my house as a refuge for the moment, sunbae?” Hyoyeon sat opposite him and grinned.

“Well I was… Uh… I was on my way to Kyuhyun’s house to play Starcraft with him since he was begging me to, and I had nothing to do. So it started raining when I passed by your house so… Oh! Which reminds me! I need to call Kyuhyun…”

Hyukjae rubbed the back of his neck after explaining. Hyoyeon laughed out loud and tossed him her phone.

“Why didn’t you bring your phone?”

“I--forgot…”

“Like always.” She rolled her eyes, leaning in her seat as he began to dial Kyuhyun’s number. She watched as he called the gaming-obsessed freak of a friend, Kyuhyun.

“Yeah, okay, sorry. What? No! Okay. Bye.”

Hyoyeon smiled at his animated expressions and exaggerated gestures, chuckling at some points. When he hung up, the phone was tossed across the table and she caught it, still smiling.

“Geez Hyoyeon, wipe that smile off your face already! I’ve been seeing it throughout the call and I can’t stand it. What is so funny?”

“Psh. You’re just funny when you’re talking to people. And anyway, you talk as if you don’t like that smile.” Hyoyeon said smugly, leaning close to his face and smiling.

“Y-yah!” He blushed slightly, pulling back. “I’m still the sunbae you know!”

“Oh. Sunbae’s blushing~” She grinned, leaning back in her seat.

“That’s only because…” He stood up and walked toward her, sitting on the table, facing her. “Your smile is so beautiful.”

“S-sunbae… W-what are you talking a-about?” She stuttered, backing up against her seat, somewhat shrinking into it.

A million possibilities ran through her head, the only seemingly probable one was that he was just joking. Yeah, sunbae is just joking, nothing to worry about… She nodded to herself, not realizing that Hyukjae was watching her every move.

“I’m talking about the fact that I like you, Hyoyeon. I’ve liked you ever since I laid my eyes on you when you stepped into the campus. Ever since that smile of yours began to bright up my world. Today when I came here, I wasn’t really just taking refuge; I was hoping to be able to… tell you what I truly feel. I don’t just want to be your sunbae, I want to be more than that…”

Hyoyeon blushed furiously, a foreign feeling taking over her body completely. She had no idea what she was feeling. It annoyed her how she could feel this way, since she always had full control of her feelings.

“Sunbae… T-the truth is… I think I like you too.”

“You do?”

Just then, when she opened to reply, thunder boomed loudly, sounding like a gunshot. She jumped slightly, clinging onto Hyukjae.

“Are you okay, Hyoyeon?” He looked into her eyes concernedly.

“Yes… To both questions.” She smiled.

“Kim Hyoyeon… Did you know that you make my heart stop when you look at me? And from now on, you are not to call me sunbae, it’s Hyukjae oppa, arasso?”


AUTHOR'S NOTE: HyoHyuk? Check. My first time writing HyoHyuk, but it was fun to write. Especially with their choding sides and all. Haha and this was a shorter oneshot, more drabble, but not really either. The song for this is Jojo, but you don't have to re-read it. It was just the music background I used to write--really it doesn't fit the oneshot... Ehehe. It's replayed 30 times already, on Tubereplay. Haha. What's next? Um... SunSun? Maybe SiFany? Or maybe even TaeTeuk! I need me some leader love.